Administration > Announcements and Suggestions

Migration Update

(1/15) > >>

Kestryll:
The Cloud update and migration is set up, I have the cloud account already. The migration is waiting for some info they asked about.
This is part of what they sent me after setting up the account.

--- Quote ---Hello,
Thank you for your interest in migrating to the vBulletin Cloud product.
The first step is to close your forum to new posts/registrations via AdminCP.  The reason for this is simple - we can't do partial imports, only a FULL database import.   If you don't close your forum before backing up, any new threads, posts or new registrations will NOT be moved over to your Cloud site as they will not be included in the backup you give us.
Please note that custom styles that are not Style Variable and CSS changes ONLY (i.e. third party styles with custom images) and plugins will not be migrated. Custom styles and plugins are not compatible with vBulletin Cloud.
--- End quote ---

After I get them the info they want it's likely we'll be down for a day or two.
Also the plugins they refer to include iTrader, I've looked for ways to make it work with the newer vB versions but it's almost 20 years old and not current at all. I'm still looking for a replacement for iTrader that will work.

LBDamned:
Will there be advance notice of outage?

swalt:
It has begun!!

Em2:
.net still working as of 0530hrs.

kyle1886:
Yeah, it's been doing it's yo-yo thing all morning, up-down, up down.  I've been going between Net and Org since about 0300 hrs.

I hope the migration goes smoothly...

Kyle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version