Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic Discussion / Re: .org wordle thread.
« Last post by Widdle on Today at 10:17:59 AM »
I
Private Firearms Sales / Browning, Colt, Glock, SW, Walther, CZ
« Last post by amtragi on Today at 08:56:02 AM »
Colt mark IV series 80 $1,800.00 45 acp
Browning Arms 1911/22     $650.00
Walther PP 22 and 32 sold together $1,900
SW 60-14 357/38      $650.00
Glock 26  3 gen        $600.00
Glock 19   3 gen        $600
Glock 30 3 gen          $700.00
For pictures text 760.666.0023 OB
Private Firearms Sales / Beretta 92Xi SAO with optic mount San Diego
« Last post by mgusmurray on Today at 08:49:54 AM »
near new condition with original case. less than 600 rounds through it. I also have a Performance edition so I am selling this one. $1450
Off Topic Discussion / Re: .org wordle thread.
« Last post by TrappedinCalifornia on Today at 01:58:31 AM »
Wordle 1,047 4/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I don't know if, for the moment, we're continuing this thread over here, but. . .
people complain for the sake of complaining?

meh... nothing world ending or really making the experience degraded over .net.

they want kes and the team to provide them coffee and donuts too while whinning. ;D

Both are true, in a sense.  The trick is differentiating between the two; i.e., the 'grumbling' vs. the seemingly 'oblivious' who cry that it's over. 

While a certain amount of 'grumbling' is to be expected, too much of it comes from cries of foul and disaster over things which we were told would happen.  A certain amount stems from people who appeared to be oblivious of the pending change, then demand instantaneous 'satisfaction' of their every desire, apparently devoid of any recognition of limitations imposed by new versions of software.  (The iTrader thing being a good example where people were warned, well in advance, to get a 'snapshot' of their iTrader ranking and post it so that it could be preserved.  Now, all of a sudden, it's. . . "Where's our iTrader rating?  No more iTrader?  What are we going to do?")

As I've pointed out over there, real problems should be reported; e.g., error messages, access problems, etc.  Grumbling is expected over changes such as the size of the font, the background colors, etc.  But, simply complaining about things which can and are easily 'fixed' or 'mitigated' if you spend a modicum of time with the new infrastructure or complaints simply because things have 'changed' gets real old, real quick.  There are even those who have posted that Calguns is now 'dead' and point to alternative sites they think are 'better.'  Why?  You don't like it here, don't let the door hit you in the fanny on the way out.

After all the cries to 'fix it' or 'update it' or similar, you'd think a certain. . . gratitude. . . would be shown that something was done on that score.  Even if some of the things are not to your liking, some other things are actually 'improvements.'  You take the good with the bad, the better with the worse, and the rest you simply adapt to.  Fortunately, many are doing just that.  Yet, it is the incessant 'howling' that chaps my hide, particularly from those who couldn't even be bothered to sign in over here during the hiatus to keep up with what was going on or acknowledgement of the 'limitations' which have been imposed by various factors.  What sticks in my craw are those who come across as almost 'encouraging' it, I guess in an attempt to encourage them to 'get it out of their systems.'  Such just comes across more as 'pot stirring' than 'solution seeking.'

But, that's why I said that if Kestryll can 'survive' the whining and complaining, without serving noshes to those who 'demand' their aesthetics be catered to without recognition that they haven't even had a chance, yet, to actually see what's there. . . well. . .

That is my larger point.  Let's give it a chance and give Kestryll, et al. an opportunity to iron out the kinks before 'demanding' a 'fix for the fix.'  In the mean time, give recognition where recognition is due in terms of the effort which has been put forth.   
Posting in .org bot thread is strangely more satisfying thar new .net
the woke are the new zombies!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10