Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3208115 times)

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #7500 on: October 30, 2008, 08:10:26 AM »
ross, do you think that aimpoint red dot is worth $400 ?

I don't know anything about them.  I only have one rifle with glass on it, and its my hunting rifle.

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: October 30, 2008, 08:11:04 AM »
ross, do you think that aimpoint red dot is worth $400 ?

I don't know anything about them.  I only have one rifle with glass on it, and its my hunting rifle.

hm yeah i dont think its worth it, just checked out gunbroker and that is the going pric for a new one , il pass
*DISCLAIMER* I probably misspelled alot of things, and i dont care..

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: October 30, 2008, 08:15:17 AM »
so im checking out the vz58's and theres a few of them on gunbroker with a buy it now price of $ 120  , not bad,

What us made parts ?

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: October 30, 2008, 08:21:07 AM »
so im checking out the vz58's and theres a few of them on gunbroker with a buy it now price of $ 120  , not bad,

What us made parts ?

Jacques said we need a tig welder to finish them...  I don't have a tig, but Randall does.

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: October 30, 2008, 08:22:19 AM »

What us made parts ?

Jacques said we need a tig welder to finish them...  I don't have a tig, but Randall does.

is a tig welder the one that is wire fed ? like a small wire that goes through the nose of the welded ? or the one with the stick ?

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: October 30, 2008, 08:33:53 AM »

What us made parts ?

is a tig welder the one that is wire fed ? like a small wire that goes through the nose of the welded ? or the one with the stick ?

totally different.  It has an electrode that you use to strike an arc with on hand, and then fill with a rod with your other hand.  The ones I've seen control the heat with a foot pedal.

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: October 30, 2008, 08:42:33 AM »
Good morning!

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: October 30, 2008, 08:42:43 AM »

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: October 30, 2008, 08:42:56 AM »

What us made parts ?

totally different.  It has an electrode that you use to strike an arc with on hand, and then fill with a rod with your other hand.  The ones I've seen control the heat with a foot pedal.

oh i dont have that, only wire and stick welder

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: October 30, 2008, 09:02:00 AM »
Good morning everyone -

Offline Angie

• View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: October 30, 2008, 09:04:20 AM »
Morning :)

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: October 30, 2008, 09:09:54 AM »
I am running late like always - Should of been on the road already -

How's everyones morning? Need coffee?

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: October 30, 2008, 09:22:29 AM »
What time do you leave here saigon?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: October 30, 2008, 09:25:20 AM »
I am wrapping things up here at work - Have to pay taxes for 3rd quarter - Do some more stuff then the road - Trying to get out soon to beat LA traffic -

What time do you leave here saigon?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: October 30, 2008, 09:47:32 AM »
It'll be awhile - Just don't have the time to get out -

Been thinking about refinishing the stock though - I need to go read up on that.

Saigon, when are you gonna shoot the Garand?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7515 on: October 30, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »
Sounds groovy - Shall we plan -

Frijolito, they were a bitch to make, but if you have the right tools it is not to bad. You have to press reciver onto barrel, using a barrel clamp and headspace gauge, a lot of filing and fiting to get the bolt carrier on, tig weld the brake on, parkerizing, painting.

Crap, between the tools Ross has and I have we could all have a VZ build party. It would not take more that a weekend to pump out one for each of us (minus the paint).

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: October 30, 2008, 10:23:42 AM »

What us made parts ?

It may not necessarily have to be TIG, but anything to attach the brake. De-mill is cutting, or pressing the barrel out, and that is about it. Need a sand/bead blaster too, unless we just worry about finish until later.

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: October 30, 2008, 10:26:35 AM »

What us made parts ?

It may not necessarily have to be TIG, but anything to attach the brake. De-mill is cutting, or pressing the barrel out, and that is about it. Need a sand/bead blaster too, unless we just worry about finish until later.

I think just worry about park later, il probably take mine to enterprise

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: October 30, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »

What us made parts ?

I will post steps tonight when I have time. I will start another thread.

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: October 30, 2008, 10:29:42 AM »

What us made parts ?

sweet, i will take the mig welder if you guys want , but i dont know how to use it lol , im also gonna try and get a big flash hider so i can have a folded stock if i gete the colapsable one

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: October 30, 2008, 10:35:24 AM »
NVM

im just gonna find a way to attach a bayonet on there with a tool, when i want the stock folded, then ima try and find a way to attach the stock open with a tool when i dont want the bayonet

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: October 30, 2008, 10:35:31 AM »

What us made parts ?

sweet, i will take the mig welder if you guys want , but i dont know how to use it lol , im also gonna try and get a big flash hider so i can have a folded stock if i gete the colapsable one

You may be better off with a brake incase you decide to go featureless. There is not a very big selection of brakes and FH because they are the oppostite thread of an AK. RH-LH.

Oh yeah, and you have to be carefull when ordering a parts kit. The ones from ORF may already have the barrel pulled. That is a good thing. Because the barrel varied wildly in diameter and some fit too loosely into the receiver and are not a press fit. If you go with ORF, they will make sure the barrel you get will fit properly. When ordering a receiver, they will ask what your barrel diameter is.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:39:12 AM by jacques »

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: October 30, 2008, 10:37:29 AM »

What us made parts ?

You may be better off with a brake incase you decide to go featureless. There is not a very big selection of brakes and FH because they are the oppostite thread of an AK. RH-LH.

No featureles builds for me, all my rifles will be as evil as can be

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: October 30, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
well back to work.

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: October 30, 2008, 10:42:56 AM »

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: October 30, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »
Hot dog.

I'm here now.
:) Thank you Sir, may I have another ;)

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: October 30, 2008, 11:40:28 AM »
Hot dog.

I'm here now.

how was the hunt mr.fudge

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: October 30, 2008, 12:12:19 PM »
Hot dog.

I'm here now.

Yesterday recap, no ducks nor geese. Just coots and my dog got sprayed by a shunk. The duck blind was under water but we did shoot 7 big (Im stupid) coots. It was a good workout for my dog. Since the water level was a little higher she had to actually swim and to retieve the down bird.

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: October 30, 2008, 12:22:37 PM »
For Sai65, did you pick up a Garand yet?

Here's a Pho shop review for you and everybody else, the Pho Express in Riverside off of Main St. I would have to give that place a thumbs down the more I think about it. The Dac Biet, house special wasn't all that special. It seemed to be missing somethings. What I have learned and been thought by Viet's that every Pho place is different and some are just better than others. I will give the Pho Express this, it was the cleanest Pho eatery I have ever been in. But I would exchange cleaningness for more taste anyday of the week.

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: October 30, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »
Hot dog.

I'm here now.

Yesterday recap, no ducks nor geese. Just coots and my dog got sprayed by a shunk. The duck blind was under water but we did shoot 7 big (Im stupid) coots. It was a good workout for my dog. Since the water level was a little higher she had to actually swim and to retieve the down bird.

oh man , since its hunting season now, i hear all this storys where people are "lucky" if they get a kill, is it skill? location ? some sort of calls ?