Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3208374 times)

Offline jacques

• View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #9300 on: November 04, 2008, 05:18:33 PM »

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9301 on: November 04, 2008, 05:18:53 PM »
But you voiced your opinion -

Congratulations - Feel good?

I voted for the first time today

kind of seems like a lost cause anyways...

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9302 on: November 04, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »
I don't know - Can only think yes -

damn this guy is coming down this weekend with the wasr22 , selling it for $312 for me lol , im stuck! what should i do ? When i go out of state , are there any normal cap or 50round mags for these?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9303 on: November 04, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »
Is the stock mil spec? I would like it - How much again -

Mine barely reach the floor - So I just swing them back and forth -

that is true oji , i find myself just browsing endles minutes in the bathroom when i should have left minutes earlier lol

Your legs don't fall asleep?

lol

I like the handicapped stall, more room to manuever and get a better wipe.  The toilets are usually higher off the ground, too.  Sometimes my legs swing, too.

Saigon, you still interested in that Ace Entry stock?  I'm still trying to sell it.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9304 on: November 04, 2008, 05:21:39 PM »
Nice to save money on our hobby -

My FFL is $70, but I can also put as many on one DROS as I want. He always asks me when I start one if I want to add anything else. I have a DROS going now, and am going to add the 10/22 to it. I was stupid and should have done the Benelli, Glock and 10/22 all at the same time, Oh well.

Each handgun goes on it's own DROS.
Only long guns can be combined.
The 3 guns above would have to be on 2 DROS's.
I am on the phone with him, yeah, you can add rifle to a pistol DROS, but you can not add a pistol to a rifle DROS. So I will only have one DROS since I am adding the rifle to the pistol DROS.

So as long as I did not start the rifle DROS, then ask to add a pistol, I will only need 1-DROS.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9305 on: November 04, 2008, 05:22:26 PM »

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #9306 on: November 04, 2008, 05:23:46 PM »
And where do you think you are going?

AZ, OR, TX, KY.
Undecided at this point.

I have a standing offer to move to Kentucky by my girlfriend's dad.
He's buying a horse ranch and I could live there and setup shop as long as I marry his daughter.
A hundred acres in the country with a 400yd range against a hill.

I have never been to KY, but if I had a choice, it would be OR. Nicer, trees, clean water.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9307 on: November 04, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »
Your's a different case - I am thinking Randall wants to get married -

Then it's time to move on -

Is she the one -

I doubt it.

Advice from a wise man.  But, my inexperience tells me "why?".  The road I'm on doesn't necessarily go through the town of marriage.

Having my own private 400 yard range just on the outskirts of Marriage would be tempting.  My GF's dad has been bribing me with tools.  He offered me a nice scroll saw and drill press.  I'm holding out for a Ford F350 or a jet boat.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9308 on: November 04, 2008, 05:27:30 PM »
I've only lived in the Bay Area - Have not really been to many other states -

And where do you think you are going?

AZ, OR, TX, KY.
Undecided at this point.

I have a standing offer to move to Kentucky by my girlfriend's dad.
He's buying a horse ranch and I could live there and setup shop as long as I marry his daughter.
A hundred acres in the country with a 400yd range against a hill.

I have never been to KY, but if I had a choice, it would be OR. Nicer, trees, clean water.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: November 04, 2008, 05:27:57 PM »
Wow, CPRC thread...wow.

Just saw that huh...
You have no idea how much behind-the-scenes PM's and phone calls went on during that debacle.
In the end, Kes compared it to the TAN.

At least in the TaN there were no threats and name calling. It just got dirty, that's all. Everyone in the TaN gets along. I think that is why people get jealous and complain. But it is not necessary, anyone can join the TaN.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: November 04, 2008, 05:28:02 PM »

I've lived in VA.  Very rednecky, close minded, racist, ignorant people.  I'd think Kentucky is similar, maybe even moreso, less military influence.

I'm still shooting for Colorado, Grand Junction maybe.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9311 on: November 04, 2008, 05:28:20 PM »
Keep holding out - In this economy, I'd ask for more security -

Is she the one -

I doubt it.

Advice from a wise man.  But, my inexperience tells me "why?".  The road I'm on doesn't necessarily go through the town of marriage.

Having my own private 400 yard range just on the outskirts of Marriage would be tempting.  My GF's dad has been bribing me with tools.  He offered me a nice scroll saw and drill press.  I'm holding out for a Ford F350 or a jet boat.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #9312 on: November 04, 2008, 05:29:39 PM »

Is she the one -

I doubt it.

It is good the days of a dowry are back ;D

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9313 on: November 04, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »
Absolutely - Can't compare the 2 -

I've noticed lately Kes has not been around as much as before - Here, that is.

Wow, CPRC thread...wow.

Just saw that huh...
You have no idea how much behind-the-scenes PM's and phone calls went on during that debacle.

At least in the TaN there were no threats and name calling. It just got dirty, that's all. Everyone in the TaN gets along. I think that is why people get jealous and complain. But it is not necessary, anyone can join the TaN.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: November 04, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »
I've been to Colorado Springs - Beautiful area - Lots of problems with gangs too though -

I've lived in VA.  Very rednecky, close minded, racist, ignorant people.  I'd think Kentucky is similar, maybe even moreso, less military influence.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9315 on: November 04, 2008, 05:31:25 PM »

Is she the one -

I doubt it.

lol, wouldn't that be nice.  Who pays for the wedding??  Isn't it mostly the brides dad?  I can't imagine having a big wedding, I don't know that many people, I'd have a hard time picking anybody more than a best man.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: November 04, 2008, 05:32:41 PM »

Colorado is also very nice. I have been to Boulder and Denver several times. A lot of people I worked with at Raytheon, when they shut us down, moved to Boulder to work at Ball Aerospace.

Of the states that I have been to though, they all have their nice parts, but I think Montana takes the cake.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: November 04, 2008, 05:32:47 PM »
Nothing wrong with a small wedding -

When I do - It will be very small -

Is she the one -

I doubt it.

lol, wouldn't that be nice.  Who pays for the wedding??  Isn't it mostly the brides dad?  I can't imagine having a big wedding, I don't know that many people, I'd have a hard time picking anybody more than a best man.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: November 04, 2008, 05:33:27 PM »
But it's cold out there Jacques - I prefer heat -

Colorado is also very nice. I have been to Boulder and Denver several times. A lot of people I worked with at Raytheon, when they shut us down, moved to Boulder to work at Ball Aerospace.

Of the states that I have been to though, they all have their nice parts, but I think Montana takes the cake.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: November 04, 2008, 05:34:32 PM »

Wow, CPRC thread...wow.

Just saw that huh...

I noticed that also. I think maybe he may be thinking if he comes back here and looks around, and there is anything AT ALL wrong, he will just close it :'(

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: November 04, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »
No - I believe he's happy with the results thus far -

Wow, CPRC thread...wow.

Just saw that huh...

I noticed that also. I think maybe he may be thinking if he comes back here and looks around, and there is anything AT ALL wrong, he will just close it :'(

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: November 04, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »
But it's cold out there Jacques - I prefer heat -

It is more than just cold. I bundle up, go outside to have a smoke, and can't even finish it, it is so freaking cold. Hands and feet go numb almost immediately.

I worked with a guy who grew up there. His parents made him walk to the store to pick up something. He had to stop to wait for a train to cross. When he got home his toes were frost bitten.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: November 04, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »

Whats in Montana?  I think that state would work for me, too.  Don't they have no speed limit on the highways??  Seems like they might get too much snow for me.  I wan't someplace that is cold year round, but not 60 below kind of cold...

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: November 04, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »
On a side note -

Bobula dropped off two cans of 30-06 for me over the weekend that I had purchased from him - I bought the ammo before I bought the Garand -

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: November 04, 2008, 05:37:52 PM »

Wow, CPRC thread...wow.

Just saw that huh...

Then all is good. I will see you guys later tonight. I have to go vote and eat.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: November 04, 2008, 05:39:17 PM »
See - That 's just wrong - Inhumane - Plus you can't really get a feel of the woman, all bundled up like that -

It is more than just cold. I bundle up, go outside to have a smoke, and can't even finish it, it is so freaking cold. Hands and feet go numb almost immediately.

I worked with a guy who grew up there. His parents made him walk to the store to pick up something. He had to stop to wait for a train to cross. When he got home his toes were frost bitten.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: November 04, 2008, 05:39:37 PM »
Go get em tiger

Wow, CPRC thread...wow.

Just saw that huh...

Then all is good. I will see you guys later tonight. I have to go vote and eat.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: November 04, 2008, 05:40:37 PM »
Ross - I'd imagine you would want the heat having lived in Oceanside for awile now -

Whats in Montana?  I think that state would work for me, too.  Don't they have no speed limit on the highways??  Seems like they might get too much snow for me.  I wan't someplace that is cold year round, but not 60 below kind of cold...

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: November 04, 2008, 05:47:06 PM »

lol.  I lived in Nebraska for many years.  It got pretty cold.  We still had to go to school until it got to 50 below.  Then my mom wouldn't make us ride our bikes out there.

I loved it though.  I remember taking a shower and getting ready for church.  We got to church before the car got all the way warmed up.  My hair was frozen on my head.  Hard as a rock.  Boogers will freeze in your nose, and if you are riding a bike, its so cold your eyes would water.  The tears would freeze on your eyelashes.

But, spending time with family when its that cold is different.  Its hard to explain.  You have a different view on life when you could actually die just going outside.  It makes people have a different take on things, a different way of interacting with each other.  We were on our way to my grandparents house one winter night.  My mom had to go to the bathroom, so we turned off the highway down a country road to find a quiet place to go pee.  I thought it would be funny to lock my mom out of the car and started honking the car horn.  It was funny, we had a good laugh.  We were already trying to turn around and head out when a farmer flagged us down.  He asked us if everything was okay and if we had seen anything...  He heard the horn honking and had come down the gravel road to render assistance to complete strangers in the freezing cold and blowing snow.

I think a lot of the desert communities are kind of like that during the summer.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 05:58:56 PM by RossRinSD »

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: November 04, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »
See - That 's just wrong - Inhumane - Plus you can't really get a feel of the woman, all bundled up like that -

Sure you can.  Slide your hands in their jacket.  Its always so warm in there.

I got frostbite on my hands riding my bike to school with no gloves.

I got frostbite on my toes but only because I was kicking all these snow drifts.  Snow got down in my boots and melted.  Wet socks and wet boots suck all the heat out.  I can be pretty damn cold, but once the toes get cold or wet, its over.