Author Topic: A Missed BP Opportunity: Billy Joel Serenades Christie Brinkley  (Read 160 times)

Offline TrappedinCalifornia

• View Profile
It's one of those moments that one does really miss BP.

His platinum standard, Christie Brinkley (70), was serenaded by her ex, Billy Joel (74), live on 4/26 and we can't embed YouTube videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJPvhpmPeE

Offline compulsivegungrabber

• View Profile
Re: A Missed BP Opportunity: Billy Joel Serenades Christie Brinkley
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 08:03:26 AM »
Billy looks like he might fall and break a hip.

Offline FatCity67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 08:52:14 AM »
I'd break Christy's hip, :o 8) ;D
From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"

Offline TheGood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 09:22:04 AM »
I hardly think he's singing if 'for' her, he wrote the song about her in the '80s.  She was the 'uptown girl' in the music video as well.

He's married to another hot blonde that's 1/2 of Christie Brinkley's age (Alexis Roderick), so I doubt he's trying to get her back now.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 06:21:58 PM »
I hardly think he's singing if 'for' her, he wrote the song about her in the '80s.  She was the 'uptown girl' in the music video as well.

He's married to another hot blonde that's 1/2 of Christie Brinkley's age (Alexis Roderick), so I doubt he's trying to get her back now.

I don't think he's trying to 'get her back.'

I think it was just about recognizing she was in the audience and the fact that it was about her.

If you watch the video, there's a certain 'interaction' between them.

Offline TheGood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 09:02:43 PM »

I think it was just about recognizing she was in the audience and the fact that it was about her.

When you said "Serenades Christie Brinkley" in the title, I thought that you meant he was singing 'to' her.  I didn't see much of that in the video, all I could see was the back of his head, and a woman with blonde hair, I couldn't tell who it was. ::)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 03:28:49 AM »

When you said "Serenades Christie Brinkley" in the title, I thought that you meant he was singing 'to' her.  I didn't see much of that in the video, all I could see was the back of his head, and a woman with blonde hair, I couldn't tell who it was. ::)

If you watch it, it's clear that it's Brinkley; though a higher resolution would have been better.  He's also clearly playing to her with his antics at a couple of points.  But, I could also have been influenced by several media titles. . .

People - Billy Joel Serenades Christie Brinkley with 'Uptown Girl' Decades After Their Divorce - https://people.com/billy-joel-serenades-christie-brinkley-uptown-girl-decades-after-divorce-8640162

FOX News - Christie Brinkley's ex-husband Billy Joel serenades her at concert 30 years after split - https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/christie-brinkleys-ex-husband-billy-joel-serenades-concert-30-years-after-split

Billboard - Watch Billy Joel Serenade Ex-Wife Christie Brinkley With 'Uptown Girl' - https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/billy-joel-serenades-christie-brinkley-uptown-girl-1235669406/

In Style - Christie Brinkley Blushes as Ex Billy Joel Serenades Her With 'Uptown Girl' - https://www.instyle.com/billy-joel-sings-uptown-girl-ex-wife-christie-brinkley-8640406