Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3200439 times)

Offline Angie

• View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #6870 on: October 29, 2008, 12:23:23 AM »
Lame, my first client canceled on me last minute, so now I have a whole two hours to kill!
Think I will go make a red velvet cake.

At least you had notice,make her leave you a big tip next time!  My sister makes red velvet cakes. 
I didn't get notice until she was already twenty minutes late.
And then my third client didn't even call, we had to call her.
Oh well. Not b*tching, just a little exasperated. But hey, it gave me more time to go on CG.org!  :D
Red velvet cakes are awesome. Weird to make, what with the cocoa and the vinegar and all. But delish.

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: October 29, 2008, 12:23:52 AM »
angie whats up with the cup cakes

I have been known to put a whole cupcake in my mouth to piss off my family :D  I scrape off most of the frosting though.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Offline Angie

• View Profile

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: October 29, 2008, 12:25:06 AM »
My sister says her version does not have vinegar or marscapone.  I am posting from her house. 

Ever hear of vinegar pie?  I have never tried it.  She says it sucks. 

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: October 29, 2008, 12:26:19 AM »
Man, you know some of the better wines available come with screw caps. Boones farm comes with a screw on cap. Good stuff..
  How about Thunderbird and Nighttrain(I have never tried them)?

I drink imported Spanish Sangria, can be found for $5 a bottle or $16 a box(box tastes worse).

I have tried Boones, chicks dig it. 
Had a friend drink Cisco at a party once, took pics before, during, and after the swing. Turned it into a neat avatar!
High school chicks dig Boones, it's pretty much KoolAid, but gets you buzzed.

Offline shellyzsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: October 29, 2008, 12:26:27 AM »
Lame, my first client canceled on me last minute, so now I have a whole two hours to kill!
Think I will go make a red velvet cake.

At least you had notice,make her leave you a big tip next time!  My sister makes red velvet cakes. 
I didn't get notice until she was already twenty minutes late.
And then my third client didn't even call, we had to call her.
Oh well. Not b*tching, just a little exasperated. But hey, it gave me more time to go on CG.org!  :D
Red velvet cakes are awesome. Weird to make, what with the cocoa and the vinegar and all. But delish.

ohh god!  I get clients calling me all the time at work asking for an appointment time and get pissed when I show up 10 minutes later.....I mean GEEZ!  Whats the emergency?! 

:P

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: October 29, 2008, 12:26:51 AM »
[
yes i dont take my dogs out for a walk we have a pretty damn big yard and they run around all the damn time but i think ima start walking them more of then , i gotta buy a chest strap for the AKITA but brownie the cocker spaniel is very good and dosnet pull me

You should walk them on the riverbed behind your barn.  When are we gonna ride the horseys?

Offline ColdSteel14

• Hat Dancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: October 29, 2008, 12:27:25 AM »
Well, alright gents and beer/wine woman. Have a good one. I'm off for my precious minutes of sleep!

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: October 29, 2008, 12:28:02 AM »

idk....something about a cork in a wine bottle seems nessicery to me.  I have never had a screw on top, but I don't think I would like it.  I have a hard enough time drinking wine before it starts to go bad cause I only drink it at night when I stay up late and remember its in the fridge.  If it could go on its side....forget it!  I'd have prolly 50 bucks worth of wine in my fridge gone bad.....but the screw it tops doesn't apeal to me.  Just like synthetic corks don't really do it for me either....I don't want to know my bottle of wine was subject to corner cutting.
Have you seen the Vac-U-Vin?
http://www.vacuvinonline.com/wine/
I love them. Lets me drink one glass tonight, and the rest keeps for a while.

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: October 29, 2008, 12:28:47 AM »
[Had a friend drink Cisco at a party once, took pics before, during, and after the swing. Turned it into a neat avatar!
High school chicks dig Boones, it's pretty much KoolAid, but gets you buzzed.

Cisco has a warning on the bottle that it is not a wine cooler!  20% alcohol IIRC

Boones is nice, gotta love a wine at 3 for $5 at times...  My neighbors sister loves it.  She puked out her 2nd story window one time from drinking so much of it.

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: October 29, 2008, 12:29:29 AM »

ohh god!  I get clients calling me all the time at work asking for an appointment time and get pissed when I show up 10 minutes later.....I mean GEEZ!  Whats the emergency?! 
LOL! Can't please clients, ever. D*mned if you do, d*mned if you don't!  :D

Offline shellyzsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: October 29, 2008, 12:29:29 AM »

idk....something about a cork in a wine bottle seems nessicery to me.  I have never had a screw on top, but I don't think I would like it.  I have a hard enough time drinking wine before it starts to go bad cause I only drink it at night when I stay up late and remember its in the fridge.  If it could go on its side....forget it!  I'd have prolly 50 bucks worth of wine in my fridge gone bad.....but the screw it tops doesn't apeal to me.  Just like synthetic corks don't really do it for me either....I don't want to know my bottle of wine was subject to corner cutting.
Have you seen the Vac-U-Vin?
http://www.vacuvinonline.com/wine/
I love them. Lets me drink one glass tonight, and the rest keeps for a while.

NICE!  THATS COOL!   

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: October 29, 2008, 12:29:54 AM »
Well, alright gents and beer/wine woman. Have a good one. I'm off for my precious minutes of sleep!

Goodnight, Randall will be over soon to tuck you in, read you a bedtime story, check under the bed for monsters and traps...

Offline shellyzsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: October 29, 2008, 12:31:26 AM »

LOL! Can't please clients, ever. D*mned if you do, d*mned if you don't!  :D

LOL.....Mine's only funny cause its a county protocol to respond within 10 minutes of a call to 911......I was making light of your situation. 

I actually show up to hospitals for Pt's and give times at least 10-15 minutes away....usually 20 tho.

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: October 29, 2008, 12:31:44 AM »
The old walking to dog to meet women routine.

[If i was single , brownie will work like a charm, hes still a puppy and cute

I have heard of this, can I borrow the Cocker Spaniel? ;D

I also hear you can pick up chicks at the supermarket or a laundromat,lol

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #6885 on: October 29, 2008, 12:31:48 AM »
My sister says her version does not have vinegar or marscapone.  I am posting from her house. 

Ever hear of vinegar pie?  I have never tried it.  She says it sucks. 

The white vinegar mixing with the cocoa powder is what gives it it's reddish hue. Most people add a ton of red food colouring to amp it up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_velvet_cake

The marscapone for the frosting, you blend marscapone and cream cheese and cream and powdered sugar and a couple other things.

Vinegar pie? Never heard of it. Supposed to be a dessert?

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: October 29, 2008, 12:32:59 AM »
Night!

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: October 29, 2008, 12:33:12 AM »
yeah, there are like 4-girls here at work that are all over me. But I don't want anything to do with them because I have to work with them. I was told a long time ago, never fish in the company pool. There is one though, if I ever decided to get serious with anyone, I would go out with her.

This is generally a good rule.  Also, don't pursue women working at places you would like to continue to eat at, trust me on this. 

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: October 29, 2008, 12:34:15 AM »

LOL.....Mine's only funny cause its a county protocol to respond within 10 minutes of a call to 911......I was making light of your situation. 

I actually show up to hospitals for Pt's and give times at least 10-15 minutes away....usually 20 tho.

LOL! Didn't quite know what you did. :)

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: October 29, 2008, 12:34:41 AM »
[

Yes it is a dessert.  Ever have rhubarb pie? An underappreciated favorite.  I have never tried mincemeat pie either.  I am eating custard pie right now. 

Offline shellyzsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: October 29, 2008, 12:35:14 AM »
The old walking to dog to meet women routine.

[If i was single , brownie will work like a charm, hes still a puppy and cute

I have heard of this, can I borrow the Cocker Spaniel? ;D

I also hear you can pick up chicks at the supermarket or a laundromat,lol

we walked buck when he was a few months old at the grand cannyon.....so many people stopped us to pet him that we ignored them towards the end.  If a cute girl came up, I pet the dog while holding Chris's hand to make sure shew KNEW they were mine! 

It really is true!

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: October 29, 2008, 12:37:31 AM »
[
For $525 it is a damn good price. You are never going to see one in that price range ever again. Have you seen them at gun shows? They go for 3X that price. This one is in the 5.8 mil range which means more than likely it has seen some action in the Korean War. It's a semi-auto C&R that shoot's .30-06 which is cheaper than 7.62 right now. For $525 I'm sure it is just a plinker rifle and not match grade. Then again how much to do actually go out shooting? Next time you are down in Colton you can shoot my Garand. Maybe I am just a more impulse buyer than you are. You probably can talk him down another $25 and get it for $500 even. The guy is in Fremont so it's not a far drive from where you live.

I should buy another Garand, my Century one SUCKED.  The "ping" of the ejected en bloc clip is neato.  My grandpa was in Korean war. 

Offline shellyzsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: October 29, 2008, 12:37:40 AM »
yeah, there are like 4-girls here at work that are all over me. But I don't want anything to do with them because I have to work with them. I was told a long time ago, never fish in the company pool. There is one though, if I ever decided to get serious with anyone, I would go out with her.

This is generally a good rule.  Also, don't pursue women working at places you would like to continue to eat at, trust me on this. 

yea.....no fishing off the company dock!  Bad idea!!  I had a guy who ended up not calling me after a great date and hooking up with another girl at our work.....really awkward around the 2 of them after that.

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: October 29, 2008, 12:38:19 AM »
[

Yes it is a dessert.  Ever have rhubarb pie? An underappreciated favorite.  I have never tried mincemeat pie either.  I am eating custard pie right now. 
Yes, had rhubarb, kinda hard to find. Mincemeat squicks me out a little. Looooove custard!!! Jealous, wish I was eating some right now! I love pouring hot fresh custard on my apple pie a la mode.

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: October 29, 2008, 12:39:21 AM »
I wish we had a computer at my work. I miss out on all the daytime fun in TAN!

It can get addicting, I did not get on today and I know am reading the last 15 pages!  I hate when I miss two days or more which is rare. 

Offline shellyzsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: October 29, 2008, 12:39:59 AM »

LOL! Didn't quite know what you did. :)

I was hoping someone would chime in.....I'm an EMT in Paramedic school and broke cause of it.....haven't got a new gun since July and that was an OLL and a gift from my BF....I'm hoping he buys me an upper soon. 

I got a big wish list once I'm out of school and a working medic. 
Want a new gun?!  SURE!  Work 2 days over time.....DONE!  -it might be a problem at some point

Offline shellyzsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: October 29, 2008, 12:40:45 AM »
K gtg night all!

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: October 29, 2008, 12:41:18 AM »
[
Yes, had rhubarb, kinda hard to find. Mincemeat squicks me out a little. Looooove custard!!! Jealous, wish I was eating some right now! I love pouring hot fresh custard on my apple pie a la mode.
[/quote] Pollys did/does have rhubarb(and good burgers and baked beans) 

The crust was excellent, my sis sure can cook!  Ever hear of the cheese on apple pie thing?  Apple pie still reminds me of the American Pie movie, lol. 

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: October 29, 2008, 12:42:29 AM »

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: October 29, 2008, 12:43:59 AM »

The crust was excellent, my sis sure can cook!  Ever hear of the cheese on apple pie thing?  Apple pie still reminds me of the American Pie movie, lol. 

Heard of the cheese thing, never tried it on pie. Have had cold sliced apples and cheese though, mmm! I was watching Pushing Daisies tonight, and they made a pear pie with gruyere on top. Sounded delish, may have to try making one of those.