Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3211307 times)

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #9690 on: November 05, 2008, 11:45:13 AM »
Ammo took off already - Due to scare buying is what I am thinking -

I think gun sales and prices are going to skyrocket.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9691 on: November 05, 2008, 11:46:39 AM »
That's just the begining too - They don't know what the hell they were voting for -

Prop 2 is going to bring us $10/1lb of chicken, and $20/1lb of beef, looks like I am going to make my family vegitarians

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: November 05, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »
But carnitas is so good -

Prop 2 is going to bring us $10/1lb of chicken, and $20/1lb of beef, looks like I am going to make my family vegitarians
Raise your own. Chickens are easy to keep. They eat anything.

hogs will eat anything, even the political opposition's bodies

Pigs can be mean animals.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: November 05, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »
They absolutely do - Install judges, support senators, ect. -

question for you guys before I go to bed.

Does a president on the way out ever set things up so his party can win coming in?

A lot of why we lost is because W. screwed things up so bad.  If halfway through his second term, he stopped, took a deep breath, and realized that his last 2 years weren't as important as the next president and their 8 years...  Could we have a running gameplan and actually keep the good guy in the oval office.

murmur, murmur...

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9694 on: November 05, 2008, 11:49:45 AM »
I thank you -

On a side note -

Bobula dropped off two cans of 30-06 for me over the weekend that I had purchased from him - I bought the ammo before I bought the Garand -

I packed up your enbloc clips today.

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9695 on: November 05, 2008, 11:50:23 AM »
Work is slow, No work today, I am gonna start job hunting today or tomorw to have 2 jobs
*DISCLAIMER* I probably misspelled alot of things, and i dont care..

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9696 on: November 05, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »
You do adapt - For instance in Vietnam - No one wears denim - Too damm hot - Breathable fabrics are key -

I prefer the hot over cold too -

The only time I've ever been to somewhere cold was when I was training for work in Greenbay, Wisconsin - Man it's too cold for this tropical kid - It was around +40 outside and everybody was in shorts - LOL

I spent almost 3 months in Chicago over the winter of 96-97.
It was often 0 without wind chill and -50 with windchill.
After 2 months of this, it hit nearly 50 one day without any wind.
We were all running around in shorts and t-shirts.
None of us were particularly cold.
You adapt to the temperature.

I would never run around in shorts and a t-shirt here in so-cal when it's only 50.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: November 05, 2008, 11:51:46 AM »
That's the go getter attitude we all need -

Work is slow, No work today, I am gonna start job hunting today or tomorw to have 2 jobs

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9698 on: November 05, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »

We think we lost one of our biggest client, gives us about 30% of our work, things are crazy slow, Father very stressed, talking about shutting down the company weil see where the future takes us, I hope work starts coming in

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: November 05, 2008, 11:54:05 AM »
Yes - You still have to bring some things up to code - It's their chance to make changes -

That's why you always want to buy an existing restaurant/bar or whatever - they still exist off old codes -

Have to buy an existing one - Bypass the codes ect. - Everything will be grandfathered in -

Or a shooting range, though I believe when Insights in Artesia had bew owners, the city made them do some upgrades and such. 

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9700 on: November 05, 2008, 11:58:03 AM »
Same issues on my end - My bank have litterally cut off all my credit lines - I am unsure at the moment on how to buy inventory for xmas -

Tell your dad to hang in there - cut back where he can - Consolidate trips - It will get even worse than what we are going thru - I know those are not good words but everyone has to button up the hatches -

We think we lost one of our biggest client, gives us about 30% of our work, things are crazy slow, Father very stressed, talking about shutting down the company weil see where the future takes us, I hope work starts coming in

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: November 05, 2008, 12:00:37 PM »
A lot of things were captured there - We've been at was since the begining of time -

Finally - Here she is - Bore looks great - Already tore off some skin off on my thumb knuckle sliding the bolt -

Saigon, I have a book that mentioned a M39 captured in Vietnam!

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9702 on: November 05, 2008, 12:00:56 PM »
Same issues on my end - My bank have litterally cut off all my credit lines - I am unsure at the moment on how to buy inventory for xmas -

Tell your dad to hang in there - cut back where he can - Consolidate trips - It will get even worse than what we are going thru - I know those are not good words but everyone has to button up the hatches -

Yeah ima talk to my dad about our salary , I think in times like these, we need to lower our rates down so that we will get more movements , Its all very complicated

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: November 05, 2008, 12:02:19 PM »
well since the CTR stock did not come in yesterday , me and the seller think that it was stolen or lost, he is VERY nice and is nice enough to ship another one! he says he has one on his AR and he will take it off and ship it to me i think tht is very stand up of him, I truly hope the original CTR stock shows up so tht he wont have to buy another one , thats alot of $$$

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: November 05, 2008, 12:04:03 PM »
I am never good at projects thought - Just don't have the patience anymore -

Ross - Do you work with wood a lot? Thinking about sanding and refinish my Garand stock -

Sorry Saigon, I totally missed this post.  I like to do projects and sometimes they involve wood, but I wouldn't claim to know anything more than a regular joe.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9705 on: November 05, 2008, 12:05:10 PM »
Craps happens all the time - Especially now with xmas shipping around the corner -

well since the CTR stock did not come in yesterday , me and the seller think that it was stolen or lost, he is VERY nice and is nice enough to ship another one! he says he has one on his AR and he will take it off and ship it to me i think tht is very stand up of him, I truly hope the original CTR stock shows up so tht he wont have to buy another one , thats alot of $$$

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9706 on: November 05, 2008, 12:05:56 PM »
Perhaps have some specials - I don't really know too much about your family's bus. to make a recommendation -

Yeah ima talk to my dad about our salary , I think in times like these, we need to lower our rates down so that we will get more movements , Its all very complicated

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9707 on: November 05, 2008, 12:07:46 PM »
Perhaps have some specials - I don't really know too much about your family's bus. to make a recommendation -

Thats what he was mentiong having special rates for THAT company, but our profit margin is very slim as it is

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9708 on: November 05, 2008, 12:08:15 PM »
A lot of parents are allowing their kids to dress like tramps at a very early age now - In the mall, there's this store call Libby Lu - Tramps in training there -

Some of the boys even had spurs and the big old belt buckle, lol

and fat little 6 year old girls with their junk hanging out, dressed like little hookers.
Ewww, isn't that weird about the girls? What kind of parents would let them go out like that?? And the costume manufacturers, wtf are they thinking? This just pisses me off.

Offline Ojisan

• View Profile
« Reply #9709 on: November 05, 2008, 12:08:37 PM »
If Cav Troop started it, then he should finish it....agreed!

Still no UPS
Still no AT&T
I am waiting....

Saigon and Frio:
Retail biz has flattened everywhere right now.
Maybe now that the election is over things may loosen up a little.
Hopefully...

I plan to visit my local firearms retailer soon!
Time for a couple OLLs, if there are any left...

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9710 on: November 05, 2008, 12:09:14 PM »
The restaurant bus have the thinnest margin - Do what you can to save the account - It'll pay off in the long run - They will remember -

Thats what he was mentiong having special rates for THAT company, but our profit margin is very slim as it is

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9711 on: November 05, 2008, 12:10:25 PM »
Prices have start to climb due to scare buying thought - I will just keep on picking up C&R now -

There's a Eddystone 1917 available - What do you know?

If Cav Troop started it, then he should finish it....agreed!

Still no UPS
Still no AT&T
I am waiting....

Saigon and Frio:
Retail biz has flattened everywhere right now.
Maybe now that the election is over things may loosen up a little.
Hopefully...

I plan to visit my local firearms retailer soon!
Time for a couple OLLs, if there are any left...

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9712 on: November 05, 2008, 12:11:29 PM »
Ross - Will you come too? I am heading back down there for new year -

I am going to try to get Angie to bring me a cake to TS or to the next TAN bbq.

If you can get angie to come to the next TAN bbq at my place and bring cake, you would get back on the automatic invite list.  ;)

I think I have a fighting chance or possibly MArcelo can talk her into it. 
Or you guys could just ask me nicely :)

will you puhleeeze come to the next TaN BBQ?

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9713 on: November 05, 2008, 12:12:02 PM »
The restaurant bus have the thinnest margin - Do what you can to save the account - It'll pay off in the long run - They will remember -

Yeah that is true, also what oji said hopefully people or the economy is down because of the elections, now that its over hopefully things change

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9714 on: November 05, 2008, 12:13:42 PM »
We all are a tad off in our ways -

I have hard time justifying a 3 hour drive for a BBQ.  Besides, I'm a socially inept, super shy, and don't want to be gangraped.

Offline Ojisan

• View Profile
« Reply #9715 on: November 05, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »

I have hard time justifying a 3 hour drive for a BBQ.  Besides, I'm a socially inept, super shy, and don't want to be gangraped.

My BBQ was not a trap...my home is in La Crescenta, not Westwood.
All who attended survived OK...LOL

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9716 on: November 05, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »
We need more wood - Hope you were able to make good use of the left over meat -

Thank you again for hosting - It was wonderful meeting your wife and son - Next one we should start even earlier and make it a day of just hanging out and talking -

My BBQ was not a trap...my home is in La Crescenta, not Westwood.
All who attended survived OK...LOL

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9717 on: November 05, 2008, 12:39:46 PM »
I sitll think we should try and set up a meet in BLM land and have a bbq there also , if we can

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9718 on: November 05, 2008, 12:48:45 PM »
All you local guys should be able to pull that off -

I sitll think we should try and set up a meet in BLM land and have a bbq there also , if we can

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9719 on: November 05, 2008, 01:02:53 PM »
Saigon is it true that you cannot take registerd AW to BLM land ? Only offcial shooting ranges ?