Firearm discussions > Curio & Relic

Nov 2015 C&R roll call

<< < (6/7) > >>

Capybara:
I know what it is. Hint: it's not a firearm, CSA posted it in the .net forum.

Chokoloso:

--- Quote from: Enfield47 on November 27, 2015, 09:16:45 PM ---I would field strip the Garand and replace the op rod spring with one from GarandGear or Orion7 (same spring from both vendors). Thoroughly clean and grease it and try again. Don't use too much grease, if you can see it, it's too much.

What enbloc clips are you using? Some are known to have problems.

--- End quote ---

They are both stamped "CMP 3"

The thing is, the first 16 rounds that were pre loaded by the seller all fired without incident. Is it possible I messed something up when I loaded the rounds into the clip and then the clip into the rifle?

2761377:

--- Quote from: Chokoloso on November 28, 2015, 02:04:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Enfield47 on November 27, 2015, 09:16:45 PM ---I would field strip the Garand and replace the op rod spring with one from GarandGear or Orion7 (same spring from both vendors). Thoroughly clean and grease it and try again. Don't use too much grease, if you can see it, it's too much.

What enbloc clips are you using? Some are known to have problems.

--- End quote ---

They are both stamped "CMP 3"

The thing is, the first 16 rounds that were pre loaded by the seller all fired without incident. Is it possible I messed something up when I loaded the rounds into the clip and then the clip into the rifle?

--- End quote ---

the CMP clips are for sure the ones the seller pre-loaded? they have a mixed reputation.

when loading clips, I put 7 cartridges in and then rock them up and down while pushing them in to fully seat. the case heads should be touching the rearmost part of the clip. and I always arrange so the top round is on the right.

marksmandowntown:

--- Quote from: csacannoneer on November 27, 2015, 04:18:22 PM ---Here's my latest C&R. I doubt there's another one in the Country.

Before that one, I picked up these:

--- End quote ---

Is that an air rifle?

Nice cuff links, do you have any ammo for them?

Hardwarejunkie:

--- Quote from: Capybara on November 28, 2015, 12:46:13 PM ---I know what it is. Hint: it's not a firearm, CSA posted it in the .net forum.

--- End quote ---

I assume from the construction it is some type of antique air rifle, but I'd still like to know what it is, and how it is charged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version