Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3200240 times)

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #8970 on: November 03, 2008, 06:38:13 PM »
This is not a good sign for things to come Ross - You need to have a sit down -

So, the girlfriend didn't feel well this morning, and we didn't get hardly any sleep last night.  She called her boss to let her know she was running late, probably 20 minutes or so.  Her boss told her it doesn't matter how sick she is, she has to come in.  Even if it is just to sleep on the couch.

She helps a lady who runs a daycare.  They are required to have 2 adult bodies for the number of kids they care for.

Her boss kind of flipped out, calling her immature and telling her that 30 year olds shouldn't be out partying all night.

My girl can't seem to keep a job for very long at all...

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: November 03, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »
You mean to tell me you placed the order and wait to see if you get it? How much cheaper is it compare to the open market? They should have like rack, field, correct grades and more -

Which grade did you get? I need to get myself one of those too -

Hey guys, can I borrow some money.

I just ordered a 1903A3 from CMP...  I hope I get one.

I don't know what grade.  They didn't really say.  I ordered a $500 one, and picked a Remington becuase they had the most of those.  I figure it was a better chance to get one that way...

very limited quantities, they only have a couple thousand...  I saw a 03A3 at the Shootist for $1700.  I've never been dissappointed by a rifle from CMP.  They are very conservative in their grading.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: November 03, 2008, 06:39:51 PM »
I went to Colton with the GF - Was sick the entire weekend - Had a great time meeting and BBQing with all the fellas here - Wish you and Brandon could of been there too -

Hi everyone, How was y'alls weekends? Ours was great, my kids made out like bandits. I can certainly see myself gaining 15lbs now.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8973 on: November 03, 2008, 06:41:19 PM »
The issues are that they hired bottom feeders to be picker/sorter, ect. That's where the problems originate - The drivers are vested and just want to do their jobs till retirement -

My CTR stock was shipped from san diego thursday morning and it is not here yet, I dint ask for a trackign number or which way he shipped it, but if it dosent get here today i will ask that ,

I dont trust any shipping company, USPS, UPS FedEx DHL, if you can always avoid DHL. They delivered me a empty Laptop box.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: November 03, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »
Dinner time - We are having Pho - Yummy -

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #8975 on: November 03, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »
I went to Colton with the GF - Was sick the entire weekend - Had a great time meeting and BBQing with all the fellas here - Wish you and Brandon could of been there too -

Hi everyone, How was y'alls weekends? Ours was great, my kids made out like bandits. I can certainly see myself gaining 15lbs now.

Would have went if we still lived in San Marcos, living in Sac is just a tad to far to drive for a bbq with 3 little ones.

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: November 03, 2008, 06:48:19 PM »

So, the girlfriend didn't feel well this morning, and we didn't get hardly any sleep last night.  She called her boss to let her know she was running late, probably 20 minutes or so.  Her boss told her it doesn't matter how sick she is, she has to come in.  Even if it is just to sleep on the couch.

She helps a lady who runs a daycare.  They are required to have 2 adult bodies for the number of kids they care for.

Her boss kind of flipped out, calling her immature and telling her that 30 year olds shouldn't be out partying all night.

Saigon, He said she still has her job, but that her boss is a bit nutty. takes naps and leaves her with the kids alone and stuff. I worked in childcare for a little while its a hard job. I feel for his gf and having to deal with the nutty boss.

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: November 03, 2008, 06:49:11 PM »
Saigon, My cold was gone by friday, Im sorry I passed it on to you.

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: November 03, 2008, 06:55:13 PM »
Have some K
:) Thank you Sir, may I have another ;)

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: November 03, 2008, 07:03:18 PM »
I've heard the 03A3 is better then the plain 03 due to the front sight -

Well good luck to you -

You mean to tell me you placed the order and wait to see if you get it? How much cheaper is it compare to the open market? They should have like rack, field, correct grades and more -

Which grade did you get? I need to get myself one of those too -

Hey guys, can I borrow some money.

I just ordered a 1903A3 from CMP...  I hope I get one.

I don't know what grade.  They didn't really say.  I ordered a $500 one, and picked a Remington becuase they had the most of those.  I figure it was a better chance to get one that way...

very limited quantities, they only have a couple thousand...  I saw a 03A3 at the Shootist for $1700.  I've never been dissappointed by a rifle from CMP.  They are very conservative in their grading.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: November 03, 2008, 07:04:08 PM »
Ah - I am confused then - Thought Ross' girl is iffy at work -

Saigon, He said she still has her job, but that her boss is a bit nutty. takes naps and leaves her with the kids alone and stuff. I worked in childcare for a little while its a hard job. I feel for his gf and having to deal with the nutty boss.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: November 03, 2008, 07:04:50 PM »
The GF has it too -

Is it raining in Sac?

Saigon, My cold was gone by friday, Im sorry I passed it on to you.

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: November 03, 2008, 07:11:28 PM »
Hey all, been gone all weekend. But it's good to be back. K for everyone! Bout to head out to Taco Surf. Yay beer and food!

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: November 03, 2008, 07:15:54 PM »
You sir havent read all the posts, he replied to me when i asked if she lost her job,  he said no,  She still has it and will support her in any decision she makes reguarding it.

Daycares are the reason I hire private care, my girl is great with my kids. esp since im still bfing.

Its lightly raining here off and on. not too bad.

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: November 03, 2008, 07:17:12 PM »
Hey Angie, how was your weekend? Do anything fun?

Saigon, Its your fault your gf has the cold too, cause I know she didnt get it from me.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8985 on: November 03, 2008, 07:18:25 PM »
True - sometimes I will skip reading some posts where I really am outside of the conversation - I hate to jump in the middle of anything.

You sir havent read all the posts, he replied to me when i asked if she lost her job,  he said no,  She still has it and will support her in any decision she makes reguarding it.

Daycares are the reason I hire private care, my girl is great with my kids. esp since im still bfing.

Its lightly raining here off and on. not too bad.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: November 03, 2008, 07:19:03 PM »
Missed you guys at the BBQ - I was in Colton/LA for the weekend -

ETA - Marcelo, Coldsteel and MC might be there already -

Hey all, been gone all weekend. But it's good to be back. K for everyone! Bout to head out to Taco Surf. Yay beer and food!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 07:23:16 PM by saigon1965 »

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: November 03, 2008, 07:26:43 PM »
Evening all; just wanted to drop by and see what's up.

Oh, and a +k for y'all...
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: November 03, 2008, 07:26:57 PM »

My girl gets fired/laid off/quits jobs all the time.  She hasn't worked at a place for more than 6 months in forever.  This last job was pretty stable, but she was always talking about how she didn't really like it.  She's never had to suck it up and really support herself.  She still lives at home, only bills are truck, cell phone, and food/lunch/coffee.  She has creditors calling often, her work history is so sporadic, she has a had time paying just those bills.

so, Saigon, Tatted, you're both right.

I was talking to a few people who work in similar fields.  I told you guys I have a loan on the books to purchase a house...  Well, I've been looking into owning/operating a group home.  The state is paying about $7500 a month for these kids.  I know two people who have worked/managed group homes.  Think 4-6 weird/crazy/retarded kids.  They beat the crap out of the houses, but as long as I don't have to deal with the kids, I'd be okay.  I wish the the girl who is working at a group home now was a bit more financially stable, it might make for a better business partnership.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: November 03, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »

Do you have a driver??

I got a DUI like 2 and half years ago...  I won't even mess around with that only one beer and then drive...  I actually find it easier to just volunteer to be DD, then I don't have to worry about overdoing it and dealing with a hangover.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: November 03, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »
Well, back to work on the blanket box...

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: November 03, 2008, 07:33:37 PM »
Hi all. What's up.

So I am looking at the Benelli Accesories Randal suggested. Interesting.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: November 03, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »
How was your long weekend? Did the rain make it there?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: November 03, 2008, 07:39:36 PM »
Those rest homes are money maker too -

I was talking to a few people who work in similar fields.  I told you guys I have a loan on the books to purchase a house...  Well, I've been looking into owning/operating a group home.  The state is paying about $7500 a month for these kids.  I know two people who have worked/managed group homes.  Think 4-6 weird/crazy/retarded kids.  They beat the crap out of the houses, but as long as I don't have to deal with the kids, I'd be okay.  I wish the the girl who is working at a group home now was a bit more financially stable, it might make for a better business partnership.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: November 03, 2008, 07:40:07 PM »
Had one when I was 20 -

Do you have a driver??

I got a DUI like 2 and half years ago...  I won't even mess around with that only one beer and then drive...  I actually find it easier to just volunteer to be DD, then I don't have to worry about overdoing it and dealing with a hangover.

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: November 03, 2008, 07:40:36 PM »

My girl gets fired/laid off/quits jobs all the time.  She hasn't worked at a place for more than 6 months in forever.  This last job was pretty stable, but she was always talking about how she didn't really like it.  She's never had to suck it up and really support herself.  She still lives at home, only bills are truck, cell phone, and food/lunch/coffee.  She has creditors calling often, her work history is so sporadic, she has a had time paying just those bills.

Ross Childcare is a tough job, people think its cake but it really isn't. You really have to deal with the personal issues of other familys, and you get involved with them. Dealing with thier family dynamics is not easy. So her getting laid off/fired/quitting may not be her fault. It is very hard and you get attatched very quickly. It's not always stable, but it can be really good money. Working in a daycare is harder. Cause now you have either 6 or 12 familys to deal with. Continue to support her. She may love her job and this is probably tough for her. She probably needs all the support she can get right now.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: November 03, 2008, 07:40:48 PM »
Missed that - What are you looking at?

I picked up a Finn M39 today - I'll get some pics up soon -

Hi all. What's up.

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: November 03, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »
How was your long weekend? Did the rain make it there?

No rain, but some wind.  It was actually nice for the first weekend in November.  We had a pretty good weekend; got a lot of stuff done and kept the whole weekend low key and relaxing.  I hope your weekend was stress-free and relaxing as well.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: November 03, 2008, 07:41:52 PM »
Those rest homes are money maker too -

They are money makers, but just imagine the licensing and all the codes and stuff you have to go thru. I dont think I could ever do that.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: November 03, 2008, 07:45:56 PM »
Missed that - What are you looking at?

I picked up a Finn M39 today - I'll get some pics up soon -

Hi all. What's up.

Nice. ;D Pretty soon you will have a cache.

Uncle Pauls has a 10/22 for $199 I am going to buy. I don't mind paying a little extra because he does all my transfers and stuff. Plus I want him to stay in business.  I am goin to put these on it, http://www.tech-sights.com/ and use it for the next Appleseed. After that, I will convert it to Ojis kit.