Firearm discussions > Curio & Relic

Nov 2015 C&R roll call

<< < (5/7) > >>

2761377:

--- Quote from: Chokoloso on November 27, 2015, 03:22:47 PM ---Hello gentlemen, I was going to wait for them to get .net up and running to ask this but it's seems like it might not happen soon. Soooo onto my question/problem

I just bought a Garand and took it out shooting yesterday. The first two clips that were pre loaded from the seller shot fine. It seemed like it was a bigger struggle to push the clip down into the rifle compared to all the YouTube videos I've seen, not sure if I should be concerned about that?

But the main thing is, after I loaded the clips with my ammo (ppv for the M1)  the rifle was no longer charging the rounds. It would fire and eject, but would not load up the next round. I had to manually charge it after almost every single round. Can anyone give me some info on what might be wrong? Did I load the rounds into the clip incorrectly? It was a bittersweet day since I've always longed for a Garand and found a good one with all Springfield parts, but it not firing right was sad indeed  :-\

--- End quote ---

almost impossible to diagnose without more info.

-you disassembled, cleaned and lubed the rifle properly? google this

-you're using USGI clips?

csacannoneer:
Here's my latest C&R. I doubt there's another one in the Country.

Before that one, I picked up these:

Chokoloso:

--- Quote from: 2761377 on November 27, 2015, 04:11:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Chokoloso on November 27, 2015, 03:22:47 PM ---Hello gentlemen, I was going to wait for them to get .net up and running to ask this but it's seems like it might not happen soon. Soooo onto my question/problem

I just bought a Garand and took it out shooting yesterday. The first two clips that were pre loaded from the seller shot fine. It seemed like it was a bigger struggle to push the clip down into the rifle compared to all the YouTube videos I've seen, not sure if I should be concerned about that?

But the main thing is, after I loaded the clips with my ammo (ppv for the M1)  the rifle was no longer charging the rounds. It would fire and eject, but would not load up the next round. I had to manually charge it after almost every single round. Can anyone give me some info on what might be wrong? Did I load the rounds into the clip incorrectly? It was a bittersweet day since I've always longed for a Garand and found a good one with all Springfield parts, but it not firing right was sad indeed  :-\

--- End quote ---

almost impossible to diagnose without more info.

-you disassembled, cleaned and lubed the rifle properly? google this

-you're using USGI clips?

--- End quote ---

I haven't taken it apart and cleaned it, the seller said it was good to go so I just took it out. Yeah they are usgi. I thought it might have been the way I was loading the ammo into the clip but after checking YouTube in pretty sure I did it correctly

Enfield47:
I would field strip the Garand and replace the op rod spring with one from GarandGear or Orion7 (same spring from both vendors). Thoroughly clean and grease it and try again. Don't use too much grease, if you can see it, it's too much.

What enbloc clips are you using? Some are known to have problems.

Hardwarejunkie:

--- Quote from: csacannoneer on November 27, 2015, 04:18:22 PM ---Here's my latest C&R. I doubt there's another one in the Country.

--- End quote ---
What is that? Enlighten me please!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version