Author Topic: Folding stock rifles  (Read 4358 times)

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
Folding stock rifles
« on: November 05, 2008, 08:46:47 AM »
I don't recall owning one ever but the shotguns so equiped can be painful to shoot.  I want one for a 10/22 for fun and so I can stow it easier.

Anyone have them on other rifles?  Is there a preference for side or underfoding ones?  I assume collapsible ones are the best? 

On a M1a I bet they are painful and akward to shoot. 
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Folding stock rifles
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:16:12 AM »
Folders in my opinions are clumsy - some you really can't shoot unless the stock is in the open position -

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 03:54:04 PM »
My son has a 10/22 with a folder. it is fun. He has a Keltec also with that under folder. The underfolder is only allowed on that rifle because you cant shoot it like that.

I agree, shotguns would probably be too painful with only a pistol grip. I don't relly care for the AK's like that. There must be a reason though. Possibly if full auto from the hip it is easier?

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:22:20 PM »
Yeah pg only shotguns also generally suck, my dad has a .410 Mossberg like that and it is ok to shoot.

I also have such a KelTec SU16,too bad we can't have the real folding stock version in CA.

Also yes some of them are poorly designed, IIRC on the Daewoo rifle so equiped, the magazine release is blocked when the stick is folded.

I think the main good thing they have going for them is compact storage in places like a briefcase, motorcycle, ect.  Stock should be extended for any serious shooting of course. 
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!