Author Topic: Calguns.net  (Read 9067 times)

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Calguns.net
« on: October 23, 2008, 04:25:35 PM »
Well it's been awhile now since we've migrated here - We were blame for a lot of things at .net - Cluttering up the site, slowing it down, tying up bandwidth are a few things. Guys were wanting to do away with this/that, ect.

I logged in this morning, there were approximately 325 unread - I've just logged back on half an hour ago - There were +250 unread.

Have the site improved with some not posting? Have the prolems been removed? I've welcome the latest additions, IE - Ladies, youth forums. How do you think those forums are doing? I've read some of the opinions and they all have their places.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
Re: Calguns.net
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 12:15:08 AM »
Well it's been awhile now since we've migrated here - We were blame for a lot of things at .net - Cluttering up the site, slowing it down, tying up bandwidth are a few things. Guys were wanting to do away with this/that, ect.

I logged in this morning, there were approximately 325 unread - I've just logged back on half an hour ago - There were +250 unread.

Have the site improved with some not posting? Have the prolems been removed? I've welcome the latest additions, IE - Ladies, youth forums. How do you think those forums are doing? I've read some of the opinions and they all have their places.

Un read what? Here on .org or on .net?

Offline Soldier415

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 07:31:47 AM »
Saigon, make sense man.  ???

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 08:10:22 AM »

Offline THE0NE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 08:14:09 AM »
heard that

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 08:45:39 PM »

Ramblings of insanity ;D

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 08:58:30 PM »
I think - Therefore I am -

Ramblings of insanity ;D

Offline Ojisan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 11:14:04 PM »
And If I be, therfore shall all.

Any questions?

Offline technique

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 12:16:13 PM »
Yup .net is slow. No one gives credible answers anymore. Bunch of N00bs helping N00bs. Not to say we answered all the questions, but it seems that its just slow and there are more questions than answers on the board. Oh well. Most of us are using the .org or the chat, no time for silly questions.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 12:26:36 PM »
When I first went on there, I used the search button to find all my answers. Now they do not and just post. The same questions come up over and over. Some 3-4 times a week.

Offline VegasND

• I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 12:43:48 PM »
When I first went on there, I used the search button to find all my answers. Now they do not and just post. The same questions come up over and over. Some 3-4 times a week.

I've been noticing that as well.  When someone, perhaps tersely, informs them that there is a 'search' button, someone else comes along with a reprimand to not  discourage the newbie.   

I don't want to discourage questions from the new guys, but it gets annoying seeing the same topics several times a week.  The point is that there's a ton of information if they would just search.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

Offline sorensen440

• Official King of Calguns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 12:45:46 PM »
Yup .net is slow. No one gives credible answers anymore. Bunch of N00bs helping N00bs. Not to say we answered all the questions, but it seems that its just slow and there are more questions than answers on the board. Oh well. Most of us are using the .org or the chat, no time for silly questions.
I'm seeing more and more wrong answers too
very dangerous

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 10:47:05 AM »
Now we are getting somewhere here - I am sorry my OP was a bit rambling.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 08:01:18 PM »
I check out .net for sales and info

I don't have as much knowledge to share as most of those guys...  And heaven forbid your wrong, you get accused of being a DOJ plant.

While .net does have a lot info, and its main purpose is to share that info, there are some elitist and outright jerks that hang out there.  They act like it is beneath them to help a newbie.  If they act like that, or honestly feel like that, then why even bother.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:13:53 PM by RossRinSD »

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »
Well - That will happened in all forums - It's up to the mods to keep it civil and clean.

Offline chris

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »
it's down now. it was really slow before it was down just now. it seems to be happening again.

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 09:27:13 PM »
it's down now. it was really slow before it was down just now. it seems to be happening again.

Join is in the thread about nothing

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »
It appears to be down yet again, I should have logged in there earlier, I am in the middle of stuff there too >:(
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 09:30:31 PM »

I don't have as much knowledge to share as most of those guys...  And heaven forbid your wrong, you get accused of being a DOJ plant.

While .net does have a lot info, and its main purpose is to share that info, there are some elitist and outright jerks that hang out there.  They act like it is beneath them to help a newbie.  If they act like that, or honestly feel like that, then why even bother.

Heard from the belt fed shoot guys that Kes is DOJ also. Do you guys work in the same department? ;D

Offline wokmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 09:44:53 PM »

So, does anyone know if we can have an AR rifle? :o

Offline RossRinSD

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »

you'll end up in jail or on a killing spree.  Why would you want one of those.  All you need is a .22 or a shotgun.

Offline wokmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 09:52:30 PM »

you'll end up in jail or on a killing spree.  Why would you want one of those.  All you need is a .22 or a shotgun.

you know........first paintball, then airsoft so I thought I'll try the real thing. It's like moving up in the world, you know. ;D

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 09:53:42 PM »

Now, now Ross. That is no way to talk to a Newbie. You are supposed to say  :
!!!!!!!USE THE SEARCH BUTTON !!!!!!!

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 04:24:18 PM »
The search button and neco-posting is the way to go.
:) Thank you Sir, may I have another ;)