Author Topic: Going around the media  (Read 7610 times)

Offline Librarian

• Global Moderator
  • Books!
    • View Profile
Going around the media
« on: December 31, 2008, 01:40:03 PM »
I expect to slide this topic to .net when it comes back, but I was reading other things, and Instapundit sent me to
http://copiousdissent.blogspot.com/2008/12/what-conservative-bloggers-can-learn.html

I've been arguing that a lot of the reason it's so hard for CA gun owners to get rid of the anti-gun politicians is that we can't get favorable or accurate coverage from the newspapers and the broadcast media.

And the current situation is producing a decreasing number of gun owners,and a decreasing number of people with actual knowledge of guns and gun owners.
Ronald Reagan used to say "it's not that liberals are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

At the link, Devil's Advocate suggests the avenue of a Youtube channel.

Any opinions on the concept?

Clearly 'who would do it' and 'what content' and 'how do we get stuff up often enough to keep the channel interesting' are all questions related to making the idea a success.

As starting a new topic on it might suggest, I think it's an idea worth exploring.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:42:19 PM by Librarian »
If I'm posting *here*, I'm not moving/locking/deleting threads *there*.

Just sayin'

Offline jacques

• View Profile
Re: Going around the media
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »
I would agree. People are glued to the TV and slanderous Newspapers.

A You Tube Channel would be nice. Also, if people wanted to get real serious, than a little free newspaper put in to circulation.

Offline GuitarCrazyo

• View Profile
    • Guitars
Going around the media
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »
The gun range I grew up going to with my dad had no rentals at all and was still very popular until its unfortunate demise so it was weird when I went to an indoor gun range and they had all sorts of rentals.

Offline wjc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 11:19:40 PM »
I believe there already is a Calguns channel on YouTube.

What we need is a "spokesman"...errr..."spokesperson" that can rationaly explain our situation
much like "Cam & Company" on the NRA channel.

The other challenge is getting Calguns members, and shooters/hunters/etc not with Calguns members, to watch the channel in order to be informed.

Any chance of getting Dana Loech?   ;D

Offline Dutch3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »
I think it's a great idea, but how to gain an audience of those who could make a difference?

Something like cross between Hicock45 and Colion Noir but with a California focus? Too bad Huell Howser is gone.

Offline The War Wagon

• What the *&%^*&^%$&#$^%#@^@ JUST happened?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 01:55:08 PM »
I've been arguing that a lot of the reason it's so hard for CA gun owners to get rid of the anti-gun politicians is that we can't get favorable or accurate coverage from the newspapers and the broadcast media.

Better scratch SOCIAL media off the list while you're at it.  Faceplant, Tweeter, and the rest will begin scrubbing in 3... 2... 1...  :o
In the event of an ACTUAL emergency, YOU'LL be replying from the bottom of the Pacific.  :-p