Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3200655 times)

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #9030 on: November 03, 2008, 08:33:28 PM »
Guys is selling alot of PARTS KIT

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=1661344#post1661344

Good eye.  I'd be all over that Romy G kit... in two weeks.

Do you think you can build a semi STEn kit ?"
*DISCLAIMER* I probably misspelled alot of things, and i dont care..

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: November 03, 2008, 08:35:49 PM »

Haven't seen a sten build yet, I was wondering where you'd get a receiver, semi FCG and all the other parts...

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: November 03, 2008, 08:39:37 PM »

Haven't seen a sten build yet, I was wondering where you'd get a receiver, semi FCG and all the other parts...

From what ive heard its just a metal tube lol , let me search around

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: November 03, 2008, 08:39:45 PM »
I saw an article last year about building a legal semi Sten.  Shotgun News?  I don't save the issues I buy, so I can't look.  But, if I remember right he built a receiver and bolt undersize so the full-auto bolt wouldn't fit and altered the FGC to semi only and had it fire from a closed bolt.  All other parts were stock Sten.  

Disclaimer:  My memory is fallible and I could have easily be mistaked in the above.  However, what I do remember is that it didn't seem overly difficult if you have access to a lathe (a mill would be helpful, but not necessary)
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: November 03, 2008, 08:49:38 PM »

Those are good prices. Especially for a romanian that isn't all rusted out.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: November 03, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »

From what ive heard its just a metal tube lol , let me search around

they were designed to be cheap and easy to produce.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: November 03, 2008, 08:51:25 PM »

Those are good prices. Especially for a romanian that isn't all rusted out.

I found two kits on akfiles this weekend.  I bought both, $480 after shipping and insurance.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: November 03, 2008, 08:56:04 PM »
Are the FALS hard to build?

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: November 03, 2008, 08:56:32 PM »

Supposedly just a bit over $10 each when production was in full swing.  In 1941 gas was 19 cents per gallon.  So, a Sten gun was about the same cost  as 50 gallons of gas.  Unleaded her today is about $2.50 so, yes I'd buy a new Sten 9mm carbine for $125!

Too bad oppressive law makes that impossible.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: November 03, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »
Are the FALS hard to build?

Speak to TECH about that, he is buildtin one right now

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: November 03, 2008, 09:05:45 PM »

Supposedly just a bit over $10 each when production was in full swing.  In 1941 gas was 19 cents per gallon.  So, a Sten gun was about the same cost  as 50 gallons of gas.  Unleaded her today is about $2.50 so, yes I'd buy a new Sten 9mm carbine for $125!

wow that is cheap, nowadays do you think companies give US discounts when buying full autos m16s for the military ?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: November 03, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »
Only if things are that simple - We'd be in heaven -

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: November 03, 2008, 09:06:40 PM »
No - They stick it to the military in terms of parts ect. -

wow that is cheap, nowadays do you think companies give US discounts when buying full autos m16s for the military ?

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: November 03, 2008, 09:10:01 PM »
Those sten kits are way over priced. There's another member selling them for have that price.
:) Thank you Sir, may I have another ;)

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9045 on: November 03, 2008, 09:12:21 PM »
No - They stick it to the military in terms of parts ect. -

That is another thing i was thining about , maybe a "buddy" owns the company and the US buys full price on purpose to give alot of money to the friend that owns the company

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: November 03, 2008, 09:12:44 PM »
you guys remember the story about the girl who got lost while she was drinking???  We picked up her friend, but couldn't find her??

Talked to her today, said she fell down, some guy found her and helped her.  She slept on his couch, nothing happened.  I call BS, but she isn't gonna admit to anything.  Well, anyways, she's into black guys...  Mentioned she was going to vote for Obama just because he is black.

Wowzers.

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: November 03, 2008, 09:15:01 PM »
you guys remember the story about the girl who got lost while she was drinking???  We picked up her friend, but couldn't find her??

Talked to her today, said she fell down, some guy found her and helped her.  She slept on his couch, nothing happened.  I call BS, but she isn't gonna admit to anything.  Well, anyways, she's into black guys...  Mentioned she was going to vote for Obama just because he is black.

Wowzers.

wow......

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: November 03, 2008, 09:17:35 PM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 09:19:15 PM by Frijolito1988 »

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: November 03, 2008, 09:17:58 PM »
To each their own -

Wowzers.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: November 03, 2008, 09:19:04 PM »
That is another thing i was thining about , maybe a "buddy" owns the company and the US buys full price on purpose to give alot of money to the friend that owns the company

Happens all the time little buddy.  Rich people don't get rich on accident.

At Chuck's, we got an email one day.  We had to order all of our light bulbs from one vendor.  Every Chuck E Cheese's all over the nation, ordered every light bulb from one place.  They gave us a little deal, and agreed to stock all of the weird little bulbs we needed.  To give you an idea, in my average sized store, I was spending $400 a month on light bulbs.

The guy who sent down the email, was on the board of directors, well invested, part owner of the corporation, probably owned 25% of the stocks.  So, standardizing ordering, standardizing bulb types, locking in pricing, getting us a small discount were all great things for the company.  Part of the deal he struck though, was that he got a nickel for every bulb we bought from this company.

Thats how you get rich.  Got to make money in ways that don't eat up your time.  Sure you can work all day, but even if you make $50 an hour, you'll never get rich.

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: November 03, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »

At Chuck's, we got an email one day.  We had to order all of our light bulbs from one vendor.  Every Chuck E Cheese's all over the nation, ordered every light bulb from one place.  They gave us a little deal, and agreed to stock all of the weird little bulbs we needed.  To give you an idea, in my average sized store, I was spending $400 a month on light bulbs.

The guy who sent down the email, was on the board of directors, well invested, part owner of the corporation, probably owned 25% of the stocks.  So, standardizing ordering, standardizing bulb types, locking in pricing, getting us a small discount were all great things for the company.  Part of the deal he struck though, was that he got a nickel for every bulb we bought from this company.

Thats how you get rich.  Got to make money in ways that don't eat up your time.  Sure you can work all day, but even if you make $50 an hour, you'll never get rich.

In famouse CS words...SNAKES!

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: November 03, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »

Wowzers.

wow......

Wow, is right, that girl needs to do her homework. Hope someone can talk her out of it by tomorrow, unless she voted already.

Brandon here, Michelle is putting the kids who dont wan to sleep to bed. At least she is trying to.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: November 03, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »

nothing wrong or illegal about it.  What if you could save your company and your driver's $10 on every tire they bought.  And, the tire company was so happy to get your business, they were willing to give you a rebate check every month for $5 for each tire...

You'd do it wouldn't you?

oh, BTW, when you get that deal going, I want $1 out of your $5.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: November 03, 2008, 09:24:22 PM »

Wowzers.

wow......

Wow, is right, that girl needs to do her homework. Hope someone can talk her out of it by tomorrow, unless she voted already.

Brandon here, Michelle is putting the kids who dont wan to sleep to bed. At least she is trying to.

you can't get through to some people.

Offline Tattedgirly

• View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: November 03, 2008, 09:25:49 PM »

Wowzers.

wow......

Is she one of those hard headed people who thinks she is right about everything?

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: November 03, 2008, 09:26:07 PM »
Hey Lil Bean look at this website, it will give you a ton of ideas.

http://stenparts.com/index.html
:) Thank you Sir, may I have another ;)

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: November 03, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »

nothing wrong or illegal about it.  What if you could save your company and your driver's $10 on every tire they bought.  And, the tire company was so happy to get your business, they were willing to give you a rebate check every month for $5 for each tire...

You'd do it wouldn't you?

oh, BTW, when you get that deal going, I want $1 out of your $5.

Well that is very true , but i feel that maybe they hugely over do it and turn the tables on a companies favor big time

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: November 03, 2008, 09:27:11 PM »
Hey Lil Bean look at this website, it will give you a ton of ideas.

http://stenparts.com/index.html

Thanks for the link , im checking it out

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: November 03, 2008, 09:28:21 PM »

Wowzers.

wow......

Is she one of those hard headed people who thinks she is right about everything?

I don't usually hear most of what she says, I just look at her boobs