Author Topic: 11/23/2015 16:45 Down again? UP 1322 28 Nov 2105!  (Read 189160 times)

Offline Ghost_of_Sierra57

• View Profile
Re: 11/23/2015 16:45 Down again?
« Reply #450 on: November 28, 2015, 09:02:26 AM »

Offline ZirconJohn

• Rattlesnake Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Rattlesnake Videos
« Reply #451 on: November 28, 2015, 09:24:08 AM »
Info icon

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

What you can try:

Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information  More information
Rattlesnakes - God's shy, reclusive, humble hermits ~ ZirconJohn

Offline Librarian

• Global Moderator
  • Books!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 28, 2015, 09:25:41 AM »
C'mon peeps! If you can't read Calguns, I know you have time to read through the thread.

The link to the status page at GeoVario has been posted plenty of times.

http://www.professionaledgellc.com/

11/28/2015 - 1:07am PST - Update 15: Another 400+ websites are now back online, unfortunately for us (well me that is) - we chose to remove the software load-balancers and go single server for tonight - note the data in file format (never again will we trust snapshot or backup formats) is however in 3 places now, that we can login and see the files - anyway - this means that we had to click at least 1 time on a configuration button on every single website, so while that was happening I also looked at all your websites, some look great - no problems at all... MOST have a problem you can find after clicking on a few pages, and SOME just don't work at all because they use Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.. which needs all the base software files working (i.e. when you see a Server 500 Error page, go click on the Web-Options button and then click on the Error_Log for the domain - and voilla you'll see something like the ".htacess" file is corrupted or the index.php is missing, or the backup folder is missing, etc..) - for this last class of website error that is giving an Error 500 - just reupload the same software files you did before and your website will return. Or open a ticket and tell us what software you need installed and we'll do it for you.

11/28/2015 - 6:11am PST - Update 16: Another WebCluster back online, who needs sleep right? well... me.
No, really, this twitch in my eyebrow is normal ...
If I'm posting *here*, I'm not moving/locking/deleting threads *there*.

Just sayin'

Offline ZirconJohn

• Rattlesnake Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Rattlesnake Videos
« Reply #453 on: November 28, 2015, 09:31:52 AM »
Can someone get this over to GeoVario - maybe can use some reference info and get a handle on things  :o

HTTP Error 500 Internal server error

Introduction

The Web server (running the Web Site) encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) for access to the requested URL.

This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse these logs. (Last updated: October 2013)

Fixing 500 errors - general

This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

Fixing 500 errors - CheckUpDown

Our service monitors your site for HTTP errors like 500. Please contact us (email preferred) whenever you encounter 500 errors on your CheckUpDown account. We then have to liaise with your ISP and the vendor of the Web server software so they can trace the exact reason for the error. Correcting the error may require recoding program logic for the Web server software, which could take some time.

Offline readysetgo

• [applaud] [smite]
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 28, 2015, 09:32:34 AM »
Whoa!  Even librarian is coming unhinged!

I think the underpinnings of civilization may be failing.  Hurry mister programmer, bring back calguns.net.
There is only ONE calguns.org

Offline AR15barrels

• AR-15 Guru
    • View Profile
    • ar15barrels.com
« Reply #455 on: November 28, 2015, 09:36:25 AM »
We all will become a bunch of newb lurkers.  :'(

it happened a few days ago, monika

Whatchu talkin about Willis?
I didn't really enjoy taking showers with other men though I have done it
I move a lot...and drool....

Offline skyhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 28, 2015, 09:37:25 AM »
This is the error I see when trying to enter the forums now:

Fatal error: Memcache is not installed in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 186

Offline shooterdk

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 28, 2015, 09:44:51 AM »
According to the last update they are concentrating on restoring email first and then data restore second.

Offline Dutch3

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 28, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »
This is the error I see when trying to enter the forums now:

Fatal error: Memcache is not installed in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 186

Yep, somebody needs to fix that pesky Memgash.

Online Satex

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 28, 2015, 09:54:21 AM »
How many people work for GeoVario?  Based on the updates, it seems like it's just one.
Let's hope the lack of sleep doesn't cause them/him to make mistakes.

Online RickD427

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 28, 2015, 09:57:04 AM »
C'mon peeps! If you can't read Calguns, I know you have time to read through the thread.

11/28/2015 - 1:07am PST - Update 15: Another 400+ websites are now back online, unfortunately for us (well me that is) - we chose to remove the software load-balancers and go single server for tonight - note the data in file format (never again will we trust snapshot or backup formats) is however in 3 places now, that we can login and see the files - anyway - this means that we had to click at least 1 time on a configuration button on every single website, so while that was happening I also looked at all your websites, some look great - no problems at all... MOST have a problem you can find after clicking on a few pages, and SOME just don't work at all because they use Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.. which needs all the base software files working (i.e. when you see a Server 500 Error page, go click on the Web-Options button and then click on the Error_Log for the domain - and voilla you'll see something like the ".htacess" file is corrupted or the index.php is missing, or the backup folder is missing, etc..) - for this last class of website error that is giving an Error 500 - just reupload the same software files you did before and your website will return. Or open a ticket and tell us what software you need installed and we'll do it for you.

11/28/2015 - 6:11am PST - Update 16: Another WebCluster back online, who needs sleep right? well... me.

Librarian,

The Error 500 translation, along with the narrative explanation of the sleepless web hoster, seem to indicate that the website backbone is now operational and that the individual websites must now reload their software to restore function to the sites.

That makes it seem that the proverbial ball is now in Calguns court to make the site work.

Am I missing something here?

No, I'm not an addict or anything like that...............

Offline meno377

• Good Morning Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 28, 2015, 10:03:21 AM »

Librarian,

The Error 500 translation, along with the narrative explanation of the sleepless web hoster, seem to indicate that the website backbone is now operational and that the individual websites must now reload their software to restore function to the sites.

That makes it seem that the proverbial ball is now in Calguns court to make the site work.

Does Calguns have a copy of the software?
“Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” -Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dutch3

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 28, 2015, 10:06:08 AM »
404 error now...so that is progress!

Offline AR15barrels

• AR-15 Guru
    • View Profile
    • ar15barrels.com
« Reply #463 on: November 28, 2015, 10:06:43 AM »

It's just a matter of re-installing vbulletin.
Getting it all tweaked/modded like before will be the more challenging part...
I didn't really enjoy taking showers with other men though I have done it
I move a lot...and drool....

Online RickD427

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 28, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »

Librarian,

If Calguns doesn't have a copy of the required software, and the sleepless website hoster is waiting for Calguns to re-install the software, then we're going to be down for a very, very, long time.

Offline Metal God

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 28, 2015, 10:22:27 AM »
Thanks for the update link

Well no I don't have time to read through 14 pages of nonsense . I went to the page that started having post from the 27th because the the site was to be up on the 26th and looked for the mods post for updates  . I guess I missed them but It's not as easy to see who the mods are here .

Thanks again for the link
Metal

Offline meno377

• Good Morning Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 28, 2015, 10:25:47 AM »

Librarian,

If Calguns doesn't have a copy of the required software, and the sleepless website hoster is waiting for Calguns to re-install the software, then we're going to be down for a very, very, long time.

That depends. If Calguns has a backup of their data, it shouldn't be an issue even if Geovario's backup of the data was toasted which if I remember correctly, Kestryll already mentioned that all the data was intact.
“Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” -Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kestryll

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Calguns.net
« Reply #467 on: November 28, 2015, 10:44:40 AM »
Having a copy of the software is not a problem, I can download a fresh copy from vBulletin at any time.
Getting the custom settings back in place is a bit more 'fun' but can be done.
The real trick is going to be remembering what all I did! ;)

I can access the control panel and web server files now but before I start poking around under the hood I'm going to send a text to GV/PE to make sure anything I might do won't mess up any restorations in progress.

We are in route to being back home.
"The problem with ‘post-modern’ society is there are too many people with nothing meaningful to do, building ‘careers’ around controlling the lives of others and generally making social nuisances of themselves. They justify their meddling by discovering social ‘problems’ and getting the media to mag

Online RickD427

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 28, 2015, 10:47:53 AM »
Having a copy of the software is not a problem, I can download a fresh copy from vBulletin at any time.

I can access the control panel and web server files now but before I start poking around under the hood I'm going to send a text to GV/PE to make sure anything I might do won't mess up any restorations in progress.

Kes,

Thanks much for the update..................

Offline ZirconJohn

• Rattlesnake Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Rattlesnake Videos
« Reply #469 on: November 28, 2015, 10:54:22 AM »

...We are in route to being back home.

This ^^^ is all I heard  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRA6XvQgbi8
[youtube]FRA6XvQgbi8[/youtube]

Offline GlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 28, 2015, 10:59:04 AM »
We're not starting over, th database which has all the posts, PMs, settings and such was never damaged and is intact.

If the database is intact, why couldn't the post counts be restored?
Not that kind of Doctor ...

Offline bloodhawke83

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 28, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »
kes, make sure you install the latest Goatz on it.  ;D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/344450/

Offline Bill1957

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 28, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »

Thanks for the update. Good idea to check with them first. Measure twice and cut once is always good.

Offline ZirconJohn

• Rattlesnake Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Rattlesnake Videos
« Reply #473 on: November 28, 2015, 11:05:27 AM »
Ya Kestryll ... don't forget my rattlesnake thread when you rebuild it, you have the technology :oji:

Offline 760Practicalshooter

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 28, 2015, 11:25:08 AM »
Things ive fone while eaiting for Calgins.net to work again:

Hit refresh button 8675309 times.

Offline microwaveguy

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 28, 2015, 11:41:11 AM »
Ok ..... it has been almost 5 days without calguns so it must be the start of the end of the world  :o

[youtube]-XTwWqzKeXc[/youtube]

Offline cokebottle

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 28, 2015, 11:41:37 AM »
The main .net page comes up now, the forums have a php error...It's getting close...

Yea, I just tried, got the home page. Now I have blue balls.
LOL
Same here

Been wanting to post my review of the Ulticlip

Offline cokebottle

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 28, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »

Is there a update . The last thing I saw was saying the site would be up the 26th around 6pm . Well that did not happen . Is there a new time line ??
Two weeks

Offline cokebottle

• View Profile

Offline cokebottle

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 28, 2015, 11:52:58 AM »
How many people work for GeoVario?  Based on the updates, it seems like it's just one.
Let's hope the lack of sleep doesn't cause them/him to make mistakes.
But he's an IT guy.
IT guys run on Red Bull and coffee.  They don't need sleep.  They are androids.