Author Topic: Handguns to stash away around the house?  (Read 17309 times)

Offline k1dude

• View Profile
Re: Handguns to stash away around the house?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2015, 11:33:41 AM »
For $130 more you could have had brand new Gen 3's. I've always thought trade-ins were priced way too high.

Offline big cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2015, 01:23:38 PM »
Gen 3 Glocks are cheap and plenty

Post #2 nailed it. Plus and no offense to the fan boys. Glocks are a gun that is real hard to fall in love with for many. So if they all get stolen it's a financial loss and not an emotional one.

Offline The War Wagon

• What the *&%^*&^%$&#$^%#@^@ JUST happened?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2021, 01:46:57 PM »
Gen 3 Glocks are cheap and plenty

Glocks are the answer to every question ... 8)

AND they double as grenades in a pinch...   :P

In the event of an ACTUAL emergency, YOU'LL be replying from the bottom of the Pacific.  :-p

Offline sigfan91

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2024, 01:32:31 PM »
Fast forward 3 years, how about Ruger Max 9?  I think it sells for about $369 right now brand new.  One could buy a handful without breaking bank.

Offline Silence Dogood

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2024, 11:24:45 PM »
Everybody loves Glock as evidenced by the reference just three years ago.  Today, wouldn't PSA Glock clone be the most cost effective?

Offline sigfan91

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2024, 10:29:35 PM »
Everybody loves Glock as evidenced by the reference just three years ago.  Today, wouldn't PSA Glock clone be the most cost effective?

PSA Glocks are not on the roster.  For those of us in California, we are limited to on-roster for affordable stuff.  Anything off-roster will have a premium.  There's a Ruger Security 380 with an asking price of $800 in the market place.  It's a $300 gun elsewhere  :(

Offline NorcalEnthusiast (NCE)

• Glock life!
    • View Profile
    • My Online Love Letter to Perfection
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2024, 09:43:07 AM »
I think the answer is still gen3 Glocks everywhere... I have enough G17's to do that, but for some reason I have different models everywhere... two are G17RTF and one is a G22C though.  I like a 30S in the kitchen.  If you love those PSA's you could just buy a $120 slide and build it up or whatever they cost... and slap it on your gen3.

What are the hot new roster guns now?  P320's, XDM's and VP9's?  I guess we don't have it that bad right now.
Glock 30 is the world's best handgun, I think we can all agree.  My mate told me the most tactical hardcore operators on his security team at the Yuba City Mall love the Glock 30 as the most advanced war machine since the Terminator.

Offline sigfan91

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2024, 07:12:01 PM »
How about a Kahr CW9?  It is still $369 brand new.  The trigger should be better than Ruger Max 9.  I have no experience with CW9 but dont mind having one.