Hot Topics > Off Topic Discussion

Anyone into Corvettes?

(1/4) > >>

eaglemike:
Life is getting tougher, lots of things failing. Want to have fun before it gets impossible.
I'm thinking of looking for a C5 or C6. How hard are they for egress when knees are making life harder and one is 6'2" or so? If you think it will work, where is a good place to shop?
Or just bite the bullet and try to maintain an M3 or something like that?

SandiegoPoopButt619:
Lots of Corvette fans here, or at least on the main site. I think they are the best bang for your buck performance wise.

WOODY2:

--- Quote from: eaglemike on April 26, 2024, 06:16:46 PM ---Life is getting tougher, lots of things failing. Want to have fun before it gets impossible.
I'm thinking of looking for a C5 or C6. How hard are they for egress when knees are making life harder and one is 6'2" or so? If you think it will work, where is a good place to shop?
Or just bite the bullet and try to maintain an M3 or something like that?

--- End quote ---
Find one and try the ingress-egress before you purchase.

Widdle:
I can help break it in for you if your knees hurt. I will not even charge for my services.

Scotty:
Of the times I've gotten into a corvette at a car show, I found the best way to get out of one is to roll and crawl out of the car.  ;D

What I've found is with any two door sports car that is really low and with a large door sill is to slide the seat all the way back first. Then turn facing outward and lower your butt into the seat, then slide your legs into the car. Getting out is to slide the seat all the way back, turn the legs out, then get up out of the seat.

The reason for sliding the seat back is because 2 door cars have really long doors. Most people won't be sitting towards the back of the door. The angle of the door ends up being less when opened, so you have less room to swing your legs out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version