Author Topic: Thread about nothing #2  (Read 3208882 times)

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Thread about nothing #2
« Reply #10920 on: November 10, 2008, 09:04:07 AM »
So cool - Wokmaster is in Vietnam right now - Trraveling and eating his way around - Have a wonderful trip and take lots of pics -

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: November 10, 2008, 09:35:23 AM »
Good morning. Going to be a busy day. Make up for all the stuff that didn't get done when I was gone Friday. Have a happy Monday.

I wonder how many people outside the Govt or banks actually get veterens day off?

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: November 10, 2008, 09:38:58 AM »
Morning Jacques - Well some not all schools are out - But it's actually tomorrow, not today -

Stay busy - It'll keep your mind off the BS -

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: November 10, 2008, 09:45:24 AM »
Morning all.  I'm off work today and tomorrow, but I've got to sit around the house waiting for UPS to deliver a couple of cases of ammo. 

I hate sitting around when I've got time off.  Hopefully you'll help entertain me. ;D
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: November 10, 2008, 10:09:32 AM »
Good morning guys,
*DISCLAIMER* I probably misspelled alot of things, and i dont care..

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: November 10, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »
That's too bad that you have to wait around for it - Well enjoy your days off -

Morning all.  I'm off work today and tomorrow, but I've got to sit around the house waiting for UPS to deliver a couple of cases of ammo. 

I hate sitting around when I've got time off.  Hopefully you'll help entertain me. ;D

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: November 10, 2008, 10:12:22 AM »
What's up Bean? I am not motivated today at all - I haven't even left the house yet -

What did the guy with the Garand say?

Good morning guys,

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: November 10, 2008, 10:17:38 AM »
What's up Bean? I am not motivated today at all - I haven't even left the house yet -

Good morning guys,

Moonclips stingyness probably got to you LOL jk ,

The guy with the Garand said he will hold it for me :), So i will officially have a Garand on the 30th of November!! im happy, Money is tight i was gonna go to a gunshow and buy some odds and ends but EVERYTHING adds up and since im making this kinda big unexpected purchase im not gonna go to the gunshow on the 28th , I think il be worth it though , Im just exited for the Garand

So why are you feeling down ? Work slow ?

Offline VegasND

• View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: November 10, 2008, 10:20:46 AM »

Good morning guys,

The guy with the Garand said he will hold it for me :), So i will officially have a Garand on the 30th of November!! im happy, Money is tight i was gonna go to a gunshow and buy some odds and ends but EVERYTHING adds up and since im making this kinda big unexpected purchase im not gonna go to the gunshow on the 28th , I think il be worth it though , Im just exited for the Garand

Nice that you've got a Garand to look forward to.  Once you get it and can take it apart please post details... Then shoot it and give us a range report.  Do you have ammo for it?
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: November 10, 2008, 10:23:14 AM »

Good morning guys,

Nice that you've got a Garand to look forward to.  Once you get it and can take it apart please post details... Then shoot it and give us a range report.  Do you have ammo for it?

Yeah I will learn how to field strip it and such , I will fondle it alot thats for sure. As of now i have no 30-06 ammo :(, need to stock pile soon,

QUESTION

Why do they call it (30-06) "Thirdy ODD six "  instead of thirty o ' six

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: November 10, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »
Not work - Just feeling unmotivated - I am getting ready to head out though - Perhaps it's because I worked late yesterday - Got home at 8 instead of the usual 6 on Sundays -

What are the things you're looking for? Put it up perhaps someone will have something -

Good morning guys,

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: November 10, 2008, 10:27:50 AM »
I bought 2 spam cans of the Greek stuff from Bobula - Randall gave me a dozen enbloc clips - Have to look and download a manual too - Don't know when I'll have a chance to take her out - Probably next year -

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: November 10, 2008, 10:39:37 AM »
Off to the places I go - Hold donw the fort Bean -

Offline VegasND

• View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: November 10, 2008, 10:41:02 AM »

Good morning guys,

Yeah I will learn how to field strip it and such , I will fondle it alot thats for sure. As of now i have no 30-06 ammo :(, need to stock pile soon,

QUESTION

Actually it's "thirty ought six"

The cartridge was originally adopted in 1903 and was listed as the 30-03 (I forget the other milspeak that went with it)
The new cartridge was modified in 1906 and redesignated 30-06 for that year.
The 'ought' means 'zero' -- today we'd probably call it "thirty oh six"
English is an ever-changing language.

Edited to make some sort of sense.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:43:44 AM by VegasND »
H. L. Mencken

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: November 10, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »
Not work - Just feeling unmotivated - I am getting ready to head out though - Perhaps it's because I worked late yesterday - Got home at 8 instead of the usual 6 on Sundays -

What are the things you're looking for? Put it up perhaps someone will have something -

Good morning guys,

Ah yeah i feel yah, we just gotta keep on fighting Saigon

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10935 on: November 10, 2008, 10:55:18 AM »
Off to the places I go - Hold donw the fort Bean -

Will do

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: November 10, 2008, 10:55:43 AM »

Good morning guys,

QUESTION

The cartridge was originally adopted in 1903 and was listed as the 30-03 (I forget the other milspeak that went with it)

Nice, I learned something today lol makes sence, i just used to call it thirty o six

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: November 10, 2008, 12:01:36 PM »
Wake up! Grab a brush and put a little make up!

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: November 10, 2008, 12:16:15 PM »
It absolutely is ever changing - Now with the text style of writing - I am trying to keep up though -

Good morning guys,

QUESTION

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: November 10, 2008, 12:16:53 PM »
I will - Thanks for the encouragement - You too kid -

Ah yeah i feel yah, we just gotta keep on fighting Saigon

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: November 10, 2008, 12:18:29 PM »
I do need a haircut - Usually get it cut every 6-7 weeks - I've extended it to 8 weeks now - Probably get one before the holidays for family pictures - Have to look good for the next generations -

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: November 10, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »
I do need a haircut - Usually get it cut every 6-7 weeks - I've extended it to 8 weeks now - Probably get one before the holidays for family pictures - Have to look good for the next generations -

LOL , i think the last time i took family portrait type pictures was when i was 5 years old. In the past 3-4 months ive cut my hard short, kinda like a buzz cut maybe size 3 or 4 all around, i like it this way better, no need to comb my hair or anything

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: November 10, 2008, 12:52:15 PM »
Had the long hair before - Down to center of my back - In my rebelding days - Not portrait but just family picutres - You've never seen an Asian get together? Everyone has at least 2 cameras to document everything -

LOL , i think the last time i took family portrait type pictures was when i was 5 years old. In the past 3-4 months ive cut my hard short, kinda like a buzz cut maybe size 3 or 4 all around, i like it this way better, no need to comb my hair or anything

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: November 10, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »
Had the long hair before - Down to center of my back - In my rebelding days - Not portrait but just family picutres - You've never seen an Asian get together? Everyone has at least 2 cameras to document everything -

LOL

never had the plesure to be in a asian get to gether, but now that you mention it, there always pics floating around of huge asianfamilies , i guess its a tradition

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: November 10, 2008, 01:08:05 PM »
I always heard it call 30 - oh 6

I was smart enough to buy some of the Greek ammo from Century right before they decided to stop shipping to us regulars here in Cali.

I didn't win that 10/22 auction. I was out hunting and not near a computer. It ended up selling for $167. :(
:) Thank you Sir, may I have another ;)

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10945 on: November 10, 2008, 01:11:12 PM »

I was smart enough to buy some of the Greek ammo from Century right before they decided to stop shipping to us regulars here in Cali.

I didn't win that 10/22 auction. I was out hunting and not near a computer. It ended up selling for $167. :(

That sucks, good news im getting a GArand!

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: November 10, 2008, 01:13:19 PM »
There's something with recording every moment with us Asians for posterity - Next time we have a big get together, I'll invite you for some Vietnamese traditions -

LOL

never had the plesure to be in a asian get to gether, but now that you mention it, there always pics floating around of huge asianfamilies , i guess its a tradition

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: November 10, 2008, 01:13:38 PM »
Lets hear some stories -

Offline Frijolito1988

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: November 10, 2008, 01:18:26 PM »
What type of sling do you guys recommend for the Garand, I will need some bandollers also, maybe a G.I helmet

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: November 10, 2008, 01:20:55 PM »
I can see you in the helmet - LOL

What type of sling do you guys recommend for the Garand, I will need some bandollers also, maybe a G.I helmet