Author Topic: Collection of classic calguns terminology and character references  (Read 1401 times)

Offline TrappedinCalifornia

• View Profile
Re: Collection of classic calguns terminology and character references
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2024, 05:37:18 PM »
The Covid-19 "Temporary" forum.

(insert the 'hide behind couch' emoji here)

Well... It depended on how one viewed COVID.

If it was simply the illness, it would have been temporary.

But, given the way it was 'used' by far too many, now there's a felt need to garner accountability.

Of course, we all realize the nearly endless and typically fruitless endeavor that is.

What was that about "Two Weeks" and "Easily Managed?"

You forgot "flatten the curve", LOL
Yeah, we're 4 years in and they're still talking about the 'next variant' and the 'next booster'. 
We're way beyond anything temporary.

Offline NATO762

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2024, 05:58:14 AM »
Some other memorable ones.

"Leaky Bellybutton"

I came here to post this one.  Sooo gross.

Offline eaglemike

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2024, 06:40:00 AM »
There needs to be some really serious smiting going on above for the posts bitching about COVID.
This is a thread about classic Calguns terms and characters, not a "let's bitch about COVID stuff" thread.
C'mon people. If you want a thread to bitch, moan, and complain about COviD, start a thread, get serious about it, and do it right! No one can bitch, moan, and complain about COVID like Calguns can!! Might as well just bitch about CalPers!

Offline bluenoise

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2024, 06:50:27 AM »
Speaking of CalPERS, I'm surprised there hasn't been mention of tbhracing and all of his follow-up accounts, including CalPERS.

Who was the poster who rubbed elbows with prominent republican politicians and whose family had a plane? His adventures were fun to follow.

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2024, 07:00:50 AM »
Speaking of CalPERS, I'm surprised there hasn't been mention of tbhracing and all of his follow-up accounts, including CalPERS.

Who was the poster who rubbed elbows with prominent republican politicians and whose family had a plane? His adventures were fun to follow.

Can't remember his name. He was a cool dude. Loved his dog on the plane haha.
My boobs deserve better than this.

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2024, 07:03:01 AM »
There needs to be some really serious smiting going on above for the posts bitching about COVID.
This is a thread about classic Calguns terms and characters, not a "let's bitch about COVID stuff" thread.
C'mon people. If you want a thread to bitch, moan, and complain about COviD, start a thread, get serious about it, and do it right! No one can bitch, moan, and complain about COVID like Calguns can!! Might as well just bitch about CalPers!

Who is talking about COVID?!

We're talking about the COVID forum and how it's been and/or is being used, including terms and characters which have become 'classics' in that section.

Offline eaglemike

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2024, 05:15:53 PM »

We're talking about the COVID forum and how it's been and/or is being used, including terms and characters which have become 'classics' in that section.
Read the posts.
Besides, the covid sub-forum was turned into a cesspool. People accused others of saying stuff they didn't, etc. It got ridiculous.Completely ridiculous.
A covid venting thread might be a good thing, but this one is about the the calguns memories, not bitching about covid.

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2024, 05:41:15 PM »

Read the posts.
Besides, the covid sub-forum was turned into a cesspool. People accused others of saying stuff they didn't, etc. It got ridiculous.Completely ridiculous.
A covid venting thread might be a good thing, but this one is about the the calguns memories, not bitching about covid.

You go back and read the posts.  What you're gonna find is...

The Covid-19 "Temporary" forum. - Allusion to the idea that 'temporary' didn't mean what most took it for; kinda like COVID itself.

What was that about "Two Weeks" and "Easily Managed?" - Phrases regularly and repeatedly used in that forum, which was the point of the post.

You forgot "flatten the curve", LOL Yeah, we're 4 years in and they're still talking about the 'next variant' and the 'next booster'.  We're way beyond anything temporary. - More reference to 'classic' phrasing used in that section, while still going back to the original idea that 'temporary' fell under the rubric off. . .

Which is why I posted the meme I did in the last one.  In short, YOU are the one trying to make it about COVID while we've been discussing the COVID forum.

I'll drop you a clue.  There's another thread which IS (or, at least, was) talking about COVID and not the forum.  You might take a look at that one and note the difference in discourse.

Offline Em2

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2024, 07:54:48 PM »
What are you, vaxxed or something?

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2024, 09:12:06 PM »

Not me.

I just don't like being told to take it someplace else when I'm engaged in exactly the type of conversation this thread is about; but, 'somebody' thinks I'm talking about something else.

Offline SandiegoPoopButt619

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2024, 09:36:40 PM »

LOL, ok mister thread police officer!! YES SIR!!! NO MORE COVID TALK SIR!!!

Since you brought it up, I saw a stupid freaker wearing an n95 today, here eyes were wide with terror.
Trump 2024 - Make jabbed people cry again!

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2024, 09:42:25 PM »

Since you brought it up, I saw a stupid freaker wearing an n95 today, here eyes were wide with terror.

Here in Florida, I wouldn't even know where to buy an N95 mask LOL. I've been here over 1.5 years and the only places I've seen masks for sale is at Lowes and Home Depot  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2024, 09:45:23 PM »

Here in Florida, I wouldn't even know where to buy an N95 mask LOL. I've been here over 1.5 years and the only places I've seen masks for sale is at Lowes and Home Depot  ;D

I seriously see idiots wearing masks alone all the time here. Such stupid idiot freakers. Do they really think the world is scary and dangerous, for them only? The rest of the world is fine without masks, but these stupid freakers think they need a mask for some reason.

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2024, 10:02:29 PM »

I seriously see idiots wearing masks alone all the time here. Such stupid idiot freakers. Do they really think the world is scary and dangerous, for them only? The rest of the world is fine without masks, but these stupid freakers think they need a mask for some reason.

As you know, I LOVE reading Democrat Underground for entertainment purposes...and to know what our enemies are saying. There are whiny gashes over there that say they will never stop wearing masks in public LOL. Imagine living in that kind of fear every day. It's probably wrong for me to revel in their misery, but I just can't help it. It's funny  ;D

Offline sigfan91

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2024, 11:00:02 PM »

As you know, I LOVE reading Democrat Underground for entertainment purposes...and to know what our enemies are saying. There are whiny gashes over there that say they will never stop wearing masks in public LOL. Imagine living in that kind of fear every day. It's probably wrong for me to revel in their misery, but I just can't help it. It's funny  ;D

You should have seen me running around here without a mask when literally EVERYONE was wearing a mask.  They were horrified when they saw me without a mask.  I got kicked out of BevMo because I didn't have a mask.  Total Wine didn't care.  I don't drink much, but I try to give my business to Total Wine and never BevMo.

Offline BadKitty

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2024, 04:40:26 PM »
2Cute2Shoot and all of her wacky ridiculousness LOL

Offline eaglemike

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2024, 05:24:46 PM »

I bow to the expert in all things.
 ;D

I agree that mask wearing these days, and most times, is pretty silly. Driving solo with a mask? Hilarious.
Maybe you can get the mod's to set up a covid subforum here?

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2024, 06:24:05 PM »

I bow to the expert in all things.
 ;D

I agree that mask wearing these days, and most times, is pretty silly. Driving solo with a mask? Hilarious.
Maybe you can get the mod's to set up a covid subforum here?

Ok I won't covid in this thread anymore

The issue can be easily managed without a sub forum!  :P

(Couch hide guy)

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2024, 06:33:57 PM »
"Only 100 rounds down the pipe."

Offline olhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2024, 09:17:22 PM »

Oh yeah! She was a piece of work for sure.

Didn't she end up in prison or something?
I have my ESP Karma Transmogrifier turned on. If you think I'm cool, the smites automatically go up...and I win Interweb points....Oh! Thank you!.     

Offline TheGood

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2024, 10:34:18 PM »

'I have an off-roster Hi-Point, no low-ballers, I know what I got.'

Offline eaglemike

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2024, 10:46:07 PM »
$1400 for a LNIB gen 3 G17. Custom stippling. 
I can't remember all the attempts to sell over-priced arms during covid. It was far worse than when Obama was threatening to ban fully semi-auto rifles.  ;D

Offline eaglemike

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2024, 10:47:25 PM »

'I have an off-roster Hi-Point, no low-ballers, I know what I got.'
I can't give you pluses/rec's yet, but that is a good one.

Offline BadKitty

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2024, 12:24:18 AM »

Oh yeah! She was a piece of work for sure.

Didn't she end up in prison or something?

I think she had a DV incident (in Northern Nevada?) or something like that. I remember her telling us about getting pulled over for speeding, dumping a smoothie on her infant, and then telling the officer that she was speeding because the baby is vomiting. LOL Wacky girl. Didn't she want to go to academy and be a LEO?

Offline TheGood

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2024, 01:46:34 AM »
Ruzzia!  Ruzzia! Ruzzia!

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2024, 02:08:35 AM »
Futin!

Offline LBDamned

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2024, 07:47:39 AM »
'The Great Migration'...

Remember that one? That was hilarious.

Offline eaglemike

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2024, 07:55:57 AM »
Semi-Auto Sam

Who were the other classic members that are long gone? CRS right now.

Offline Pinto

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2024, 09:58:32 AM »
Semi-Auto Sam

Who were the other classic members that are long gone? CRS right now.

Scroll back to about page 15 or so on this OT forum and you see some of the OG posting -

Saigon1965
Friolito
USN CHIEF
BigBoyPinoy
sorensen440
5150Marcelo
Hippies_have_guns_too
technique

Offline Em2

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2024, 10:10:33 AM »

Not me.

I just don't like being told to take it someplace else when I'm engaged in exactly the type of conversation this thread is about; but, 'somebody' thinks I'm talking about something else.

Erm, I wasn't talking about you, this is the classic calguns terminology thread, and that has quickly become a classic phrase, duh.

What are you, vaxxed or sumpthin?

;)