Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3200433 times)

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #10260 on: November 06, 2008, 08:00:25 PM »
man all the magazine rebuild kits are drying up now that Obama won
Go to 44mag.com they ship here and charge $1 ??? to disassemble.

Thats were I finally ordered from
they were sold out on probably 90% of there ar mags and I think it was 2.50 for the dissasemble

Man, I didn't they could ever run out. This panic stuff is just ridiculous. Worse than the stock market.

I'm always behind the curve.

Me too, I just truly hope that all this dies down soon and prices go back to normal
*DISCLAIMER* I probably misspelled alot of things, and i dont care..

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: November 06, 2008, 08:02:04 PM »
Zero shame - Parts kits are very pricey - Seen them for 1500 and up -

http://www.prexis.com/sten/homebuilder/index.php?topic=1689.msg23656#msg23656

I found this...  Isn't this about what I'm looking for??

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: November 06, 2008, 08:08:09 PM »

that is an mp5 kit replica? its a good price, how hard do you think it is to build ? from a flat ?

Offline ColdSteel14

• Hat Dancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: November 06, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »
Man - I can't stand that stupid Subway 5 dollar foot long commercial - What the hell is that -
15 Dorra!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwIEUflY6YI

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: November 06, 2008, 08:25:04 PM »
that guy stealing the camara is soo saigon lol jk

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: November 06, 2008, 08:29:02 PM »
That Tankerman on .net, always stirring up trouble. It is funny.

Yeah that Obama web site had this.

Address Gun Violence in Cities:  As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: November 06, 2008, 08:30:04 PM »

that is an mp5 kit replica? its a good price, how hard do you think it is to build ? from a flat ?

Brief description of work required:
You will need to bend the flat (it is only .040" like an AK and there will be a free "Loaner" fixture available here on the guild)
The inner receiver sleeve comes with critical cuts 100% complete and will need the mag opening, ejection port, and FCG opening, fitted to final sizes.

There are two slots on the rear of the inner sleeve. They can be cut "short" for pistol builds (requiring minor modification to the end cap to fit.. takes about 5 minutes with a dremel) or cut long for using a regular CETME/G3 rear assembly (with slight modification) for a SBR build. (this prevents the installation of a stock without deliberate modification) The bent flat will require these same slots to be cut to match the style the builder decides to build.

The mag well fastens to the bottom of the inner sleeve via (2) 8-32 harden socket cap screws (only seen if you look directly at the bottom of the mag well) The bent flat (after the inner receiver sleeve and mag well is put inside) is then welded at the rear (like the CETME/G3) and at the front. The front has two small flaps that hang down at the bottom of the curve. These can be welded together or bent to over lap and then welded. These just need to clear the rear of the hand guard.

You will also need to drill/tap (4) 8-32 holes (2 on each side of the mag well) and install the furnished button head screws. This will draw the center section of the bent flat in tight against the inner receiver sleeve. (the mag well is made this way so that it can be changed out along with the barrel to change calibers. Kits for the caliber change will be available after the first of the year)

At this point you can install the barrel (uses the standard AR barrel nut furnished with kit), install the cocking tube, and fit the front site into place. Once you are happy with the positioning, the cocking tube can be carefully welded to the flat. (do not weld the cocking tube to the front site if you plan on using a caliber conversion in the future) Weld the front site (under the hand guard) to the barrel. (you can also pin the front site if you chose).

The cocking tube is made so that after it is installed, a spring is inserted through the opening in the front site followed by the cocking piston. Push the piston in just far enough to be able to insert the cocking handle. Once the cocking handle is installed, install the cap on the front of the site. Installation of this cap will prevent the cocking piston from going far enough forward to allow the handle from coming out. Make sure that the piston moves freely in the cocking tube.

Now fit the end cap (Deluxe kit comes with the fiber end cap) to the receiver. If doing a pistol build you will need to "trim" the inner ears on the end cap until it slides all of the way on.

Now fit the FCG/Lower to the receiver. You will have to trim the bottom of the receiver for the hammer to swing through. When you are happy with the fit/position, mark the rear of the mag well and the rear of the receiver for drilling the mount pin holes.

On the US Made lower, the rear of the lower fits inside of the stamping between the stamping and the inner sleeve. With a CETME/G3 lower (which will need shortening) they will fit on the outside of the stamping just like the CETME.

Drill mounting pin holes and check fit of lower and end cap.

Now you are ready to install the bolt/carrier. This is a drop in though you might have to do a little fitting if you didn't get the flat bent round. (non issue if you are using the weaponsguild loaner fixture)

Install the spring assembly, slide the end cap in to place, pin the rear of the lower and end cap.

The rear site installs by welding the base to the top of the receiver and then completing the assembly of the drum site.

You are now ready to start testing function

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: November 06, 2008, 08:30:33 PM »
I wonder why my thread was deleted over at .net , the one about down syndrome

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: November 06, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »

Address Gun Violence in Cities:  As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

BECAUSE ITS OUR RIGHT YOU DUMB $%#

god cannot stand that statement

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: November 06, 2008, 08:39:08 PM »
Guys i orderd a grey sling for my east german AK, but when i got it all i got was the actual sling LOL, no brakets or anything to hook it up to my AK just teh cloth, do they sell that stuff seperatly or should i just try again and try and find a complete one

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: November 06, 2008, 08:43:11 PM »
I have just learned something about buying things on the .net...

If you want to buy something for someone,

1. Say so in the thread
2. Send the seller a PM
3. Send them E-mail saying you sent them a PM

I used to do only 1 & 2 because I thought that was good enough. I may have lost the ammo I wanted to buy because I didn't do all three. :(
:) Thank you Sir, may I have another ;)

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: November 06, 2008, 08:44:48 PM »
Guys i orderd a grey sling for my east german AK, but when i got it all i got was the actual sling LOL, no brakets or anything to hook it up to my AK just teh cloth, do they sell that stuff seperatly or should i just try again and try and find a complete one

Call them and tell them to send you the rest of the sling. That is not right.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: November 06, 2008, 08:48:54 PM »

Send us a link to where you got it.  My AK slings don't come with a whole lot...

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: November 06, 2008, 08:50:59 PM »
It was just a random guy who pm'd me from AKfiles, I was inquiring and he send me an email to my personal email adress. I dont care it was 8 bucks shipped,

also maybe you guys can help, Im looking for a authentic sling for my CETME have you guys seen them around ?

also I wanna get a sling for my AR, im thinking about a 1 point sling, pros and cons ?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: November 06, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »
Why? We give you all the knowledge one needs -

Shower time -

Hold the fort together Bean -

as usual , I should get paid for this

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #10275 on: November 06, 2008, 08:55:22 PM »

1. Say so in the thread
2. Send the seller a PM

I used to do only 1 & 2 because I thought that was good enough. I may have lost the ammo I wanted to buy because I didn't do all three. :(

I missed a $100 sten kit last night because of that.

Also, I have to remember that just because My email checks itself every 30 seconds doesn't mean that people even check their email once a day...

and, BTW...

One of my exGF's BEST friends and I got along really well.  We hung out a couple of times after the breakup, she was even my roommate for a few months between semesters at school.  So, we were texting each other jokes and crap yesterday for a couple of hours.

And today My ex responded to an email I sent her like three weeks ago, just asking about what a witches eye was.  It was a lot of email, too.  She gave me all the updates, the race she is in next weekend, asking about how everything was going and all that other junk.  I just had to laugh.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: November 06, 2008, 08:59:31 PM »
Said it before - 15 is too much when average monthly earns 50 bucks - Back then, 5 dora is more like it -

Man - I can't stand that stupid Subway 5 dollar foot long commercial - What the hell is that -
15 Dorra!

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: November 06, 2008, 09:00:03 PM »
Better not bring any cameras around me -

that guy stealing the camara is soo saigon lol jk

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: November 06, 2008, 09:00:29 PM »
Trolling is cool - Just don't fall for it -

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: November 06, 2008, 09:00:48 PM »
Got out of hand -

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: November 06, 2008, 09:01:36 PM »
That's BS - Seller probably have another deal like always -

1. Say so in the thread
2. Send the seller a PM

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: November 06, 2008, 09:02:32 PM »
1 point sling kind of sucks other than to carry the rifle - Go for a 3 point -

It was just a random guy who pm'd me from AKfiles, I was inquiring and he send me an email to my personal email adress. I dont care it was 8 bucks shipped,

also maybe you guys can help, Im looking for a authentic sling for my CETME have you guys seen them around ?

also I wanna get a sling for my AR, im thinking about a 1 point sling, pros and cons ?

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: November 06, 2008, 09:03:15 PM »

1. Say so in the thread
2. Send the seller a PM

you mean like that Socom I was working on??

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: November 06, 2008, 09:04:41 PM »
Yep - You have to have patience then half (Im stupid) don't expect it to happen - All of the sudden - BAM - It's at your door steps -

1. Say so in the thread
2. Send the seller a PM

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: November 06, 2008, 09:05:18 PM »

I don't even know what sling I want.  I get the standard issue ones for my AR's.  I can fish my arm around and through to shoot offhand nicely.  I want one that lays across my chest, muzzle down, that I can bring up and ready to shoot quickly.

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: November 06, 2008, 09:05:27 PM »

Yes ive been thinking about those also

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: November 06, 2008, 09:06:49 PM »
Cow Palace gun show is this weekend - I will try to go on Sat. - Lets see if Steph wants to go with me - I have a friend selling militaria stuff that I always hang out with - Want to see the frenzied that will be going on -

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: November 06, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »
3-point will do that wonderfully - Lets ask Randall what he uses for 3-gun -

I don't even know what sling I want.  I get the standard issue ones for my AR's.  I can fish my arm around and through to shoot offhand nicely.  I want one that lays across my chest, muzzle down, that I can bring up and ready to shoot quickly.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: November 06, 2008, 09:07:56 PM »
Yep - You have to have patience then half (Im stupid) don't expect it to happen - All of the sudden - BAM - It's at your door steps -

1. Say so in the thread
2. Send the seller a PM

I'm trying to find Sten mkIII kits, I probably emailed/messaged/posted about 20 adds in the last two days.  I've only had one reply, and that was that it was already sold.

The guy who sold me my AK parts kits this week also has two sten kits and like 20 magazines.  He's out of state and may not know about shipping rebuild kits.  But, he hasn't answered me back yet.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: November 06, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »
Got out of hand -

Missed that one. What was it about?