Author Topic: GF- really pissed at me..  (Read 12596 times)

Offline Picturepro

• View Profile
GF- really pissed at me..
« on: November 24, 2015, 11:29:15 PM »
So we live together, and her daughter. I have both my cars in garage, she parks on driveway. With this day and age there are people who can not make a living via a job, so they take from others.

Three years ago I was outside on driveway in the shadows of the streetlight and right across the street 30-40 feet way two males opened my neighbors unlocked car and trunk and were going through it.
I knew they were not her friends and they did not belong in the neighborhood. I called police while I was in the shadows, police are rolling to my area I walked out into the light, the two stopped bc now they see me. They pull their pants and start walking away. Next I called my neighbor and she said no she has no friends in her car. She hits the lock and now this is 30-45 second after alarm goes off.
A-holes walked away. 2 Minutes later 2 cops cars roll up light out in stealth mode.  They drove the neighborhood 20 minutes never found them.

FF to first part of November. I give my GF my opener to garage to park and keep her car safe(er) while I was at SEMA in Vegas. Everything is fine and I keep finding her car unlocked
2-3 times a week. I'm thinking that is all I need some F-er with my garage opener in my domain. I'm a typical guy got my tools, 4 nice bike and other stuff locked up (to be legal)
I removed the opened several days before bc that day she left her car unlocked again. She now goes for opener and I removed it.

She is pissed at me, says I do not TRUST her, on and on....... I have openers in both my cars. I park at movies, park at mall, park everywhere. At anytime I could have forgotten to lock my car.

I guess I am paranoid, I don't want to be a victim.  I do NOT want to shoot someone in my house/ garage. I don't want to leave in the AM and my door is open and bikes are gone, tools are gone, car is open
Radar is gone, safe is open........  Insurance will cover bikes but 500 deductible, and premiums would be horrible
I hear about garage openers being used to get to people stuff from a opener and DMV registration - your address, free stuff.

I told her about my neighbor open car, When I leave I check my garage 2-3 times. Once a month even call neighbors to check if its open.
She is really..... pissed. I do trust her but she I do not think she has any value for my acquisitions, or responsibility of keeping guns 100% secured 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:45:37 PM by Picturepro »

Offline Loopwell

• View Profile
Re: GF- really pissed at me..
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:42:57 PM »
Perhaps keep the opener in her purse? Another way is to but garage opener key fobs. You are being safe and its the right thing to do if she continues to demonstrate carelessness.

Offline OldFart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:44:17 PM »
Nra,
membership comes with 2500 coverage. More is about 1%. So do the math, 1% to cover loss of firearms, accessories, optics, ammo.

Offline Picturepro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:53:00 PM »
I am a NRA member, one gun would be covered. I asked about my Statefarm insurance to cover guns. They wanted make, model, serial number, and appraisal.

again Paranoid... Even post this info is out of comfort zone.

them more people know what you have.... :(

no win situation   

Offline L84Cabo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 12:18:17 AM »
Sooo...she left her car open and it's not the first time.  And now she's pissed at you because you think she can't be trusted because...well...she CAN'T be trusted! 

And ok, it's not that it's intentional or malicious...more just absent minded.  But this is the thing with women.  They screw up or behave badly and when you point it out or take action, suddenly YOU are the bad guy for a) pointing it out and taking action and b) making them feel bad about themselves.  I mean, it's really freaking hard for her to make her case when SHE left her car unlocked...and it's NOT the first time!

Pay attention to what is going on here man because how SHE deals with this and how she thinks about this is a really good indication of how she will handle things in the future.   And you need to decide if you're willing to put up with that.  And to that end, you may be ok with it now but it may drive you up the wall after she's done this a few times...and she will!

But here's what you do...You explain to her that you have guns/safe in the garage and that requires that you have an ultra high level of responsibility to make sure they don't fall into the wrong hands...because you would BOTH feel horrible if someone got one of your guns and killed someone with it.  Accordingly, you check and recheck that things are locked up.  YOU RECHECK YOURSELF and that you locked the garage up.  As part of that check you also check her car and your own car in case anyone absentmindedly forgot to lock their door.  It has nothing to do with trust.  It's basic security in case someone forgot...INCLUDING YOURSELF!

And then you have to have the talk with her...she has left her car open multiple times and you can't take that chance because there are guns in the garage, and what is SHE going to do to ensure she doesn't forget to lock her door? 

And if she give you any crap, then ask her why she thinks so little of you and doesn't have enough respect for you to keep your things secure? 

Offline Warmongering-Pacifist

• Bring back the dotnet!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 12:24:03 AM »
Every time she leaves the car unlocked, take something from it and hide it.  This will train her to make sure she locked all doors and rolled up all the windows.

Offline Picturepro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 12:44:58 AM »
LOL L84Cabo, thanks

I also bought a self locking lock for front door. Countless times the first couple months both of them leave door unlocked AM/ PM.
Now after 15 seconds it locks, most of the time they remember to close it all the way.

Looking back on things and society, I have taken extra steps to lock thing down.

My mom and I just had to place my father in a memory care Senior home. It was so bad he tied door knobs together.
if there ever was a emergency thay would have never got out of the house. One day they somehow got locked out
and by using the garage. I had to come over and let them in. I knew dad tied up the door so I had a large fishing knife
and the door had just enough slack to get a knife in and cut the rope off the knobs.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:46:44 AM by Picturepro »

Offline Punisher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 12:47:55 AM »
Just leave a big pile of dog poop on her seat the next time she leaves her car unlocked. I have a feeling you'll only need to do this once.

Offline Picturepro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 01:09:40 AM »
if I did not like or Love her maybe it would be fun laugh.

flip her lid would be a under statement LOL

good think she does not own a gun  lol

Offline Son

• Bite me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 02:54:07 AM »
Every time she leaves the car unlocked, take something from it and hide it.  This will train her to make sure she locked all doors and rolled up all the windows.
This.  And if that doesn't work, make a copy of her car key, and when she's sleeping, move her car around the corner.  When she wakes up, ask her who she loaned her car to.  Watch the fireworks and right before she calls LE, tell her you parked it around the corner.

Also, make sure you check the oil, other fluids, air pressure etc. on her car.  If she can't remember to lock the f'n door, she's eventually gonna let the motor run dry.
Don't do it, you'll be sorry...ah hell, go ahead and do it, it'll be funny.
-me

http://img.izismile.com/img/img3/20100928/1000/funny_gif_collection_22.gif

Offline Dyson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 05:45:56 AM »
If shes parking in the garage dont see what the issue is, just remove any address info from the car if you're worried about it being stolen when shes away. Change the remote code if it gets stolen. But if shes parking on the driveway at home then she dont need a garage opener.

Offline duckman1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 07:08:36 AM »
It's your stuff and your opener, strap a pair on say that's enough.  If they still can't get over it show them the door at the front of the house and tell them they are welcome to use it.

Offline wordupmybrotha

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 07:15:28 AM »
She's right, you don't trust her. And for a good reason.

Offline MZ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 08:01:37 AM »
so, why is she still allowed to use the garage at all?!
simple end of story is to put her car back out on the street.....her car her chances with it getting stolen or broke into....her consequences to replace items and/or car.

you worry more about her car than she does....why?

and she isn't worried about your possessions in the garage.....

so just put her car back on the street and let the future be what it will be.

Offline Spaceghost

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 08:08:21 AM »
Not one single pic request, for better intel? Calguns.org, you disappoint.

Offline Marin(DOWN)Range42

• But first watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 08:29:14 AM »
Not one single pic request, for better intel? Calguns.org, you disappoint.

This or since he went there....(looking for pointy elbows), every time she does this have the Calguns.ORG guys over and do secret handshakes in front of her. In fact have lots of all male parties and she'll change real fast.

Don't treat her like an animal or child. You'll just end up sleeping farther apart. In the alternative, she'll do anything anytime just to learn the CG handshake.

Just place a nice note on the inside garage house door to push the close button as you pass by, same at front door. "Sweetie, DF garage door, Love you so much".

Offline Glockman19

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 08:54:51 AM »
So we live together, and her daughter. I have both my cars in garage, she parks on driveway. With this day and age there are people who can not make a living via a job, so they take from others.

Three years ago I was outside on driveway in the shadows of the streetlight and right across the street 30-40 feet way two males opened my neighbors unlocked car and trunk and were going through it.
I knew they were not her friends and they did not belong in the neighborhood. I called police while I was in the shadows, police are rolling to my area I walked out into the light, the two stopped bc now they see me. They pull their pants and start walking away. Next I called my neighbor and she said no she has no friends in her car. She hits the lock and now this is 30-45 second after alarm goes off.
A-holes walked away. 2 Minutes later 2 cops cars roll up light out in stealth mode.  They drove the neighborhood 20 minutes never found them.

FF to first part of November. I give my GF my opener to garage to park and keep her car safe(er) while I was at SEMA in Vegas. Everything is fine and I keep finding her car unlocked
2-3 times a week. I'm thinking that is all I need some F-er with my garage opener in my domain. I'm a typical guy got my tools, 4 nice bike and other stuff locked up (to be legal)
I removed the opened several days before bc that day she left her car unlocked again. She now goes for opener and I removed it.

She is pissed at me, says I do not TRUST her, on and on....... I have openers in both my cars. I park at movies, park at mall, park everywhere. At anytime I could have forgotten to lock my car.

I guess I am paranoid, I don't want to be a victim.  I do NOT want to shoot someone in my house/ garage. I don't want to leave in the AM and my door is open and bikes are gone, tools are gone, car is open
Radar is gone, safe is open........  Insurance will cover bikes but 500 deductible, and premiums would be horrible
I hear about garage openers being used to get to people stuff from a opener and DMV registration - your address, free stuff.

I told her about my neighbor open car, When I leave I check my garage 2-3 times. Once a month even call neighbors to check if its open.
She is really..... pissed. I do trust her but she I do not think she has any value for my acquisitions, or responsibility of keeping guns 100% secured

So...I just installed a new garage door opener.  It's a Lift Master 8500.  It has a function that automatically closes the garage door after 1, 5, or 10 min. for just such an issue.  My wife too has a difficult time closing the door and locking her car. 

Offline ninety

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 09:22:36 AM »
Shoulda thrashed her car up, thrown the contents of the glove box on the ground, taken the registration and garage door opener and hid them..

pop the trunk and take out whatever was valuable in there

and teach her a lesson

Offline Picturepro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 10:44:44 AM »
Liftmaster 8500 Jackshaft, nice. Seen the display at Costco 6 months ago. The liftmaster belt drive I have now is not broken. Maybe it will break soon :)

Hopefully she will lighten up or the end could be near. Been through to many relationships and its to easy to move on to greener pastures.
I've known her for 10 years. Her husband passed 9 years ago and I never wanted kids. We were just friend until May 2013.
I'm older and matured, kids are not so bad. She has 2 great daughters and I really care for them. One (20 Year old) is in Air force, other is 13.

Thanks for all the comments 

Offline KingChiron

• I miss Calguns like I miss holding a stripper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 11:41:13 AM »
Dude, it's simple. Instead of giving her the old school bulky clicker, give her a keychain version of your garage remote. Programming it should be fairly easy. And it's not like she's gonna leave her keys in her unlocked car.
Problem solved?

Offline Melvino the FAKE

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 11:41:56 AM »
so, why is she still allowed to use the garage at all?!
simple end of story is to put her car back out on the street.....her car her chances with it getting stolen or broke into....her consequences to replace items and/or car.

you worry more about her car than she does....why?

and she isn't worried about your possessions in the garage.....

so just put her car back on the street and let the future be what it will be.

MZ my friend, are you related to Movie Zombie?  She is awesome and loves cats my friend

Offline k1dude

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 11:46:27 AM »
Make her store her purse and jewelry in her trunk or in the garage. She'll stop forgetting real quick.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:32:54 PM by k1dude »

Offline itisagoodname

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 12:27:02 PM »
Regardless if the car is locked or not, never keep it in the car with the car parked outside. That's the absolute easiest way to get robbed.

Offline itisagoodname

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 12:29:12 PM »
Dude, it's simple. Instead of giving her the old school bulky clicker, give her a keychain version of your garage remote. Programming it should be fairly easy. And it's not like she's gonna leave her keys in her unlocked car.
Problem solved?

Be careful with this as well. If it goes in the purse with all the rest of her crap it can easily activate accidentally. I'd stop by my parents after work everyday and there were several occasions nobody was home and the garage was wide open.

Offline big cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 02:52:03 PM »
Let her keep the remote but change the code or disable it it so it won't open the garage.

Fact is that she is not trustworthy. Don't want to fight about it then go around it.

Offline KingChiron

• I miss Calguns like I miss holding a stripper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 06:21:40 PM »
Problem solved?

Be careful with this as well. If it goes in the purse with all the rest of her crap it can easily activate accidentally. I'd stop by my parents after work everyday and there were several occasions nobody was home and the garage was wide open.

... a purse has side pockets. Are smart enough women really that rare?

Offline vliberatore

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2015, 06:28:10 PM »
Regardless if the car is locked or not, never keep it in the car with the car parked outside. That's the absolute easiest way to get robbed.

Do you know that most garages can be broken into in <6 seconds?

Offline Stevec2231

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2015, 08:48:22 PM »
Time to dump her .. Have a wild time finding a new one--- or not... Cheers...

Offline Bangzoom

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 08:58:50 PM »

Do you know that most garages can be broken into in <6 seconds?

I can break into that garage in 4 seconds...no wait...2 seconds

Offline Jdubs71

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2015, 10:29:10 PM »
Kick her out a find a new woman!!!!!