Author Topic: Funeral Home Owners Evicted  (Read 3159 times)

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Funeral Home Owners Evicted
« on: October 24, 2008, 02:26:26 PM »
The signs of the times - Can't even rest in peace, damm foreclosures follows you to your resting -

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/17794018/detail.html

PONTIAC, Mich. -- A funeral home owner was evicted and all of the belongings were tossed out into the parking lot on Friday morning.

The House of Burns Memorial Chapel recieved a court-ordered eviction notice back in Jan. 9. 2008.

The sign was posted on the door of the chapel on South Boulevard in Pontiac.
Owner Toyanne Burn, arrived at the home and watched as her fixtures, caskets and other belongings were tossed.

The Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office posted five notices on the door of the business that they removed the remains of five deceased and cremated remains of 22 people.

Those names are Christopher Ellis, Lee Reed, Darcie Thomas, Joyce Donaldson and Senyszia Styles.

Families of the deceased should call the medical examiner's office at 248-858-5099 to make arrangements.

Several family and friends of the owner showed up early Friday to help remove the business property from the parking lot.

They held hands and had an impromptu prayer service outside of the church.

One friend, Pastor Antonio Gibson of the New Experience Church in Pontiac, was critical of the eviction , which happened in the middle of the night.

Gibson said Burns provided funeral services at reasonable costs. He also said this is a sign of the times that this area is facing with the Michigan and national economy.

The owner has not spoken about the incident.

Offline jacques

• View Profile
Re: Funeral Home Owners Evicted
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 04:17:52 PM »
The signs of the times - Can't even rest in peace, damm foreclosures follows you to your resting -

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/17794018/detail.html

PONTIAC, Mich. -- A funeral home owner was evicted and all of the belongings were tossed out into the parking lot on Friday morning.

The House of Burns Memorial Chapel recieved a court-ordered eviction notice back in Jan. 9. 2008.

The sign was posted on the door of the chapel on South Boulevard in Pontiac.
Owner Toyanne Burn, arrived at the home and watched as her fixtures, caskets and other belongings were tossed.

The Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office posted five notices on the door of the business that they removed the remains of five deceased and cremated remains of 22 people.

Those names are Christopher Ellis, Lee Reed, Darcie Thomas, Joyce Donaldson and Senyszia Styles.

Families of the deceased should call the medical examiner's office at 248-858-5099 to make arrangements.

Several family and friends of the owner showed up early Friday to help remove the business property from the parking lot.

They held hands and had an impromptu prayer service outside of the church.

One friend, Pastor Antonio Gibson of the New Experience Church in Pontiac, was critical of the eviction , which happened in the middle of the night.

Gibson said Burns provided funeral services at reasonable costs. He also said this is a sign of the times that this area is facing with the Michigan and national economy.

The owner has not spoken about the incident.

It has only just begun. I was talking to my neighbor about this, this morning. He was saying, "They can't have whole blocks of empty houses". I said, yes they can, look what goes on in Michigan, whole towns are empty.

One question I would have about this is, if the notice was posted in January, why didn't he bail then? Seems they were given plenty of notice.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
I was watching some news yesterday - You can buy a house in Richmond, CA for 35K - That's pretty damm close to what was/is happening in Michigan -

I can only assumed the owner knew and did not move or act upon the noticed.

Online gcvt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 04:56:32 AM »
I was watching some news yesterday - You can buy a house in Richmond, CA for 35K - That's pretty damm close to what was/is happening in Michigan -

I can only assumed the owner knew and did not move or act upon the noticed.

Isn't Richmond the new murder capital of (Nor) CA now...or close to it? $35,000.00 for a crack house is pretty steep  :P

Seriously though, one of my best friends, and my best shootin' buddy, lives in the "nice" area of Richmond...right near Old West Gun shop. Quiet older neighborhood with mostly elderly residents. His house had more than doubled in value until recently. He may be couch surfing with me in SF soon. Tragic.

My boobs deserve better than this.

Offline saigon1965

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 08:12:04 AM »
The said house is in the Iron triangle - Bad area.