Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic Discussion / is .net still working ?
« Last post by area51 on March 20, 2024, 11:55:21 PM »
Pardon my ignorance but everytime I try to log in to calguns.net it takes forever.... It's been like this for months. I remember getting in really fast and the site
was extremely responsive. No longer the case.

Can someone shed some light on whats going on... It's frustrating >:( ???...
Announcements and Suggestions / Re: Is calguns down?
« Last post by LBDamned on March 14, 2024, 01:00:39 AM »
I cant even login to the main page, it keeps cycling me back to log in.

Refresh the page, you'll be logged in.
Announcements and Suggestions / Re: Migration Update
« Last post by LBDamned on March 14, 2024, 12:58:53 AM »
Will there be advance notice of outage?
Announcements and Suggestions / Re: Is calguns down?
« Last post by USMCmatt on March 13, 2024, 11:32:41 PM »
I cant even login to the main page, it keeps cycling me back to log in.
Announcements and Suggestions / Migration Update
« Last post by Kestryll on March 13, 2024, 12:27:36 PM »
The Cloud update and migration is set up, I have the cloud account already. The migration is waiting for some info they asked about.
This is part of what they sent me after setting up the account.

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in migrating to the vBulletin Cloud product.
The first step is to close your forum to new posts/registrations via AdminCP.  The reason for this is simple - we can't do partial imports, only a FULL database import.   If you don't close your forum before backing up, any new threads, posts or new registrations will NOT be moved over to your Cloud site as they will not be included in the backup you give us.
Please note that custom styles that are not Style Variable and CSS changes ONLY (i.e. third party styles with custom images) and plugins will not be migrated. Custom styles and plugins are not compatible with vBulletin Cloud.

After I get them the info they want it's likely we'll be down for a day or two.
Also the plugins they refer to include iTrader, I've looked for ways to make it work with the newer vB versions but it's almost 20 years old and not current at all. I'm still looking for a replacement for iTrader that will work.
Announcements and Suggestions / Re: New Path for Update, Happening Soon (I hope)
« Last post by kyle1886 on March 04, 2024, 02:28:23 PM »
Thank you.
Announcements and Suggestions / New Path for Update, Happening Soon (I hope)
« Last post by Kestryll on March 04, 2024, 12:31:31 PM »
For the last year the site has definitely had some issues, we had to move to a new server in 01/23 and the new server's MySQL version conflicted with our older software which caused the slow loading or failures to load as well as odd text and exceptions.
I have been working with the developers of our forum software to update to a current version since May of 2023 but that has taken far longer than it should have due to the proprietary control panel on the new server.

Rather than continuing on what has been too long a path to make the updated software work on our private server I’m switching gears.
I’m moving to cloud hosting with vBulletin. This should not only resolve the current issues but improve our update process as they will be installing updates, patches and upgrades automatically.

Barring any unexpected problems this transition will be occurring this month. According to vB's answer to yesterday's question I sent
'You can start by purchasing the Gold Plan, and we will manually upgrade you to the custom Enterprise Plan we discussed after.
Please let us know once you have purchased so we can initiate the upgrade and migration.'

I will be starting the process today by purchasing the cloud subscription, as soon as I hear of a definitive time for the upgrade and migration I will post it here, on calguns.org and on the Calguns Members group on FB.
Wanted To Buy / M1 carbine
« Last post by Billymod on February 28, 2024, 03:58:20 PM »
I am looking to purchase or trade for an M1 Carbine, if you have one please contact me.

Cheers!
Bill
Server Move and Outage Reports / Re: Calguns down for me 02/14/24
« Last post by kyle1886 on February 23, 2024, 03:40:15 AM »
It's down again this AM "SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE..."; and the yo-yo continues.

Got on about 0300 but that was about it, couldn't go anywhere but the page I was on.

Try again later.

Respectfully
Kyle

Server Move and Outage Reports / Re: Calguns down for me 02/14/24
« Last post by LBDamned on February 14, 2024, 06:08:37 PM »
Your linked worked to get into the General Discussions forum but I can't navigate beyond there.  I use Opera and it replies"

"This page isn’t working
www.calguns.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500"

Firefox, Edge and Chrome either time out or just give me a blank stare.

The link i sent should get you on the site. Once there, you need to click on your profile, stats, your posts, then click any one of your posts and you will be able to navigate any threads in the section of the forum.

You will be limited to forum sections that you have posted in.

It's a long way around - but pages load super snappy.

The only thing I'm unsure of is how it works if you previously logged off... and I'm not sure if you can log in from this method - seems you should be able to, but I'm not gonna log off to find out.

There are new posts and threads ... So others are finding ways to make it work too...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10