Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3211739 times)

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #10890 on: November 09, 2008, 11:43:13 PM »
Oh definitely pics in 11 days - C&R thing because everything else is just way over budget for me - That Colt is setting me back a bit - Damm, what to sell -

I saw some M1 carbines at the show, just beautiful and expensice too - The guys I bought the Garand from dropped his price to 500 - Not bad -

Sounds like you had a full day today dude - You working in the manana?

Oh yes i rememer that colt! take pics! , and very bootyfull, you are going full on with this c&r purchases right now i am watching Saving private Ryan, and man o man i realy want a m1 Garand, m1 carbine and 1919 more than ever now! lol

& Yes time was fun with the GF , went to Placita Olvera ate there browsed around for an hour or 2 bough some mexican candy, then headed over to a house that her parents are gonna buy, needs some work but ima help , verynice house. Then headed back to her house picked up her little bro and sis and headed to chuck e chesse was there about 2 hours and alot of takens later , was fun there we were all playing in the arcades, then went back to her house , baked some cookies , went to walmart to pick up a few things then im back home now

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: November 09, 2008, 11:47:39 PM »
Oh definitely pics in 11 days - C&R thing because everything else is just way over budget for me - That Colt is setting me back a bit - Damm, what to sell -

I saw some M1 carbines at the show, just beautiful and expensice too - The guys I bought the Garand from dropped his price to 500 - Not bad -

Sounds like you had a full day today dude - You working in the manana?

Oh yes i rememer that colt! take pics! , and very bootyfull, you are going full on with this c&r purchases right now i am watching Saving private Ryan, and man o man i realy want a m1 Garand, m1 carbine and 1919 more than ever now! lol

& Yes time was fun with the GF , went to Placita Olvera ate there browsed around for an hour or 2 bough some mexican candy, then headed over to a house that her parents are gonna buy, needs some work but ima help , verynice house. Then headed back to her house picked up her little bro and sis and headed to chuck e chesse was there about 2 hours and alot of takens later , was fun there we were all playing in the arcades, then went back to her house , baked some cookies , went to walmart to pick up a few things then im back home now

DAMN $500 for the Garand???? send me a link or the guys sn i need to pm him , That is a killer price on a Garand, I really want! I still need to sell the hk stock i can use that money towards the Garand....

and yesi work early manana, busy day it seems , just gotta keep my head straight and not mess up at work and try not to get frustrated/overwelmed with stuff , hope the day just cruises by tomorow
*DISCLAIMER* I probably misspelled alot of things, and i dont care..

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: November 09, 2008, 11:50:00 PM »
It's the same guy you had asked for location before - Several Garands and a Mauser and K31 - Let me look -

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: November 09, 2008, 11:51:24 PM »

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: November 09, 2008, 11:54:58 PM »
Here it is -

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=129338

Yeah i think im gonna buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He comes down to LA on the 30th Im tell him if i commit to buying it by pm will you hold it for me till yo ucome down to la to the the FTF transfer..we will see what he says , so the garand is good saigon ? No pitting or rust in the barrel ? why so cheap , do youknow ?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: November 10, 2008, 12:01:03 AM »
It's a rack grade - Here's a description directly from CMP

But his looks a lot better than the description -

RACK GRADE: (Fair)   
Rack Grade Rifles. Most of these rifles have been refinished or rebuilt at least once while in military service and will likely have some parts from other manufacturers. Rifle wear will be exhibited by worn and mixed colors of the finish; there may be some minor pitting on the metal parts; wood will be basically sound but may be well used with minor hairline cracks, poor fit, and many dings, scratches and gouges; wood may not match in color, type of wood or condition. These rifles may have some foreign parts and wood may be Walnut, Birch, Beech or other variety. Rifles do not have import marks. Bores will be generally good with only minor imperfections; the barrel crown may be nicked, and the muzzle may gauge more than β€œ3” on muzzle gauge. The Throat Erosion will gauge more than β€œ5”The overall appearance and condition of the rack grade will generally be rougher than any other grade. Fair condition.

Here it is -

He comes down to LA on the 30th Im tell him if i commit to buying it by pm will you hold it for me till yo ucome down to la to the the FTF transfer..we will see what he says , so the garand is good saigon ? No pitting or rust in the barrel ? why so cheap , do youknow ?

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: November 10, 2008, 12:02:32 AM »
It's a rack grade - Here's a description directly from CMP

But his looks a lot better than the description -

RACK GRADE: (Fair)   
Rack Grade Rifles. Most of these rifles have been refinished or rebuilt at least once while in military service and will likely have some parts from other manufacturers. Rifle wear will be exhibited by worn and mixed colors of the finish; there may be some minor pitting on the metal parts; wood will be basically sound but may be well used with minor hairline cracks, poor fit, and many dings, scratches and gouges; wood may not match in color, type of wood or condition. These rifles may have some foreign parts and wood may be Walnut, Birch, Beech or other variety. Rifles do not have import marks. Bores will be generally good with only minor imperfections; the barrel crown may be nicked, and the muzzle may gauge more than “3” on muzzle gauge. The Throat Erosion will gauge more than “5”The overall appearance and condition of the rack grade will generally be rougher than any other grade. Fair condition.

Here it is -

and personally what do you think about the one he is selling, youve seen it in person right ?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: November 10, 2008, 12:04:06 AM »
I saw it - It looks a lot better than the description - He must have more because he had added and sold several already -

If he's not going down - I can pick and take it to you when I am heading down for New Year -

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: November 10, 2008, 12:06:45 AM »
Smoke break -

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: November 10, 2008, 12:08:59 AM »
I saw it - It looks a lot better than the description - He must have more because he had added and sold several already -

If he's not going down - I can pick and take it to you when I am heading down for New Year -

Thank you for the Offer saigon , He WILL hold it for me untill the 30th, I asked if he had various others for the same price , lets see if i can choose from a few, im VERY exited!

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: November 10, 2008, 12:25:51 AM »
I still need to shoot mine - I need to get some ammo though - The range I frequent won't let you do steel oe fmj - There's an airport nearby -

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: November 10, 2008, 12:27:27 AM »
I still need to shoot mine - I need to get some ammo though - The range I frequent won't let you do steel oe fmj - There's an airport nearby -

Oh that sucks, I will need to buy some30/06 ammo to stock pile up, He said he will throw in some emblocks for it, so i will need to huntdown some slings and bandolers for it ,

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: November 10, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: November 10, 2008, 12:35:53 AM »
that is a gorgeouse gun, why does it say al NFA rules apply

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: November 10, 2008, 12:44:09 AM »
A PPT -

I tired - Heading to Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10905 on: November 10, 2008, 01:55:32 AM »
All the time - I had bought a ton of Corona salt and pepper shaker - All gone - Now folks wonder why prices go up -

[/quote]

True but some restaurants have gotten so rediculous in price increases, I no longer or rarely eat at them anymore.  Heck, a burger place in my area charges for a soda refill!  This causes me to go elsewhere usually. 
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: November 10, 2008, 01:56:33 AM »
I just made a killer lasagne. I was in here, waiting for the oven to warm up, the dog got up on the counter and ate half of it.  :'(

I once put a pie in the windowsill for it to cool, just like in cartoons, a dog ate it!

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: November 10, 2008, 01:57:28 AM »
Hey Jacques - Picked up a French MAS 36 today - Can't wait till I get home tonight to check her out closely -

I have one still in the mummy wrap, sold off my shooter.

Weird, no safety. 

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: November 10, 2008, 01:58:17 AM »
I just made a killer lasagne. I was in here, waiting for the oven to warm up, the dog got up on the counter and ate half of it.  :'(

I had a cat that started eating an apple pie while it was cooling.  She managed to push the tin off onto the floor.  I said fugit, scooped it back into the tin, dirt and cat hair and all, and ate it anyways.

And you say I am sick for taking bites from the food in my...photo ops. 

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: November 10, 2008, 01:59:21 AM »
Jacques, if your dog ate your food, does that make it dog food.  Does that mean you ate dog food?

Just a logical continuation.

I have eaten dog food before,long story.

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: November 10, 2008, 02:01:57 AM »
I have a MAS 44, that's a semi-auto - This 36 is a bolt action - Predecessor to the 44 -

Hey Jacques - Picked up a French MAS 36 today - Can't wait till I get home tonight to check her out closely -

I thought you already had one of those.
You are more French than I am.

I like baguettes and my dad looks like Jean Reno sort of.  I want a MAC50.  I like the movie Ratatouille.  Anyone ever see that The Red Balloon movie? 

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: November 10, 2008, 02:04:18 AM »
We had food for 2 days - Then it was liquid for 3 days - On the 6th day, elements of the US 7th fleet found us and replenished supplies - I remember my 7 year old sister crying for milk - Things for me to reflect upon in bad times -

Tri-tip looks great Sor -

Jacques and Ross - Nothing wrong with eating food like that - When I was floating around for 7 days on that boat, I would of eaten anything -

Who did you end up eating?

True, most Americans can not relate.  I have heard of much worse stories unfortunately.  Where was the boat headed?  Just hoping to be picked up or to a certain country?  Some made it as far as Australia!

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: November 10, 2008, 02:05:28 AM »
Most marinades are so full of salt, though.  I put a bunch of steaks in a bowl with stubbs.  I was going to make them that night, Sun.  The GF had to reschedule for Wed.  I made one steak, turned out awesome.  Made the rest on Wed after marinating the whole time.  I took one bite and just about choked.  The GF took one bite and got sick.  If you had spooned salt into my mouth, it would have tasted better.

You don't like a salty taste in your mouth? 

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: November 10, 2008, 02:06:52 AM »
Thanks - News to me - Have not bought a high cap rebuild mag in forever - I just thought with the ban ended, the mannu. would stopping dating them -

Nah, many are PC and scared.  I have heard Glock has actually told LE tips on identifying their newer mags, FUD or true?

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: November 10, 2008, 02:08:52 AM »

On another note - I fired 2 employees today - At 2 locations - What a bunch of pansies they were -

[
[/quote]

Well, at least it's not Xmas yet and they can get unemployement. 

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: November 10, 2008, 02:13:27 AM »
[Me nothign worked alot on sat, dint end up chiling w the gf but worked on the horses stall's , and today hanged out all day w the gf and lil bros and sis

F to the L to the A to the K to the E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could have at least returned my call to let me know you decided to flake...

And no one took me up on my Seal Beach turkey dinner and drink offer, I guess I am unliked around these parts... :D :'(

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: November 10, 2008, 08:12:15 AM »
[Me nothign worked alot on sat, dint end up chiling w the gf but worked on the horses stall's , and today hanged out all day w the gf and lil bros and sis

F to the L to the A to the K to the E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could have at least returned my call to let me know you decided to flake...

And no one took me up on my Seal Beach turkey dinner and drink offer, I guess I am unliked around these parts... :D :'(

LOL you where hafl asleep in the voice mail , figured you where gonna sleeep the rest of the day

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: November 10, 2008, 08:50:22 AM »
Customers like you - We don't want -

All the time - I had bought a ton of Corona salt and pepper shaker - All gone - Now folks wonder why prices go up -

True but some restaurants have gotten so rediculous in price increases, I no longer or rarely eat at them anymore.  Heck, a burger place in my area charges for a soda refill!  This causes me to go elsewhere usually. 
[/quote]

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: November 10, 2008, 08:51:45 AM »
So not showing up for work and under performing gives them the right to collect - No wonder we are in the crap hole we are -

On another note - I fired 2 employees today - At 2 locations - What a bunch of pansies they were -

[

Well, at least it's not Xmas yet and they can get unemployement. 
[/quote]

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: November 10, 2008, 08:53:31 AM »
Good morning everyone - Have a great Monday -