Author Topic: Down again?  (Read 78295 times)

Offline USN CHIEF

• View Profile
Down again?
« on: August 14, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »
What happened?

Offline blackwater ops

• View Profile
Re: Down again?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »
looks like an outage... Where is the tinfoil hat smile...

Offline blackwater ops

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 12:32:55 PM »
name server is down too...

SemiAutoSam

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:34:17 PM »
OOPS  

Did I do that...

Naaa not this time... LOL

Offline USN CHIEF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 12:35:35 PM »
hey SAS, how are you buddy?  How long will you keep Cal Guns down this time? ;D

Offline Kestryll

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Calguns.net
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
It looks like we're down pretty hard, I've already made some calls and we're looking in to it.
"The problem with ‘post-modern’ society is there are too many people with nothing meaningful to do, building ‘careers’ around controlling the lives of others and generally making social nuisances of themselves. They justify their meddling by discovering social ‘problems’ and getting the media to mag

Offline bonjing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 12:37:16 PM »
funny I got an AJAX error when trying to view calguns, whatever that mean,  is AJAX messing with us. ;D

SemiAutoSam

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 12:38:47 PM »
DOS overload ? 

Are the spiders doing their job ?

Don't sweat it however there is always my backup joke thread on NES..
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20144

It looks like we're down pretty hard, I've already made some calls and we're looking in to it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 12:41:49 PM by SemiAutoSam »

Offline ke6guj

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 12:40:46 PM »
even cdglobal.net is down

Offline Kestryll

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Calguns.net
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 12:42:31 PM »
Whatever it is it's not just confined to the forum. The control panel is not available and the main CD Global site is down too.
This means it's not just a DB Server issue but something bigger. My guess is going to be either power in the local area or transmission issues.
In other words, I don't think it's CD Global but instead is some third party issue.
"The problem with ‘post-modern’ society is there are too many people with nothing meaningful to do, building ‘careers’ around controlling the lives of others and generally making social nuisances of themselves. They justify their meddling by discovering social ‘problems’ and getting the media to mag

Offline blackwater ops

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »
Yeah, normally when the site is down I can still ping the server, or at least the name server... Looks like all of CD Global is down right now (or at least 112 domains on the name servers)...

We should really talk about doing a failover server on my network, maybe something with Acronis that would be really easy for you to manage. I won't charge you anything above cost...

Offline emc002

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 12:47:09 PM »
Bummer... What'll I do now?!?  Oh yeah, Tagoria.

SemiAutoSam

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 12:49:18 PM »
You have E Mail..

hey SAS, how are you buddy?  How long will you keep Cal Guns down this time? ;D

Hey Kest how about lifting my BAN ?  

I promise not to steal anyone else's designs like SFV_Dealer stole Prince50's Bullet Button.

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 12:50:04 PM »
The forum is down, but Kestryll and SAS are together on this thread.  I've gotta stay and watch.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline USN CHIEF

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 12:55:05 PM »
The forum is down, but Kestryll and SAS are together on this thread.  I've gotta stay and watch.

No kidding, can't we just all get along like a big happy family?  Lift his ban Kest.

SemiAutoSam

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 12:59:51 PM »
I was going to put a call in to Kest but didn't want to piss him off.

I know or at least believe the reasons for my Ban are mostly political but I do feel like a kid that has been locked out of his family home by being banned and do love you guys.

No kidding, can't we just all get along like a big happy family?  Lift his ban Kest.

Offline pepsi2451

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 01:00:25 PM »
Yeah give SAS another chance I miss his threads.  Hope the site is up soon.

Offline 2e8b

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »
LOL Sam. How have things been, didnt get burned out of Paradise?

Sucks that the server is down.

God help us if AR15Barrels and Chief get into another post-whore-war here again.

Ugh. might actually have to do some work.

Offline caduckgunner

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 01:01:55 PM »

Will the ban hammer fall here as well??????????

SemiAutoSam

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 01:03:57 PM »
Hey now dont tempt the FORK.

Will the ban hammer fall here as well??????????

Offline Kestryll

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Calguns.net
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 01:08:18 PM »

No Sam, I'm sorry but after the fifth or sixth ban AFTER being allowed back from a previous permanent ban there's just so many chances someone gets. Obviously you feel that the warnings and temp bans were meaningless and that the rules do not apply to you.
With that mindset, which has been proven out over numerous warnings and temp bans, there is no reason whatsoever to believe that we would not be right back here in a very short time.

I promise not to steal anyone else's designs like SFV_Dealer stole Prince50's Bullet Button.
This right here displays another reason why the answer is no.
You take no responsibility for your words or actions and try to pawn that responsibility off on to others, either directly or by comparison.
Sorry, life has consequences, denying them or assuming they won't apply to you is the short road to frustration and aggravation.
You can deny responsibility and ignore the consequences elsewhere but not on Calguns.

No matter how much you'd like to believe there was some deeper motive, it simply came down to your own actions and choices that determined the end result.

All that said I am glad to see you seem to have made it through the recent fires okay, you may be banned but I wish you no harm at all.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:10:04 PM by Kestryll »

Offline VegasND

• View Profile
I know it's not a democracy.
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 01:19:41 PM »

Even though it's not a democracy, I'm with Chief.  Kes--can you try probation or somethin'?  The world is getting interesting and SAS isn't around to spread the tinfoil...
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline Kestryll

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Calguns.net
Re: I know it's not a democracy.
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 01:22:16 PM »
The forum is down, but Kestryll and SAS are together on this thread.  I've gotta stay and watch.

Even though it's not a democracy, I'm with Chief.  Kes--can you try probation or somethin'?  The world is getting interesting and SAS isn't around to spread the tinfoil...

How many probations should he get?
Is it fair to others who have been banned who DIDN'T get 6 chances or more?
At what point do we draw the line and say, enough is enough?

Offline azndmd

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 01:24:43 PM »
Is SAS banned...he is here posting....or are you guys joking about it?

Offline VegasND

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 01:26:33 PM »
Is SAS banned...he is here posting....or are you guys joking about it?

He is banned on Calguns.net

This is Calguns.org

It became apparent a couple of crashes back that bans don't extend from one to the other.
H. L. Mencken

SemiAutoSam

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 01:27:13 PM »
I realise life has consequences and was not trying to put that off on anyone else I was just using that as an example that he did the same thing as You accused me of doing and he did not get banned.

This does not look like equal treatment.  

There were also variations of designs that other members like JJperls design had in comparison to the Drickles and yet he did not get banned either.

I provided evidence that the design I posted about was given to me free and clear from CHINO and even provided blue prints via EMAIL to back up this point.

These examples make it looks like my banning was done for the reason that You and IVAN maybe even more than you just didn't want me as a member as I say what I feel and am not politically correct and you cant have that on your board.

And no I do not think that the Temp Bans were meaningless but at times given by someone that already had it in for me and hence biased.

After being nuked for 4 months I can honestly say I would not be the same if let back on.

But that's my opinion and I suppose I can say what I want here and now and whether you believe me or not I am being honest.

I did post about making another design of FAL LOCK and stated my intentions but I didn't follow through with them.

I didn't even program the machine let alone produce any parts, SO while I did have an intent to run the parts I did not in the end.

That should mean something...  

No Sam, I'm sorry but after the fifth or sixth ban AFTER being allowed back from a previous permanent ban there's just so many chances someone gets. Obviously you feel that the warnings and temp bans were meaningless and that the rules do not apply to you.
With that mindset, which has been proven out over numerous warnings and temp bans, there is no reason whatsoever to believe that we would not be right back here in a very short time.

This right here displays another reason why the answer is no.
You take no responsibility for your words or actions and try to pawn that responsibility off on to others, either directly or by comparison.
Sorry, life has consequences, denying them or assuming they won't apply to you is the short road to frustration and aggravation.
You can deny responsibility and ignore the consequences elsewhere but not on Calguns.

No matter how much you'd like to believe there was some deeper motive, it simply came down to your own actions and choices that determined the end result.

All that said I am glad to see you seem to have made it through the recent fires okay, you may be banned but I wish you no harm at all.

SemiAutoSam

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 01:29:12 PM »
Guys dont piss him off you dont want to share my fate do you ?

Its a lonely world out there without your Gun Buddies  I would not want the company that bad...

Offline Kestryll

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Calguns.net
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 01:34:39 PM »

Its a lonely world out there without your Gun Buddies  I would not want the company that bad...

How about just follow the rules?
That was too hard for you to do and THAT is what sealed your fate.

Let me give you an idea of the kind of posts that added to your history and eventually ended your account.
This is YOUR post as 'humor' elsewhere. Here's a hint, racism is NOT funny.
Quote from: SemiAutoSam
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5623/18611px5.jpg

Offline wokmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 01:37:52 PM »

Can't you just reincarnate & come back as a goat? :D

Offline hopi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 01:41:01 PM »
We don't have a smiley that accurately represents what this thread has become....