Firearm discussions > Curio & Relic

French MAS 44 and 36

<< < (3/3)

saigon1965:
Tell me in a little more details please - There was a paratrooper version with a under-folding stock - Could that have been it?

--- Quote from: ColdSteel14 on December 07, 2008, 09:10:10 PM ---I had one of those MAS-36 rifles..  POS!
It had a butchered stock someone had tried to skeletonize..
Ugh..  7.5 French...

--- End quote ---

Moonclip:
Paratroop had an aluminum buttstock, the CR39 IIRC.  The skelotinized MAS36 may have been a poor attempt at recreating a FRF1 or FRF2 sniper rifle? 

ColdSteel14:
No..  Some bubba took a router or a jigsaw and cut a big lightening hole in a standard buttstock! It was bad. It almost looked unsafe to fire. I wondered if the recoil would shatter the little wood that was left and stuff the sharp ends into your shoulder.

I got roped into buying it on a package deal with some other guns.

--- Quote from: saigon1965 on December 07, 2008, 09:19:25 PM ---Tell me in a little more details please - There was a paratrooper version with a under-folding stock - Could that have been it?

--- Quote from: ColdSteel14 on December 07, 2008, 09:10:10 PM ---I had one of those MAS-36 rifles..  POS!
It had a butchered stock someone had tried to skeletonize..
Ugh..  7.5 French...

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

saigon1965:
Good way to ruin a rifle - But then they were cheap enough back then anyways -

Moonclip:

--- Quote from: ColdSteel14 on December 08, 2008, 11:30:46 PM ---No..  Some bubba took a router or a jigsaw and cut a big lightening hole in a standard buttstock! It was bad. It almost looked unsafe to fire. I wondered if the recoil would shatter the little wood that was left and stuff the sharp ends into your shoulder.

I got roped into buying it on a package deal with some other guns.

--- End quote ---
[/quote]

Did you take it to a buyback?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version