Author Topic: Remington 1100 done in Texas tactical  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Apples

• View Profile
Remington 1100 done in Texas tactical
« on: November 27, 2015, 11:03:01 AM »

I found a nice, little-used Remington 1100 made in the early 1980s wearing a 22" smoothbore, rifle-sights slug barrel. A short time later I stumbled upon a you tube vid posted by a Texas 3-gun champ who used a wood-furniture 1100 against competition shouldering black, tactical shotguns. His only modifications were simple ones, supporting what is fundamentally a great semiauto design. I liked what I saw and decided to use most of his mods, except the side saddle, on mine. I'd rather try double-loading from a belt clip...

The changes I made are a combat bolt handle, a Dave's Metal Works "Easy Loader" (which requires a wee bit O' smithin' to install properly) and a Remington 2-shot magazine extension. I like to call it "Texas tactical". Yeehaw...

"Or get a 900gr at 2800. Great possibilities for fun shooting." - Ed Hubel, December 2014

Offline Ubermcoupe

• View Profile
Re: Remington 1100 done in Texas tactical
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 11:08:43 AM »
^^^ Looks great. I've got an 1100 that is sitting collecting dust (probably needs O-rings) and this might be an idea.

That being said there's nothing, wrong with "black tactical" shotguns ;)
The information contained in this document is CONFIDENTIAL and LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, copying, disclosure, retention or distribution is unlawful and illegal.

Offline Apples

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
Of course not. I hope some time in the next 24 months to have to work some brutal overtime... then that Benelli M4 can come home. *swo0n*

Meanwhile, I get a kick out of the Texas way of doing things. Ever been to a Texas BBQ? Everyone wears their BBQ guns. Those are dress-up guns, you know, for parties. Open carry, sweet leather holsters, polished nickel and engraved 1911s w/ exotic grips, etc. Fancy stuff. Not my EDC style, but it's stuff like that that helps the world go round. Heehaw.

"Or get a 900gr at 2800. Great possibilities for fun shooting." - Ed Hubel, December 2014

Offline The War Wagon

• What the *&%^*&^%$&#$^%#@^@ JUST happened?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:10:16 PM »
Can you own an M4 in CA?  I like my M1 Super 90 Tactical, but I'm not sure that slides under the CA guidelines, either.   :-\
In the event of an ACTUAL emergency, YOU'LL be replying from the bottom of the Pacific.  :-p