Author Topic: General Gun Question  (Read 5491 times)

Offline kermit

• View Profile
General Gun Question
« on: February 03, 2007, 07:44:21 PM »
Does anyone know what the Generals are carrying for guns now?

Like Patton, they can probably get whatever they want to carry, but they  made some special issue-pistols, too.  I remember that the Army made custom chopped .45s in the 70's and that there were special belts and holsters made for their Beretta's in more recent times.

Has anyone ever heard about any special rifles they may have been issued?  Of course, they normally don't do any real fighting, but I was curious if a few might not want something with a little longer reach.

The forum name just brought these questions to mind. ;D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 07:48:28 PM by kermit »

Offline Fjold

• View Profile
Re: General Gun Question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 06:19:26 PM »
Usually they just have a couple of soldiers standing around with rifles.  The best job I ever had was driving for a 2 star in the Navy.  I got to go to Virginia and learn how to drive and shoot.  Then they gave me an armored Buick, a custom built 1911A1, an Uzi in an under-dash mount and a Federal Carry permit.
Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
Re: General Gun Question
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:03:21 AM »
Not sure now, seems to be mainly a M9 though?  I do know in old days sometimes they were also issued Colt 1903 .32acp autos.  Not sure if the .380's were also issued. 
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!