Author Topic: Ford Lost $130,000 on Every EV It Sold in the First Quarter  (Read 211 times)

Offline SandiegoPoopButt619

• View Profile
Ford Lost $130,000 on Every EV It Sold in the First Quarter
« on: April 29, 2024, 01:10:37 AM »
Ford Lost $130,000 on Every EV It Sold in the First Quarter

Ouch!!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60621256/ford-ev-revenue-losses-q1-2024/
Trump 2024 - Make jabbed people cry again!

Offline TrappedinCalifornia

• View Profile
Re: Ford Lost $130,000 on Every EV It Sold in the First Quarter
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 01:27:52 AM »
I take it that they either view it as "go woke, go broke" or they are using consumers as the guinea pigs to work out the kinks.

Either way, it's a demonstration that the production/sales side isn't ready for prime time when it comes to EV's.  That's without noting the sheer lack of infrastructure to support them.  (I can't think of a single, publicly available charging station in this neck of the woods.)

I guess I'd have to assume they just figure it as the cost of transition. . . The Hidden Costs of Transitioning to Electric Vehicles - https://www.government-fleet.com/10210702/the-hidden-costs-of-transitioning-to-electric-vehicles

Offline high_revs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 07:36:28 AM »
get a recharge done as fast as gas and not increasing (or preferred to lower) blackouts, sure, i'd get one.

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 08:42:27 AM »
Ford blames the losses on the price cuts it made to its EVs in response to changing market conditions.

In other words, people quickly figured out our vehicles suck, we are the undisputed leader in recalls, and no one to buy our crap anymore.
My boobs deserve better than this.

Offline FatCity67

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 08:49:40 AM »
So they lost $130k on each Golfcart and that was because they cut the sticker prices?

WTF were they selling them for 180k?

What a frigging bunch of BS.

If you buy into this whole EV wave of the future thing your not just stupid your a frigging cuck.
From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"

Offline TheGood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 09:11:29 AM »
Tesla gets MASSIVE carbon credits for every car sold, is Ford getting the same?  If not, why not?  The only think that keeps Tesla in the black are those carbon credits, and if they went away they would also be losing money on each vehicle sold.

Offline SandiegoPoopButt619

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 12:19:01 PM »
I take it that they either view it as "go woke, go broke" or they are using consumers as the guinea pigs to work out the kinks.

Either way, it's a demonstration that the production/sales side isn't ready for prime time when it comes to EV's.  That's without noting the sheer lack of infrastructure to support them.  (I can't think of a single, publicly available charging station in this neck of the woods.)

I guess I'd have to assume they just figure it as the cost of transition. . . The Hidden Costs of Transitioning to Electric Vehicles - https://www.government-fleet.com/10210702/the-hidden-costs-of-transitioning-to-electric-vehicles

Lack of demand is also a huge issue. Real men don't want stupid e-cars.
Trump 2024 - Make jabbed people cry again!