Firearm discussions > Shotguns

Remington 1100 done in Texas tactical

(1/1)

Apples:

I found a nice, little-used Remington 1100 made in the early 1980s wearing a 22" smoothbore, rifle-sights slug barrel. A short time later I stumbled upon a you tube vid posted by a Texas 3-gun champ who used a wood-furniture 1100 against competition shouldering black, tactical shotguns. His only modifications were simple ones, supporting what is fundamentally a great semiauto design. I liked what I saw and decided to use most of his mods, except the side saddle, on mine. I'd rather try double-loading from a belt clip...

The changes I made are a combat bolt handle, a Dave's Metal Works "Easy Loader" (which requires a wee bit O' smithin' to install properly) and a Remington 2-shot magazine extension. I like to call it "Texas tactical". Yeehaw...

Ubermcoupe:
^^^ Looks great. I've got an 1100 that is sitting collecting dust (probably needs O-rings) and this might be an idea.

That being said there's nothing, wrong with "black tactical" shotguns ;)

Apples:
Of course not. I hope some time in the next 24 months to have to work some brutal overtime... then that Benelli M4 can come home. *swo0n*

Meanwhile, I get a kick out of the Texas way of doing things. Ever been to a Texas BBQ? Everyone wears their BBQ guns. Those are dress-up guns, you know, for parties. Open carry, sweet leather holsters, polished nickel and engraved 1911s w/ exotic grips, etc. Fancy stuff. Not my EDC style, but it's stuff like that that helps the world go round. Heehaw.

The War Wagon:
Can you own an M4 in CA?  I like my M1 Super 90 Tactical, but I'm not sure that slides under the CA guidelines, either.   :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version