Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3200464 times)

Offline jacques

• View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #6660 on: October 28, 2008, 09:44:45 PM »
I have heard, almost this same story, many times.  :-[

He must love her...  He's still seeing her, I think he's going to move back in with her soon.  But she is so shady...  She had a new Tahoe, but her credit was so bad, a friend had to co-sign for her.  Of course she didn't have any insurance...  She was seeing this guy who just got out of jail, he flipped out one night while they were out driving.  He grabbed the steering wheel and made her crash into a guard rail.  Totalled out the truck.  And then screwed her friend that co-signed.

Let me also note, the way they crashed is her version of the story.  You know how it goes with those people though.

Sounds a little like my Ex. No accountability and no honor.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: October 28, 2008, 09:45:16 PM »
He brought 2 to show - I ended up getting the lower serial number, not the one in the ad. DOn't know if I did right or not.

Nice Garand Saigon.
You got a good deal there. Wish I could get one but I need to stay focused on getting everything I need for 3-gun.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: October 28, 2008, 09:45:51 PM »
Do you need to me a member?

Was told by the seller that I should not use modern 30-06, something about it being too much for the op rod - That I should stick with m2 ball surplus -

You can get it pretty cheap at the CMP website

I don't remember.  I don't think so for ammo and other stuff, just to buy the guns...

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: October 28, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »

I pay all the bills around here. I am just better with money than hubbly.

I work from home so I don't really know how I got sick, Maybe cause I didnt clean my shopping cart with the free clorox wipes.

Handrails and shopping carts have got to be the worst.
[/quote]

They are the worst, I dont like touching anything out in public, toilets handrails door knobs. Anything. Im a germaphobe. Just call me HOWIE.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: October 28, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »
ARs are a dime a dozen - Especially where you're at -

You should get on the wagon -

You've got me thinking just that.  But every time I get to thinking I might buy one I find something else and the money goes.

Maybe I could trade an AR of the FAL for one?  But then again, I like shooting those...

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: October 28, 2008, 09:47:55 PM »
Thanks - I'll check it out.

Do you need to me a member?

Was told by the seller that I should not use modern 30-06, something about it being too much for the op rod - That I should stick with m2 ball surplus -

You can get it pretty cheap at the CMP website

I don't remember.  I don't think so for ammo and other stuff, just to buy the guns...

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: October 28, 2008, 09:48:26 PM »

Sounds a little like my Ex. No accountability and no honor.

I don't say much about her, it wouldn't do any good.  For the longest time, he was giving her money for child support.  But she went to the state and said she wasn't getting any money.  They gave her a bunch of money, and tried to track him down.  When the state finally got ahold of him, the collected all the 'back' child support.  He didn't have any proof he had been paying her all those years, and she wasn't about to give any money back to anybody...

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: October 28, 2008, 09:48:32 PM »

I work from home so I don't really know how I got sick, Maybe cause I didnt clean my shopping cart with the free clorox wipes.

Get into the habit of keeping your hands away from your face and washing them whenever you get a chance.  I teach junior high, and it's kind've funny the way the faculty and staff are careful about that.  Many even wash their hands before using the toilet / urinal.

They are the worst, I dont like touching anything out in public, toilets handrails door knobs. Anything. Im a germaphobe. Just call me HOWIE.
[/quote]

Get into the habit of keeping your hands away from your face and washing them whenever you get a chance.  I teach junior high, and it's kind've funny the way the faculty and staff are careful about that.  Many even wash their hands before using the toilet / urinal.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 09:50:25 PM by VegasND »
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: October 28, 2008, 09:48:34 PM »
You're still heading out this weekend?

What's up bud - That's a love seat - Half of you wouldn't fit on that thing - LOL

Can I crash on your couch if/when I come down and get drunk Saigon?

Its all good. Thatd be a great party... me, and 2-3 of Steph's primas and/or friends all snuggled up on that love seat.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: October 28, 2008, 09:49:49 PM »
I wash my hands before I touch the PeePee. We don;t wash our hands enough.

[/quote]

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: October 28, 2008, 09:50:24 PM »
 Many even wash their hands before using the toilet / urinal.

I do the same thing, but I just don't want to get buy spray on my Johnson

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: October 28, 2008, 09:51:36 PM »
Saigon, you can even pick up a brand new stock from CMP.  And, there are lots of guys out there that work on Garands, doing rebarrels and what not.

Offline VegasND

• View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: October 28, 2008, 09:51:51 PM »

I do pest control in AZ during the summer.  Some of the chemical can really burn if you don't wash your hands first.

ETA: Tempo
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: October 28, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »

[/quote]
Well Howie, am I going to win a million dollars? Can you get me on the show and tell me which case not to open?

Sometimes I figure if I dont eat anything or put my fingers in my mouth before washing my hands, then it will be OK. But with the airborne, there is no stopping it.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: October 28, 2008, 09:52:53 PM »

I do pest control in AZ during the summer.  Some of the chemical can really burn if you don't wash your hands first.

yep, I get it on my face and bald head a lot, feels like a bad sunburn.  Thankfully I've never had it anywhere delicate!

ETA:  Pyrocide 300

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #6675 on: October 28, 2008, 09:53:11 PM »

[/quote]

I have a helper here for about 5 hours a day with the twins while my son is at school. When she isnt here I do all the diaper duty, hubbly doesnt like poop. He will do pee, but no poop. I wash my hands so much, I carry around germicide in my purse and diaperbag. I hardly ever get sick.  And when I do, I still have to take care of everything. Hubbly on the other hand is a big baby when he is sick.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: October 28, 2008, 09:54:57 PM »
Thanks - I need to really get into reading about this, keep the stuff coming.

Saigon, you can even pick up a brand new stock from CMP.  And, there are lots of guys out there that work on Garands, doing rebarrels and what not.

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: October 28, 2008, 09:55:40 PM »

Well Howie, am I going to win a million dollars? Can you get me on the show and tell me which case not to open?

Sometimes I figure if I dont eat anything or put my fingers in my mouth before washing my hands, then it will be OK. But with the airborne, there is no stopping it.
[/quote]

Always choose case #15. 

Offline VegasND

• View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: October 28, 2008, 09:55:51 PM »

I have a helper here for about 5 hours a day with the twins while my son is at school. When she isnt here I do all the diaper duty, hubbly doesnt like poop. He will do pee, but no poop. I wash my hands so much, I carry around germicide in my purse and diaperbag. I hardly ever get sick.  And when I do, I still have to take care of everything. Hubbly on the other hand is a big baby when he is sick.
[/quote]

Of COURSE he is--he has a wife!
H. L. Mencken

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: October 28, 2008, 09:55:57 PM »
Cool - Ross and you are doing similar stuff -

ETA: Tempo

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: October 28, 2008, 09:57:23 PM »
Marcelo bailed already -

Offline VegasND

• View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: October 28, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »

Yes they are, and it's pretty cool seeing what you can do.  Got a deal on Craigslist for an upper (noname M4gery) for $300.  Was in AZ 2 weeks later and got a lower for $205 OTD.  That's a complete rifle, less magazine, for $505--not counting the gas to pick up the pieces.  I sold it soon though, bottom fishing an AR is kind've cool--but the rifles you get are kind've boring.  I've only got one AR now though, so I don't really want to sell it until I've got at least one more.
H. L. Mencken

Offline 5150Marcelo

• View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: October 28, 2008, 10:01:49 PM »

What's up bud - That's a love seat - Half of you wouldn't fit on that thing - LOL

Its all good. Thatd be a great party... me, and 2-3 of Steph's primas and/or friends all snuggled up on that love seat.

Yea, will you be here monday?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: October 28, 2008, 10:02:07 PM »
So cool - Craigslist for guns. You used to live in CA correct? whereabouts?

Yes they are, and it's pretty cool seeing what you can do.  Got a deal on Craigslist for an upper (noname M4gery) for $300.  Was in AZ 2 weeks later and got a lower for $205 OTD.  That's a complete rifle, less magazine, for $505--not counting the gas to pick up the pieces.  I sold it soon though, bottom fishing an AR is kind've cool--but the rifles you get are kind've boring.  I've only got one AR now though, so I don't really want to sell it until I've got at least one more.

Offline 5150Marcelo

• View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: October 28, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
Marcelo bailed already -

Im here, with a beer, never fear, Im always near.

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: October 28, 2008, 10:02:46 PM »
Well guys, I am headed to bed. 5am feedings come fast. Brandon is going to surf for a while, Maybe he will actually talk a bit. Night guys. Tell Shelly I said hello if she pops on

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: October 28, 2008, 10:03:24 PM »
No bro - I was planning on it, forgot all about my trial starting on Monday - Have to head back up Sunday, sad. I'll be heading down Thurs. morning.

Yea, will you be here monday?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: October 28, 2008, 10:04:05 PM »
Get better so you can take care of the family -

Well guys, I am headed to bed. 5am feedings come fast. Brandon is going to surf for a while, Maybe he will actually talk a bit. Night guys. Tell Shelly I said hello if she pops on

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: October 28, 2008, 10:04:24 PM »

You should be able to buy that stuff on CMP Saigon. And if there is something there and you can't, let me know and I will get it for you. There are a lot of websites that sell garand stuff.

look at this site also:

http://www.garandguy.com/index.html

Offline VegasND

• View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: October 28, 2008, 10:04:45 PM »
So cool - Craigslist for guns. You used to live in CA correct? whereabouts?

I was born in Santa Ana and grew up in Orange County.  High school Edison in Huntington Beach.  College everywhere then Cal State Fullerton.  Left in '79 and I've only been back to visit and work.  Longest I've been in CA since leaving was about 8 months and that was before '85.   I just can't see us moving back the way things are.  Not even to Tuolumne County where my wife's family is.
H. L. Mencken