Author Topic: New Path for Update, Happening Soon (I hope)  (Read 318 times)

Offline Kestryll

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Calguns.net
New Path for Update, Happening Soon (I hope)
« on: March 04, 2024, 12:31:31 PM »
For the last year the site has definitely had some issues, we had to move to a new server in 01/23 and the new server's MySQL version conflicted with our older software which caused the slow loading or failures to load as well as odd text and exceptions.
I have been working with the developers of our forum software to update to a current version since May of 2023 but that has taken far longer than it should have due to the proprietary control panel on the new server.

Rather than continuing on what has been too long a path to make the updated software work on our private server I’m switching gears.
I’m moving to cloud hosting with vBulletin. This should not only resolve the current issues but improve our update process as they will be installing updates, patches and upgrades automatically.

Barring any unexpected problems this transition will be occurring this month. According to vB's answer to yesterday's question I sent
'You can start by purchasing the Gold Plan, and we will manually upgrade you to the custom Enterprise Plan we discussed after.
Please let us know once you have purchased so we can initiate the upgrade and migration.'

I will be starting the process today by purchasing the cloud subscription, as soon as I hear of a definitive time for the upgrade and migration I will post it here, on calguns.org and on the Calguns Members group on FB.
"The problem with ‘post-modern’ society is there are too many people with nothing meaningful to do, building ‘careers’ around controlling the lives of others and generally making social nuisances of themselves. They justify their meddling by discovering social ‘problems’ and getting the media to mag

Online kyle1886

• View Profile
Re: New Path for Update, Happening Soon (I hope)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 02:28:23 PM »
Thank you.
Not doing anything IS doing something!

Offline SandiegoPoopButt619

• View Profile
Re: New Path for Update, Happening Soon (I hope)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 03:56:15 PM »
Yay!
Trump 2024 - Make jabbed people cry again!