Author Topic: pump action rifles  (Read 4353 times)

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
pump action rifles
« on: October 31, 2008, 01:21:52 AM »
Wh owns and likes these?  I have only owned .22lr versions but I'd like a old Remington 14 1/2 or something and a Remington 7600 eventually.  Basically ambidextrous and they are fun. 

I have a Winchester 62a from the early 1950's I got this year for $100 otd.  I sold a Rossi copy of the Winchester on calguns this year.  I should have kept it maybe as it had a neat octagonal barrel. 
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
Re: pump action rifles
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:32:09 AM »
I have never seen the apeal for them.
:) Thank you Sir, may I have another ;)

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 10:42:23 AM »
I have never seen the apeal for them.
Back when I hunted deer a lot I had a couple of the Remingtons chambered for 30-06.  They allow you to keep both hands in place and reload without removing the rifle from your shoulder more easily than any other manually operated rifle.  Almost as efficient as a semi but I've come to really prefer semis.  Switched to the same Remington rifle in semi-auto form then sold that too.  I liked them just fine but one did blow up on me ( slam fire before it was fully in battery)--Remington had me send it to them and they sent me a new one in return.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline big cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 04:10:48 PM »
They work great for deer in forrest conditions. Fast follow ups at nearish ranges.