Author Topic: Fast-Food Customers gravitating to Chili’s, Applebee’s, et al  (Read 585 times)

Online D-M

• View Profile
Re: Fast-Food Customers gravitating to Chili
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2024, 10:19:17 PM »
Newsom probably thought giant Mickey D's could easily afford the $20.

Without realizing many, if not most, of their customers could not afford the fallout.

Or maybe he did know that would happen.

And still didn't set an example by raising the starting pay in his exclusive Tahoe Plump Jack Inn Cafe and Bar that sells $37 pasta and a $67 steak.

Probably more like "doesn't give a sh*t" and is actively trying to buy more votes from low information useful idiots since the gub'mint ain't sending out any more "stimmies".

Offline TrappedinCalifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2024, 04:08:14 AM »
Newsom probably thought giant Mickey D's could easily afford the $20.

Without realizing many, if not most, of their customers could not afford the fallout.

Or maybe he did know that would happen.

And still didn't set an example by raising the starting pay in his exclusive Tahoe Plump Jack Inn Cafe and Bar that sells $37 pasta and a $67 steak.

It's all part of the 'disconnect' between those who 'rule' the State and the peons.

Offline Darto

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2024, 11:55:57 AM »
Watch them close down and leave. They have no other option. Reducing prices is not an option if it results in no worthwhile profit. The shareholders can get a return on money by buying safe US treasuries. And, unless they are nuts, they will simply walk away, sell out, leave California for greener pastures if they can't make a lot more profit than safe investments.

Like I mentioned above, I paid $10.80 for one burrito at Del Taco couple days ago. Not going back there again anytime soon. It's five dollar tasty and they are charging eleven.

Offline TheGood

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Today at 01:50:50 AM »
We stopped at an IN-N-OUT tonight.  There is a McDonalds right next to it.  McDonald's had a sign offering $20/hr starting.  The drive through was nearly empty.  The drive through of the I-N-O was easily 30 cars long.  When we got checked out I noticed a job posting sign at I for $22.50/hr starting.   We paid $15 and change for a Double-Double, Grilled Cheese, fries and a soda.  Not cheap but not horrible either.  In-N-Out can clearly afford to pay their employees $20+/hr, McDonald's can't.

Offline SandiegoPoopButt619

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Today at 02:40:57 AM »
We stopped at an IN-N-OUT tonight.  There is a McDonalds right next to it.  McDonald's had a sign offering $20/hr starting.  The drive through was nearly empty.  The drive through of the I-N-O was easily 30 cars long.  When we got checked out I noticed a job posting sign at I for $22.50/hr starting.   We paid $15 and change for a Double-Double, Grilled Cheese, fries and a soda.  Not cheap but not horrible either.  In-N-Out can clearly afford to pay their employees $20+/hr, McDonald's can't.

Shouldn't McDonalds just assume less profit? They are so greedy!!!

Offline TheGood

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:04:19 AM »

Shouldn't McDonalds just assume less profit? They are so greedy!!!

That would be the communist view, but seriously they were not bringing in enough business in an hour to cover employees and keep the lights on, IMO.  No wonder the prices of burgers at McDonalds is skyrocketing.