Author Topic: Colorado 'Californication' - State House Passes Three More Anti-Gun Bills  (Read 254 times)

Offline TrappedinCalifornia

• View Profile
Colorado House approves firearm bills related to liability insurance, dealer licensure - https://coloradonewsline.com/2024/04/22/colorado-house-approves-firearm-bills-related-to-liability-insurance-dealer-licensure/

The Colorado House of Representatives passed three firearm-related bills over the weekend, including what would be a first-in-the-nation requirement for gun owners to carry liability insurance.

The trio is part of a handful of gun bills making their way through the Democrat-controlled Legislature that would place additional requirements on firearm owners in the state.

The bills will now head to the Senate, which has until May 8 to vote on them before the end of session. Only a few gun-related bills have cleared both chambers so far, including one to strengthen concealed carry permit requirements and one to require safe gun storage in cars.

A proposed ban on "assault weapons" passed the House and has been introduced in the Senate, but it is awaiting a hearing with the State, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 03:27:05 PM by TrappedinCalifornia »

Offline dan_eastvale

• View Profile
Your post got cut off as do many of mine. I don't know why that happens here so often.

They strengthened CCW requirements in the legislature. Does Colorado have state issued CCW permits like here in Utah?

Only a few of the bills have passed both houses so far. I wonder if there's still a lot of resistance to additional gun control in Colorado, making it difficult to pass some of these bills.

• View Profile
Your post got cut off as do many of mine. I don't know why that happens here so often.

They strengthened CCW requirements in the legislature. Does Colorado have state issued CCW permits like here in Utah?

Only a few of the bills have passed both houses so far. I wonder if there's still a lot of resistance to additional gun control in Colorado, making it difficult to pass some of these bills.

If I had to guess, it might have to do with characters in the post.  In the case of the OP, it might've been the quotation marks.

I don't know with certainty, but I think Colorado issues CCW's via the county level, like in California, see - https://cbi.colorado.gov/sections/firearms-instacheck-unit/concealed-handgun-permit-chp

I think Colorado suffers from an affliction similar to California; i.e., large rural areas outnumbered (or increasingly so) by growing urban interests/power.  On top of that, Colorado is considered by many to be a bellwether state for the Rocky Mountain Region, so it is being 'targeted' by anti-gun forces. The scary part is that they are finding an audience in that many from anti-gun areas have been moving there, providing a sympathetic ear and not understanding what it is the live 'in the West.'

I ran into that in Austin, TX 25 or 26 years ago when I went to a couple of galleries looking for prints of 'Western art.'  What I was told by the one gal was that I'd have to go to Denver to find it.  (I did, finally, come across a small outfit that had what I was looking for; but, it wasn't an easy find and I'm not sure what things are like today.)  Meanwhile, my younger brother, who lived in Denver for over 20 years, got out, in part, due to the changing culture and kinda resented it when I would observe that he was more a 'big city' product than a 'Western ruralite' in terms of his approach to Life. 

We were born in the same, small town and raised in the same location; but, while I tended toward a more rural existence, he readily gravitated to bigger and bigger cities.  I have lived and continue to live in small towns, either on the edge of them or as close as I can get.  Where I currently reside, a neighbor used to deer hunt beginning two blocks away.  When I lived in another town, it wasn't even a block away.  In fact, the deer used to browse off my back porch.  I can fish starting about a mile or so down the road.  My brother hasn't lived outside the asphalt and concrete of a big (and bigger) city in 35 years and it takes him at least an half hour to approach 'getting out of town' status.  I champ at the bit to get out in the woods and he looks for good Wi-Fi connections, restaurants, and convenient shopping.

There's more to it than an urban/rural divide, but it is a starting point which speaks to a difference in mindset and, thus, priorities.  It's not about the relative crime rate so much as an 'independence' of thinking and an attitude of 'self-reliance' when it comes to getting things done.

Offline Palmaris

• View Profile
Colorado House approves firearm bills related to liability insurance, dealer licensure - https://coloradonewsline.com/2024/04/22/colorado-house-approves-firearm-bills-related-to-liability-insurance-dealer-licensure/

The Colorado House of Representatives passed three firearm-related bills over the weekend, including what would be a first-in-the-nation requirement for gun owners to carry liability insurance.

The trio is part of a handful of gun bills making their way through the Democrat-controlled Legislature that would place additional requirements on firearm owners in the state.

The bills will now head to the Senate, which has until May 8 to vote on them before the end of session. Only a few gun-related bills have cleared both chambers so far, including one to strengthen concealed carry permit requirements and one to require safe gun storage in cars.

A proposed ban on "assault weapons" passed the House and has been introduced in the Senate, but it is awaiting a hearing with the State, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee...
Commies will choose state with list anti gun control attitude and more influence with libtards, will pass this kind of unconstitutional laws and then will use as driver everywhere else. At list this is what I will do. CO one of those states.

• View Profile

Commies will choose state with list anti gun control attitude and more influence with libtards, will pass this kind of unconstitutional laws and then will use as driver everywhere else. At list this is what I will do. CO one of those states.

Part of the background is how California migrants have infected Colorado politics, changing the playing field to allow for such machinations. 

Colorado is, purportedly, the key to the Rocky Mountain region.  The problem is that it's not just Colorado.  New Mexico is going through similar changes.

What the article didn't really note is what will happen when the 'philosophy' tries to take hold in states like Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho.  As I observed earlier, even in Colorado, there is a distinct urban vs. rural divide on many issues, including guns.  In short, they still have time to save themselves, a situation, which, sadly, is long past in California.

Offline Palmaris

• View Profile

Part of the background is how California migrants have infected Colorado politics, changing the playing field to allow for such machinations. 

Colorado is, purportedly, the key to the Rocky Mountain region.  The problem is that it's not just Colorado.  New Mexico is going through similar changes.

What the article didn't really note is what will happen when the 'philosophy' tries to take hold in states like Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho.  As I observed earlier, even in Colorado, there is a distinct urban vs. rural divide on many issues, including guns.  In short, they still have time to save themselves, a situation, which, sadly, is long past in California.
Interesting-no single person except people who pass magazine capacity law following it up. I went to 5 different gun stores-you can buy anything and all on display.

• View Profile
There's nothing to "follow up" on. . . yet.

These bills have yet to fully pass, let alone become Law.

The point, however, is that the process is underway.