Author Topic: Encouragement?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline The War Wagon

• What the *&%^*&^%$&#$^%#@^@ JUST happened?!
    • View Profile
Encouragement?
« on: January 23, 2021, 12:06:44 PM »
Fellow O-L-D guys will know what I'm talking about, so bear with me - maybe YOU'LL be able to explain it to the younger generation, when I'm gone.

I bought my first AK, about a month BEFORE the numbnut shot up the McDonalds in San Diego.  I was 21, Reagan was STILL President, and I was still living in rural NC, where I grew up.  The 1970's and '80's were still VERY much a time of "Mayberry," even within a few miles of Charlotte.  Pickup truck gunracks FULL of guns in high school parking lots were a REAL thing - as was legal open carry.  Nobody gave a second thought to it.

I would soon return to college, where I fell into a good crowd of older students, like myself, who all legally owned guns.  Shooting in the woods, off the Blue Ridge Parkway, was a typical weekend activity for us.  Norinco .223 and 7.62x39 was $.99 / box o' 20.  Blowing through 3,000rds., was only a $149 - well within the budget even of college kids.  New 9mm & .40 handguns typically ran between $300 & $400.  AR15's could be had under $500 - AK's still under $300.  A new Norinco SKS ran between $79 & $99.  And life was good.

I graduated, moved on, and pretty much ignored KLIN - TON I and his gun bans.  Living in NC, and then MS, SC, TX, (central) PA and KY during his insurrection, made ignoring him easy.  Shrub was elected while I was in KY - no great shakes by the TRUMP standard, but better than algore or Horseface, whom he defeated in '04.  After a year & a half of graduate studies in IN, I came here to Pittsburgh - an old, industrial unionized libtard center of the dying rustbelt - but STILL a Class III/NFA legal state, with a SHALL issue CCW (LTCF) policy.  And a city where you can STILL tell the libtards to get OFF, like this!

[youtube]GHBXcTspNrY[/youtube]

So I came to Calguns about 9 years AFTER coming here.  I've NEVER been west of San Antonio, or Custer Nat'l. Battlefield in se MT, for reference.  Never even changed PLANES or some such in CA - NEVER set foot there.  Just seemed like a fun board to hang out on.  And it has been.

And I understand - forensically - that you've had a L-O-N-G succession of CRAPPY politicians - from Moon Unit Jerry & Sen. Whinestein, to Pe-LOUSY and now Kamalalala - ding-dong.  PA has CRAPTACULAR leaders, but a bloated State House & Senate leans HEAVILY RURAL Republican, squashing all gun control attempts, as does our state constitution, whose RKBA clause is worded MORE strongly than the 2A!!!   :o

So while I have OFTEN encouraged REAL Americans - trapped behind the Sierras - to emigrate over here to the United States, I have especially - of late - encouraged MORE of you, to stop laying down like wusses to gummint flunkies like Newscum & Schnauzer - GROW A PAIR... - and stand up for yourselves.  To wit:

And I do so, because I cannot GRASP, not LIVING like REAL men; FREE men, and telling the gummint to shove off, when it oversteps its boundaries.   >:(   For you younger guys, maybe it IS all you've known, if you were born and raised there.  But is peace IN chains, really WORTH it?  Is a sunny beach, but no freedom, such a 'GREAT' thing?  Is having the gummint jam a leash up yer @$$, just easier to accept, than personal responsibility, and seeking a better life?

I'm guessing that it is, because so MANY people seem to enjoy it there.  And they tell ME - with my freedoms and liberties - to go take a long walk off a short pier!   ???

I cannot FATHOM that mindset... and cannot reason WITH it either, apparently.  It's like most of the GUN OWNERS even... have Stockholm Syndrome!   :-\

But I reckon I've pestered you enough.  So I'll take my leave of you, with the words of one of the ORIGINAL Sons of Liberty (old guys - explain who they were to the youngsters):

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
Samuel Adams

God bless, and good luck.   :(

In the event of an ACTUAL emergency, YOU'LL be replying from the bottom of the Pacific.  :-p