Author Topic: Flowers  (Read 9234 times)

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
Flowers
« on: October 13, 2008, 12:12:22 AM »
So I went grocery shopping tonight for some milk, Chilean sea bass, wine, asparagus (I like stinky pee), and a few other items. Near the checkout line, I see some flowers for a reasonable price....$6.99 for some tulip looking things. Heck, why not?

When I return home, I give the flowers to my girlfriend. She just moved in with me and our 3-year anniversary is this Wednesday. She freaked out so happy. Never even got a chance to cook dinner :D

Crap, do I have to buy her jewelry for our anniversary now that I already bought her flowers?
My boobs deserve better than this.

Offline hopi

• View Profile
Re: Flowers
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 12:14:18 AM »
So I went grocery shopping tonight for some milk, Chilean sea bass, wine, asparagus (I like stinky pee), and a few other items. Near the checkout line, I see some flowers for a reasonable price....$6.99 for some tulip looking things. Heck, why not?

When I return home, I give the flowers to my girlfriend. She just moved in with me and our 3-year anniversary is this Wednesday. She freaked out so happy. Never even got a chance to cook dinner :D

Crap, do I have to buy her jewelry for our anniversary now that I already bought her flowers?

FYI, she expects that these are not anniversary flowers, and there will be more to come. But the good news is you just found out what one of the keys on the key ring opens up......

Offline technique

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 12:14:46 AM »
yes you do. Just save up dude, it pays off

Offline AR15barrels

• AR-15 Guru
    • View Profile
    • ar15barrels.com
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 12:16:01 AM »
do I have to buy her jewelry for our anniversary now that I already bought her flowers?

No.
Build up to that.
If you start lavishing her now, she will come to expect it.

Better to suprise her with simple little things like bringing her lunch un-announced, or maybe even step up and send her flowers at work so all her co-workers can see...
I didn't really enjoy taking showers with other men though I have done it
I move a lot...and drool....

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 12:25:14 AM »
Oh, she's already accustomed to jewelry....I bought her a necklace at Tiffany & Co. three months in to our relationship, diamond earrings last anniversary, and an amethyst necklace for her birthday in April. Crap.

She definitely didn't think these were anniversary-related flowers, just a random thoughtful purchase. I should do this more often; it really works wonders :)

I guess I'll save the sea bass and cook it for our anniversary. She wants to spend a romantic night at home instead of going out. Either way, I was pleased with her response, to say the least....and she deserves it. Go buy your girl some flowers for no reason - she'll love you for it.

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 12:30:43 AM »
do I have to buy her jewelry for our anniversary now that I already bought her flowers?

No.
Build up to that.

Better to suprise her with simple little things like bringing her lunch un-announced, or maybe even step up and send her flowers at work so all her co-workers can see...

Oh man, you are so right. I really need to do this! She's been at her current job since April and I've only met two of her co-workers outside of her office. Flowers delivered to her office on Wednesday is an excellent idea. Or, since I've never been to her office myself, maybe I'll take them to her personally and meet all her co-workers at the same time. She's been begging me to come meet everyone.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:33:46 AM by gcvt »

Offline AR15barrels

• AR-15 Guru
    • View Profile
    • ar15barrels.com
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 12:37:13 AM »
since I've never been to her office myself, maybe I'll take them to her personally and meet all her co-workers at the same time. She's been begging me to come meet everyone.

Do that and you might get a quickie in the broom closet...

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 12:39:50 AM »
since I've never been to her office myself, maybe I'll take them to her personally and meet all her co-workers at the same time. She's been begging me to come meet everyone.

Do that and you might get a quickie in the broom closet...

LOL! She works at a children's art and technology museum. It might be best if we wait until we get home ;)

Offline AR15barrels

• AR-15 Guru
    • View Profile
    • ar15barrels.com
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 01:13:51 AM »
LOL! She works at a children's art and technology museum. It might be best if we wait until we get home ;)

Museums usually have all sorts of great places to go hide for 10 minutes.

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 01:18:49 AM »

Museums usually have all sorts of great places to go hide for 10 minutes.

Hmmm. I might have to tell her to wear a skirt on Wednesday  ;D

Offline Gunaria

• .Net what's that
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 01:21:22 AM »
Buy here a CZ...cubic zirconium
:) Thank you Sir, may I have another ;)

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 01:27:31 AM »
Buy here a CZ...cubic zirconium

I might have to do that! Lucky me, I picked a girl who's birthday is in April.

Guess what her birthstone is? DIAMONDS!  :o  :o

Damn the luck.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 10:02:33 AM »
Send me flowers -

Offline UCLA_Plinker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 10:09:02 AM »
whomever said you've found one of her keys is right.

That response she gave you should tell you she's into gift gestures.  It doesn't take much.  Next time try a card.  If you get the same reaction it's just gifts/gestures, otherwise you're going to be making the florist happy.

It pays to know their "things" that make them happy - and not just from a selfish standpoint.  If you can do the things they need you'll find they're much happier.

Congrats, bro.

Tiffany sterling isn't too expensive, and there are like 18 different matching items from each "type."  You can cover a lot of holidays/special occasions that way.

OH!  Here's my advice on the anniversary - send her flowers to her work.  It's a big deal to them - it makes her feel special and it's a gesture that "shows off" to her friends.  The, on Friday, go meet her co-workers and they'll have an automatic good thing to associate you with.  You get double the benefit for the same effort as you'd have gotten from taking the flowers to her on the anniversary.

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 06:44:25 PM »

No.
Build up to that.

[/quote]Problem I have with 40DD bi girl, she expects stuff.  I got her stuff for bday but got her back by not doing it when she was at work in front of her friends as she expected,lol. 
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 03:57:28 AM »
Okay, here's how it went...

Since she just moved in with me, she had been looking at jewelry boxes to consolidate and organize her jewelry. I took the hint, went to Nordstrom's and bought her a very nice jewelry box. Next stop was a "Hallmark" type store for a nice card. Then I saw See's Candy, which she loves, but I got distracted by a jewelry store going out of business (60-70% off everything). I figured I couldn't give her an empty jewelry box...that would be cruel. So, I picked up an sweet-ash white gold necklace with an amethyst and diamond pendant @ 70% off. She hates yellow gold jewelry.

When she arrived home yesterday evening, I had the whole thing set up. The random Monday flowers in a 100-year-old cutglass vase, a single red rose, the jewelry box from Nordstroms, the amethyst/diamond necklace, and some 82% cacoa chocolate. She was very pleased to say the least! She's a big fan of the dark chocolate.

I was also very pleased when she showed up with an industrial-style Mandolin (I love to cook), a hand made card, and some other fun gifts. I'll have to do the office-delivery flowers on another occasion....we've got Christmas, New Years, and her birthday coming soon. Oh well, I did good....she's happy :)

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 09:03:04 PM »
I hope the evening ended well -

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 10:23:16 PM »
I hope the evening ended well -

Details please.

Offline gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 02:14:49 AM »
Well, Aunt Flo is in town, but the night ended as well as it could under those circumstances  ::)

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 09:17:36 AM »
Tomorrow is another day - Have fun.

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »
Well, Aunt Flo is in town, but the night ended as well as it could under those circumstances  ::)
That has never stopped me ;)

Offline jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 03:36:19 PM »

Yeah, you probably have Aunt Flo filming.

Offline Moonclip

• Forum Addict
  • It's a trap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 04:27:09 PM »

Yeah, you probably have Aunt Flo filming.

You don't want to know the "aunt Flo" stories.  Red wing anyone?