Author Topic: Where's the 'What's For Dinner' Thread?  (Read 448 times)

Offline otteray

• View Profile
Where's the 'What's For Dinner' Thread?
« on: April 27, 2024, 06:17:47 PM »
 Jumbo Shrimp Chef Salad for an afternoon early dinner!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 09:06:49 AM by otteray »

Offline Widdle

• View Profile
Re: Where's the 'What's For Dinner' Thread?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 06:24:12 PM »
This thread will do. I just had dos enchiladas de pollo con arroz y frijoles (2 chicken enchiladas with rice and beans).

Cookies and coffee for dessert.

Offline SandiegoPoopButt619

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 07:12:20 PM »
I ate a burger by the beach in La Jolla
Trump 2024 - Make jabbed people cry again!

Offline Widdle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 07:30:48 PM »
La Jolla, lol. I have never seen so many white people in one town (in CA). It kinda freaked me out. Food was good though.

Offline dan_eastvale

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 08:11:39 PM »
La Jolla, lol. I have never seen so many white people in one town (in CA). It kinda freaked me out. Food was good though.

Have you been here in N. Utah or Idaho?
I made an Italian sausage sub with Provolone.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 08:47:29 PM by dan_eastvale »

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2024, 08:28:00 PM »

Jeffs' Beach Burgers - next time you are there try it out!

Unless you are afraid of white people. I know we can be pretty scary.

Offline Widdle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2024, 08:50:53 PM »
You have been here in N. Utah or Idaho?

Unfortunately, I have not. Sounds lovely though! Sandwich sounds good, too! :)

Thanks for the recommendation. If I ever make it back there I will be sure to try it out. I am about as white as it gets, but somehow I felt like I did not fit in. It is hard to explain.

Offline FatCity67

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2024, 09:05:10 PM »
Gnocchi, sausage and butternut squash al pomodoro.
From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2024, 09:18:08 PM »
You have been here in N. Utah or Idaho?

Unfortunately, I have not. Sounds lovely though! Sandwich sounds good, too! :)

Thanks for the recommendation. If I ever make it back there I will be sure to try it out. I am about as white as it gets, but somehow I felt like I did not fit in. It is hard to explain.

Haha! I fit in with honkeys or any group, but I definitely don't like white people food very much. Burgers excepted.

I don't find La Jolla to be that white, it has lots of asians (because they are rich) and lots of tourists from all over the world. The people that live there are mostly white though. Because of these demographics, they have very low crime, safe place!

Offline Widdle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2024, 09:39:45 PM »
I think I fit in better with mountain and/or farmer/rancher white people more than beach white people. Maybe that is what it was. These are just silly generalizations, of course.

Italian food is my favorite, followed by steak and potatoes, burgers and fries, then messican food. I like southern comfort food, too, but find it to be messier to make. I do not like frying indoors.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2024, 09:47:46 PM »
I think I fit in better with mountain and/or farmer/rancher white people more than beach white people. Maybe that is what it was. These are just silly generalizations, of course.

Italian food is my favorite, followed by steak and potatoes, burgers and fries, then messican food. I like southern comfort food, too, but find it to be messier to make. I do not like frying indoors.

I'm with you there. Beach white people are usually out of touch with reality. Kooky. I am an ocean white person not a beach white person. I like fishing and diving, the kids these days like drugs and walking around looking at their phones. Oh and now they ride bikes all over the place.

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2024, 11:04:07 PM »
Homemade sausage and shrimp gumbo.
My boobs deserve better than this.

Offline GOEX FFF

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2024, 12:20:17 AM »
=☆= TRUMP 2024 =☆=

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2024, 12:40:59 AM »
I found pictures on yelp, this is exactly what my food looked like so it will suffice

Offline sealocans clone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2024, 01:35:37 AM »
My last meal, early yesterday evening, was a giant carne asada "super" burrito.

It was delicious and big enough that it was pretty much all I ate yesterday.

I love Italian food more than I like Mexican but I feel I could get sick of either one if that's all I had.

And maybe because I've had a lot of the two types of American Chinese food (the back East style bad for you and the West coast style that is more healthy) I think I pick Chinese food if I had to limit myself to only one type.

Offline Widdle

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2024, 02:10:38 AM »
I'm with you there. Beach white people are usually out of touch with reality. Kooky. I am an ocean white person not a beach white person. I like fishing and diving, the kids these days like drugs and walking around looking at their phones. Oh and now they ride bikes all over the place.

Yes. That. Kooky and/or on their phones. Bicycling in flip flops, eeesh.

I will be treating myself to dinner tomorrow (today, rather). I will post pics of that. I am working my skinny little butt off. I have very strong legs, but all our powered equipment is messed up so I was pulling pallets manually. My thighs were burning. Kinda fun though. :) I am not ready for a desk job.

Offline skyhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2024, 08:16:33 AM »
I was doing a 12hr cook of some beef plate ribs on the offset yesterday for eating today.  I tossed on a giant 2" thick bone-in ribeye that I cut from a prime rib roast when they were dirt cheap at Christmas.  Those Christmas roast sales are a great time to stock up on Ribeyes!

After smoking for 2 hours it was ready to sear off on the Blackstone, I smoked some baked potatoes to go with it.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 08:18:46 AM by skyhawk »

Offline Apples

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2024, 11:07:07 AM »

I'm a little bit o' mountain, farmer and beach. I have in the past and may in the future ride my beach cruiser wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flipflopz on mah feets.

A beach cruiser-style bicycle, for me, anyway, is a rolling beach chair.

Venice Beach to Santa Monica Pier used to be a favorite way to spend some time but I haven't been down there since well before the Dempanic. I'm afeard o' the homelessnesses and today's freaks because they're Advanced Freaks, transmogrified from the pleasant freaks of yesteryear's Venice Beach Cultural Center of the Universe vibe.
"Or get a 900gr at 2800. Great possibilities for fun shooting." - Ed Hubel, December 2014

Offline Apples

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2024, 11:14:42 AM »
I will add that when I was cycling on a more-serious level, training for a Century ride, I did wear the ubiquitious, necessary for long hours in the saddle appropriate clothing and the correct shoes. I did this about the time when clipless pedals were making inroads.

Since I also mountain biked (did the Solvang Century on a mountain bike and fat slicks) I used toe clips w/ their leather straps. If you used the screw-on buttons at the very end of the strap you could easily reach down at the top of each pedal stroke and either tighten or loosen the strap. The button served as the loosen stop.

If you needed to put a foot down for balance either when stopped abruptly or about to biff, you could easily twist your foot free from the pedal and toe clips/strap cage. Never an issue for me.

Not having dinner at the moment but a very late breakfast of fresh eggs scrambled w/ applewood smoked salami slices cut into squares, topped w/ melted sharp cheddar, Ezekiel toast and butter and rich, black coffee. ymmm!
"Or get a 900gr at 2800. Great possibilities for fun shooting." - Ed Hubel, December 2014

Offline Bar-Ang

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2024, 12:48:21 PM »
in-and out combo #3 on the way back from san transpsycho airport.

Offline WOODY2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2024, 12:51:10 PM »
I will add that when I was cycling on a more-serious level, training for a Century ride, I did wear the ubiquitious, necessary for long hours in the saddle appropriate clothing and the correct shoes. I did this about the time when clipless pedals were making inroads.

Since I also mountain biked (did the Solvang Century on a mountain bike and fat slicks) I used toe clips w/ their leather straps. If you used the screw-on buttons at the very end of the strap you could easily reach down at the top of each pedal stroke and either tighten or loosen the strap. The button served as the loosen stop.

If you needed to put a foot down for balance either when stopped abruptly or about to biff, you could easily twist your foot free from the pedal and toe clips/strap cage. Never an issue for me.
If you are ever seeking employment perhaps you could give Brandon some lessons on unassing his bike.  8)

Not having dinner at the moment but a very late breakfast of fresh eggs scrambled w/ applewood smoked salami slices cut into squares, topped w/ melted sharp cheddar, Ezekiel toast and butter and rich, black coffee. ymmm!

Offline FatCity67

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2024, 12:59:41 PM »

The Millbrae store?
From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"

Offline FatCity67

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2024, 01:02:01 PM »
Smite for making me hungry after just downing an El Dorado Market chile verde burrito and a bowl of menudo.

I was doing a 12hr cook of some beef plate ribs on the offset yesterday for eating today.  I tossed on a giant 2" thick bone-in ribeye that I cut from a prime rib roast when they were dirt cheap at Christmas.  Those Christmas roast sales are a great time to stock up on Ribeyes!

After smoking for 2 hours it was ready to sear off on the Blackstone, I smoked some baked potatoes to go with it.

Offline Bar-Ang

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2024, 01:36:24 PM »

The Millbrae store?

yep! it was like a zoo even just before midnight, inside and out.

Offline BadKitty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2024, 01:38:53 PM »

I had Broccoli Beef!  8)

Offline FatCity67

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2024, 01:49:47 PM »

The Millbrae store?

yep! it was like a zoo even just before midnight, inside and out.

Yup that shopping complex was my waiting spot when the daughters were in college out of state.

Neal's coffee shop up the hill was a go to after pickup.

Offline Widdle

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2024, 04:23:41 PM »

I'm a little bit o' mountain, farmer and beach. I have in the past and may in the future ride my beach cruiser wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flipflopz on mah feets.

A beach cruiser-style bicycle, for me, anyway, is a rolling beach chair.

Venice Beach to Santa Monica Pier used to be a favorite way to spend some time but I haven't been down there since well before the Dempanic. I'm afeard o' the homelessnesses and today's freaks because they're Advanced Freaks, transmogrified from the pleasant freaks of yesteryear's Venice Beach Cultural Center of the Universe vibe.

You get a pass! ;) Your gunz cancels out any past flip flop transgressions! :)

Offline Widdle

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2024, 08:44:56 PM »
Forgot to take a picture of my ribeye when it first came out, but here it is. I am at a steakhouse owned by a friend of a calgunner (who defied the shut downs during Covid):

Offline FatCity67

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2024, 09:27:56 PM »
Gotta geta Ooni.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2024, 12:01:41 AM »
Gotta geta Ooni.

Is that a heart pizza?

❤️