Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Gutter/drainage help?
« Last post by gcvt on Today at 11:02:18 AM »
This is what the jasmine will look like when it fills in...

« Last post by gcvt on Today at 10:54:49 AM »
The pipe will not be visible. The Asian Jasmine will completely cover them. The Jasmine here grows about 5" tall.

The brown parts of the pipe are painted.

That craptastic tree is hiding the garage air conditioner intake/exhaust panel in the window from my HOA.
Off Topic Discussion / Re: .org wordle thread.
« Last post by bluenoise on Today at 10:42:38 AM »
Wordle 1,042 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

What does the asterisk mean?

We have it set to hard mode.

I just changed mine. If I'm understanding what that means correctly, I think I've always played that way anyway. I have always included the yellow and green letters in my next plays, unless I have a brain fart and screw it up.
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Pooping time scientific study
« Last post by Bar-Ang on Today at 10:41:03 AM »
one can use their iphone to do self-colonoscopy.

I bought a cheap endoscope on Amazon for working on cars. The instructions say I'm not allowed to put it up my butt. Very disappointing  :-\

that stinks! you should get a refund and have them send you a free bidet.
« Last post by FatCity67 on Today at 10:15:31 AM »

Is this the walkway to your front door?

Well since you decided to go Full Incest Bred Hillbilly on it not much I'd suggest now will matter.

Two things though.

1. Dig that craptastic tree out of there and transplant or trash.

2. Plant some dang bushes in front of that mess.

3. The ultraviolet is gonna tear up that brown extension pipe in a couple of seasons. Spray paint it all one color. Paint will protect the cheap thin plastic they use on those pipes these days.

Hardpipe would have been better, burying to top of pipe and 90up with popup grate at walkway/driveway crotch.
« Last post by TheGood on Today at 10:09:15 AM »
It is what it is, but at the very least you now have water that's being diverted away from the house.

You could plant shrubs/etc in front of the flex pipe to camouflage it.

Consider this.  You could bury the lateral pipe a few inches below the surface of the dirt, run it as you have it laid out to the corner where the sidewalk meets the driveway.  Then put an elbow and drain fitting (flat surface type) at the corner and water would flow out of it and then across the driveway. 
The only problem is that the corrugated pipe would sit full of water after the rain stops because it's below height of the pipe exit.  If you used perforated pipe, the excess in the pipe would flow out into the planter box slowly, but don't know how wet that planter would be if it rains regularly.
« Last post by gcvt on Today at 09:32:05 AM »
Here's what I've come up with so far. I cut about 4" off the downspout on the right. Still need to dig down a bit at the end to slope the pipe down just a tad by the driveway.

Thoughts? Tips? Insults?  ;D

Off Topic Discussion / Re: .org wordle thread.
« Last post by FatCity67 on Today at 09:25:26 AM »
Wordle 1,042 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

What does the asterisk mean?

We have it set to hard mode.

I'm always in hard mode.🤣😂🤣
Announcements and Suggestions / Re: Migration Update 4/24/24
« Last post by FatCity67 on Today at 09:20:22 AM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10