Author Topic: Was embarrased at the local gun shop today  (Read 13118 times)

Offline franco802

• View Profile
Was embarrased at the local gun shop today
« on: February 24, 2007, 08:03:14 PM »
Well, just right now I came back from the gun shop(I won't mention which one).  I swung by there to pick up an Bushmaster AR-15 10 round mag they had on sale for $17.00.  They only had one, so I got the last one for my OLL build.

Anyway, I was there with my fiance.  We grabbed the mag and went to pay for it.  The employee who helped me there asked how I had my AR set up.  I told him I don't have it yet and that I was purchasing the mag so I will have it when I finish my build.

Guy just went nuts ???  He started telling me about how if I have an OLL lower and build it, I will be committing a felony and that I will go to prison.  I told him it would be legal.  He even mentioned the Prince kit etc and said it was still illegal because thier gunsmith told them so.

I even mentioned the monster man grip and he said it don't matter!!  He said if I buy a Stag lower and build it, I am committing a felony.

I then asked him why the hell they sell a crap load of AR mags, he didn't say anything.

Anyway, the gunshop was full of people and when this guy screamed out the words "felony" and "go to prison", everyone turned around and looked at me and my fiance .  I was kinda pissed.

Just wanted to vent a little.

Offline 6172crew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Was embarrased at the local gun shop today
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 08:28:15 PM »
SoCal? Norcal? somewhere in the middle?  Id love to have it out with one of these clowns.

Gunshops seem to be one of the worst places to get info from.

Offline franco802

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »
SoCal? Norcal? somewhere in the middle?  Id love to have it out with one of these clowns.

San Diego,CA (socal).

Offline AW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 08:52:17 AM »

[/quote]

San Diego,CA (socal).
[/quote]

I bet it was A.S.?

Offline sorensen440

• Official King of Calguns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 07:46:23 PM »
That's lame
I was told recently that I couldn't take my new gun home without buying a hard case from them and that my range bag with a lock wasnt good enough

Offline tankerman

• "Sloth love chunk"
    • View Profile
    • michaelmooreisfat  http://www.michaelmooreisfat.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 09:09:05 PM »
I know you said SD, but sure does sound like Evan of Evan's Gunsmithing/Range in Orange.
Micheal Moore is my hero.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 09:19:05 AM »
I did a transfer at Guns fishing and things in Vacaviller - They made me purchased a new lock - The seller had brought a lock to give me and that was not acceptable. Sucky - For a lousy 20 dollars they loss a customer.

Offline sorensen440

• Official King of Calguns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 10:13:25 PM »
I did a transfer at Guns fishing and things in Vacaviller - They made me purchased a new lock - The seller had brought a lock to give me and that was not acceptable. Sucky - For a lousy 20 dollars they loss a customer.

I hate that

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 10:47:38 PM »
Even worse was the helps attitude - They didn't want to do the PPT - Telling us it'll take 1 hour to do the paperwork - Well crap Sherlock - they took that long because he was training new help.

I hate that

Offline javalos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »

Those guys are total idiots, I know gun shops that build CA legal AR's from OLL's all the time and sell them.  I talked to one ignorant guy at a gun store that I visited and began to treat me like I was stupid, I wasn't going to let him do that to me, so I told him in front of his customers that he had his head up his #@%.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »
There's a shop that sells off list lowers only - Nothing else, no other parts, uppers - You'd have to complete your rifle another way - Now they ofcourse carry hand guns, other rifles, ect.

Offline Loopwell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 10:49:54 PM »
Really nostalgic how in 7-8 years things changed so much. The complaints in this thread are outdated, yet we are worse off now.