Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3200240 times)

Offline Angie

• View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #12300 on: November 15, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »
Actually a client of another stylist is on CG and recognized my pic in the designer ebr thread, if you can believe it! Small world ;)

Is she single and cute?
He is quite taken I believe...  :D

Offline AR15barrels

• AR-15 Guru
    • View Profile
    • ar15barrels.com
« Reply #12301 on: November 15, 2008, 10:44:43 PM »
Sorry Randall - Next time I won't post them, unless you guys request otherwise -

Keep posting them.
I was seconds away from posting "I'll take it" on #2.
Thankfully, the 45acp guy did instead.
I was hitting refresh every couple minutes, HOPING someone would take it from me.
I don't need another 45, but those are cheap enough to re-sell at a profit.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:48:06 PM by AR15barrels »
I didn't really enjoy taking showers with other men though I have done it
I move a lot...and drool....

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: November 15, 2008, 10:45:15 PM »
I'm glad I have a day off tomorrow.

Join us for the TAN get together in oceanside at 1pm tomorrow...

Oooh I may have to consider that....I am going to Ivan's bbq/shoot after thanksgiving, dunno if I have enough ammo/cash to make both....

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: November 15, 2008, 10:45:54 PM »
Man - You can't just drop a bomb like that on us -

Hope they find and fix it - How is she doing now?

My dad had a stroke earlier this year and had the angioplasty procedure done - He's doing much better, eating better, excersize more than ever now -

Oh sh*t! How's she doing?? Are you dealing ok?

She's doing okay right now.  They drugged her so she's sleeping and the tests didn't show anything new.  I'll call the neurologist Monday and go from there.  Thanks for the concern.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: November 15, 2008, 10:46:05 PM »
Well, Good afternoon, All! I have been up about an hour now...last night was a loooong night.
Right at10:30, we got a call from my Mother In Law, who lives in upper Sylmar, that there was a big fire starting near her. She had gone outside to see the burning hills and talk with neighbors. Somehow she tripped and hit her head on a curb, we now know she broke a bone in her face over her eye.
So she was very groggy and home alone, she asked us to come help. She had a concussion bad, needed a ride to the hospital, but also need to get valuables etc out o the house because the fires were close. Wife and I jumped in the car around 10:30 or so and raced up to Sylmar. Freeway off ramps were closed, but being locals we knew where to get off a few off ramps away and back track throught the side streets. Streets were crazy busy with people evacuating, we were about the only ones driving towards the fire for sure. Got to the MIlLs house, MIL looked bad and was hurt bad for sure. She wanted the valuables out of the house, she was trying to make a pile...good new her son who lives there showed up a couple minutes later. My wife took her mom to the hospital, BIL and I started packing up some items and wetting down the roof and yard while we still had water pressure. Winds were howling, smoke so thick you could not see 50', ash and chunks of dirt and burnt wood flying in the air. There were other neighbors out doing the same thing, loading cars and wetting roofs. Many homes were dark andsilent as the owners had left already. We kept up a constant patrol every few minutes all night, watching the street and local houses for embers / spot fires. Lots of sirens, roof-top height helicopters, loud speakers broadcasting for all to evacuate, of course, we stayed. There was a huge explosion we saw and heard around midnight a couple blocks away, must have been a power transformer because then there was a huge flash of electric light, and the streets around us went dark.
Fire got as close as two blocks, but we were all OK on our street there. I had some breathing filters and safety glasses (FAIL: use motorcycle goggles!) that we used when outside, we were covered in black ash and soot...in eyes, ears, hair, clothes, everywhere.
MIL is at hospital for surgery today, I drove back home to here at 6:00AM and got a few hours of sleep. We a were very lucky, some were not, it sure was a tough long night.

And the Yorba Linda fire is right near my day job, so still excitement ahead.

ASR is definitly going to be closed this weeked, the Osborne offramp and Foothill Blvd are closed now.

I'm whipped, tired, coughing up dirt and soot.

Fortunately, no zombies! 
:(
Glad you guys got out ok (except mil), hope her surgery goes well.
Yeah. That was too close. Hope your mother in law fairs well.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: November 15, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »
Exactly - Those are easily 150 under market - Will keep posting -

Sorry Randall - Next time I won't post them, unless you guys request otherwise -

Keep posting them.
I was seconds away from posting "I'll take it" on #2.
Thankfully, the 45acp guy did instead.
I was hitting refresh every couple minutes, HOPING someone would take it from me.
I don't need another 45, but those are cheap enough to re-sell at a profit.

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12306 on: November 15, 2008, 10:51:48 PM »
I'm tired people and going to say 'bye'

Doubt you revelers will have time to log on tomorrow.  Wish I was closer so I could get together with you--have a lot of fun getting together.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: November 15, 2008, 10:55:51 PM »
Just go to be social is cool -

Oooh I may have to consider that....I am going to Ivan's bbq/shoot after thanksgiving, dunno if I have enough ammo/cash to make both....

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: November 15, 2008, 10:56:14 PM »
Good night -

I'm tired people and going to say 'bye'

Doubt you revelers will have time to log on tomorrow.  Wish I was closer so I could get together with you--have a lot of fun getting together.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: November 15, 2008, 10:58:32 PM »
Jacques - You need this -

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=599112&page=1?
I hear that is actually a better receiver than ORF's. It is actually "In-Spec" and the parts all fit without having to file, grind everything. But I need to stop buying for a little while. At least wait until I have all the stuff that is coming.

I hope the AR pistol purchase goes OK. I sent the guy a Postal MO. For all I know it is some scam. It was on gunbroker and he had a lot of good ratings though. Just feels weird sending someone that much money out of trust.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 11:01:11 PM by jacques »

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: November 15, 2008, 10:59:25 PM »
Just go to be social is cool -

I know, I know.   :D I just have the nagging feeling that I'm supposed to be doing something tomorrow, I just can't remember what...

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: November 15, 2008, 11:00:18 PM »
So the puppies are sleeping inside tonight, due to the ashes. They are so excited, they don't quite know what to do!

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: November 15, 2008, 11:02:16 PM »
So the puppies are sleeping inside tonight, due to the ashes. They are so excited, they don't quite know what to do!
That is when they make mischief. ;D

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12313 on: November 15, 2008, 11:02:47 PM »
How's the pricing on those? What about milling the rec. to accept large mags -

I hear that is actually a better receiver than ORF's. It is actually "In-Spec" and the parts all fit without having to file, grind everything. But I need to stop buying for a little while. At least wait until I have all the stuff that is coming.

I hope the AR pistol purchase goes OK. I sent the guy a Postal MO. For all I know it is some scam. It was on gunbroker and he had a lot of good ratings though. Just feels weird sending someone that much money out of trust.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: November 15, 2008, 11:03:20 PM »
Yep - Your house will be trashed tomorrow -

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #12315 on: November 15, 2008, 11:03:34 PM »
Or dooty.
:) Thank you Sir, may I have another ;)

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: November 15, 2008, 11:04:54 PM »
I know, but I like my couch the way it is!!
Put aluminum foil all over the couches and chairs, seems to keep them off, at least for now.
Have put the clear rug runner stuff on the outside furniture, spike side up. That really works!!

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: November 15, 2008, 11:05:29 PM »

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: November 15, 2008, 11:06:31 PM »
They are good babies or else I would have them sleep in the garage.

I think they know something is weird, they have been on best behavior all day.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: November 15, 2008, 11:11:42 PM »
Post a pic of them -

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: November 15, 2008, 11:15:57 PM »
Post a pic of them -

From l to right: Maggie (The old lady), Sally (the male dog, gay though he may be, and the ruler of All), and Marley (the sweetheart of all sweethearts, but a lumberjack at heart)  :D

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: November 15, 2008, 11:19:29 PM »
I am falling for Marley - Look at those mugs - Yep, your place will be trashed tonight -

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: November 15, 2008, 11:20:38 PM »

On the AK forum, they talked about the D-Technic (made in Czech), ORF and Ohio Ordinance receivers. This one sounds just like the D-Technic. Milling it for hi-caps.........just another pain in the butt.

Czechpoint Inc says they are going to have more D-Technics in at end of December.

$399??? well, it is hard to justify. Just buy an already built rifle.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: November 15, 2008, 11:22:26 PM »
That's exactly where all these AK builds are going - Cheaper just to buy prebuilt -

On the AK forum, they talked about the D-Technic (made in Czech), ORF and Ohio Ordinance receivers. This one sounds just like the D-Technic. Milling it for hi-caps.........just another pain in the butt.

Czechpoint Inc says they are going to have more D-Technics in at end of December.

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: November 15, 2008, 11:23:01 PM »
I am falling for Marley - Look at those mugs - Yep, your place will be trashed tonight -
She does the "lab lean", where she doesn't realise that she's 100 lbs, and *has* to be touching you at every single moment....
If it does get trashed, the cuteness where they deny it was them will be worth it...
you know, where they all look at you and think "what? what happened? I didn't see anything! Wasn't me! I'm too cute!!" LOL!
:"

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: November 15, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »
That's exactly where all these AK builds are going - Cheaper just to buy prebuilt -

Yes, they have been that way since the barrel ban. I wish I had been into this building like 10 years ago. It would have been cheap. Now the kits are just outragous.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: November 15, 2008, 11:25:38 PM »
Smoke break -

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: November 15, 2008, 11:33:29 PM »
good nite all